Etude House Oh m'Eye Line

Etude House Oh m'Eye Line
Oh m'Eye Line

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this when I first went to korea.. I agree with what the previous Korean reviewer mentioned its so cheap and it works much more better than stilla stay all day liner. I have oily lids and stilla just does not stay all day at my ends.

but the downside is product will crack.. I think if you keep it for too long the product ages thus is cracks.

for the super cheap price, its one of the best eyeliners in the market. recommend a try.

on 12/22/2015 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the BEST longest lasting liquid eyeliner I have EVER used - only $6 (on top of being the best)!

Why? Easy to use, dries relatively quickly, SUPER long lasting, looks just as nice as high end liners (Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner), doesn't crack or look thick like cheaper liquid liners like Milani or Wet & Wild. Etude House is owned by Amore Pacific (huge cosmetic/skin care conglomerate that spends a fortune on research) so I trust this line even though it's very low in price. I've been using (since high school) high end brands (Chanel, Christian Dior, E. Lauder) but I have experimented with different ranges lately but I still expect a lot from my products.

I am Korean & although I don't have a monolid, my eyes are slightly more "flat" than a Western face thus the eyeliner area getting more "banged up" than a Western eye.

This Etude House Oh m'Eye Line ($5-6 on ebay) has BEATEN out these other contenders:
1) Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner ($22) - Etude House lasted longer (12 - 14 hour day) w/ less smudges than Stila (considered tops by many makeup artists).

2) Clio Kill Black Waterproof Brush Liner ($10 to $20) - Etude House was darker, richer and lasted much longer (Clio isn't bad but it smudged more earlier in the day compared to Etude House)

3) Milani Infinite Liquid Eye Liner - thick & goopy, cracked & took forever to dry - looked thick & CHEAP!

4) Wet n Wild h2o Liquid Liner - complete mess to apply & also thick & goopy, cracked & took forever to dry - looked thick & cheap & stained my fingernails like crazy

5) Cake Eye Liners (Bobbi Brown, Stila, Essence) smudges on me after a few hours so no contest - Etude House wins hands down

6) Pencil Eye Liners - they ALL smudge on me (even NARS Larger than Life Long Wearing Pencil) - I will line my eye with a Pencil Eye Liner for shape & then I top the line with the Etude House Liquid Liner for budgeproof sweatproof cat eyes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This eyeliner is MONOLID-APPROVED.

I have this in #1 Black.The eyeliner has the same packaging as the etude house proof 10 eye primer. The applicator is fantastic because it's firm whilst the brush tip has the right amount of flexibility so you can draw a line with ease. The shape of the tip is sharp and thin so you can draw a very thin line or a thick line. It dries to a matte finish. I usually draw a thicker line due to my monolids but it is honestly such a breeze to apply eyeliner even with my atrocious liquid eyeliner skills. I still love my Milani Infinite Liquid Eyeliner for days where I want smudge-proof, long-lasting eyeliner that lasts 12+ hours but because the applicator is so finnicky and the formula takes a while to dry, I use the etude house eyeliner on a daily basis.

So far, I've had this for more than 6 months and it's still going strong. The formula is very black, pigmented, opaque and it dries within a minute. I can only critique it on two things.

1) The eyeliner flakes off when it's not paired with eye primer. My eyelids are slightly oily. I don't like flaking but I prefer flaking over smudging any day. To work around this, I use it in conjunction with the etude house proof 10 eye primer (which is just fantastic- I've been using it for 3 years!) and the combination of this duo ensures that the eyeliner wears like iron. It lasts ALL day and through humid summer days and sweaty music festivals where I danced and sweated my face off for 6 hours. However my eyeliner was still perfect at the end of the night.

2) The eyeliner applies opaque but sometimes when it dries, it loses its pigmentation at the top half of the line. I find that this happens when I don't use enough eyeliner and it's not evenly applied so I just go over it again. After that, it's all good and wears well for the rest of the day - no fading at all.

Besides these two flaws, I really have no other complaints. This eyeliner is extremely affordable, retailing for $5-6USD. I buy this from eBay because I live in Australia. When paired with an eye primer, it lasts all day on my somewhat oily monolids and it is smudge-proof, flake-proof and oil-proof. Do note that this isn't waterproof and thus is easily removed with micellar water or cleansing oil.

TL;DR: This is a wonderful eyeliner for anyone who's looking for something that's affordable but actually lasts! I also highly, highly recommend this for monolids! :)

on 8/26/2013 3:58:00 AM

I bought this in Korea for like $3, and it worked so well. The liquid is opaque, with only one stroke, the tip applicator is a flexible plastice felt tip/thing. The formula is great, it dries to a rubbery finish, a formula I've used only in Korean brands of liquid eyeliners. No flaking, great value for the money. The reason I didn't give it 5, was because it dries out too fast. If I still wore liquid eyeliner, I would still buy this.