Etude House Oh m'Eye Line

Oh m'Eye Line

4.3

on 8/23/2016 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this product, as well as the Etude House Proof 10.

I have monolids and oily eyelids. This stuff is actually waterproof. It tends to peel, not give the gift of panda eyes! The brush is easy to handle, non scratch.

I wore this product on a tropical beach holiday. Snorkelling/swimming/hiking. This survived at the end of the day (vs Urban Decay 24/7 on the lower lids, which lasted a few hours and disappeared). Some days I also even wouldn't bother with primer!

Good opacity (black). Cheap. Effective. Have re purchased this multiple times. One bottle also seems to last a while (almost 2 years now) - although I've noticed that the EH Proof 10 doesn't last this long before it dries.

Recommend.

-Maybelline
-Max Factor
-Estee lauder pencils
-Elizabeth Arden pencils

As you can see I've tried a few, and wasted plenty of money on stuff that doesn't work.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this in blue, and have been using it daily. comes with a soft felt brush applicator that is non-scratchy. This is waterproof and does not transfer or give me racoon eyes. If i do rub my eyes, this just flakes and comes off like eraser dust. Very easy to remove as well. Price is fantastic for its performance and I am on my third bottle now. This shows how much I love this eyeliner.

To Read all 18 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/9/2016 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've ordered it again! First received it as a gift. I have oily eyelids, causing smudge to occur on past regular eyeliner. This eyeliner dries up fast and is easy to apply. It is pigmented. Hence, when rubbed, it does not smudge but will peel bit by bit. Personally, I prefer peeling than becoming a panda as the day goes by. Oh yes, it is very affordable (~SGD 9). Packaging is nothing impressive, light plastic bottle, portable.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this when I first went to korea.. I agree with what the previous Korean reviewer mentioned its so cheap and it works much more better than stilla stay all day liner. I have oily lids and stilla just does not stay all day at my ends.

but the downside is product will crack.. I think if you keep it for too long the product ages thus is cracks.

for the super cheap price, its one of the best eyeliners in the market. recommend a try.

on 12/22/2015 1:35:00 AM

This is the BEST longest lasting liquid eyeliner I have EVER used - only $6 (on top of being the best)!

Why? Easy to use, dries relatively quickly, SUPER long lasting, looks just as nice as high end liners (Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner), doesn't crack or look thick like cheaper liquid liners like Milani or Wet & Wild. Etude House is owned by Amore Pacific (huge cosmetic/skin care conglomerate that spends a fortune on research) so I trust this line even though it's very low in price. I've been using (since high school) high end brands (Chanel, Christian Dior, E. Lauder) but I have experimented with different ranges lately but I still expect a lot from my products.

I am Korean & although I don't have a monolid, my eyes are slightly more "flat" than a Western face thus the eyeliner area getting more "banged up" than a Western eye.

This Etude House Oh m'Eye Line ($5-6 on ebay) has BEATEN out these other contenders:
1) Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner ($22) - Etude House lasted longer (12 - 14 hour day) w/ less smudges than Stila (considered tops by many makeup artists).

2) Clio Kill Black Waterproof Brush Liner ($10 to $20) - Etude House was darker, richer and lasted much longer (Clio isn't bad but it smudged more earlier in the day compared to Etude House)

3) Milani Infinite Liquid Eye Liner - thick & goopy, cracked & took forever to dry - looked thick & CHEAP!

4) Wet n Wild h2o Liquid Liner - complete mess to apply & also thick & goopy, cracked & took forever to dry - looked thick & cheap & stained my fingernails like crazy

5) Cake Eye Liners (Bobbi Brown, Stila, Essence) smudges on me after a few hours so no contest - Etude House wins hands down

6) Pencil Eye Liners - they ALL smudge on me (even NARS Larger than Life Long Wearing Pencil) - I will line my eye with a Pencil Eye Liner for shape & then I top the line with the Etude House Liquid Liner for budgeproof sweatproof cat eyes.

on 5/16/2015 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Cute packaging, easy to use, easy to dry, waterproof (too hard to remove) This was the first product that introduce me to EtudeHouse!!! The applicator is the HG EYELINER BRUSH EVER. (If you use it almost everyday I think they will last for 1-2months) !!! ps:you have to use sooo much makeup remover to remove this lol!😘

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This eyeliner is MONOLID-APPROVED.

I have this in #1 Black.The eyeliner has the same packaging as the etude house proof 10 eye primer. The applicator is fantastic because it's firm whilst the brush tip has the right amount of flexibility so you can draw a line with ease. The shape of the tip is sharp and thin so you can draw a very thin line or a thick line. It dries to a matte finish. I usually draw a thicker line due to my monolids but it is honestly such a breeze to apply eyeliner even with my atrocious liquid eyeliner skills. I still love my Milani Infinite Liquid Eyeliner for days where I want smudge-proof, long-lasting eyeliner that lasts 12+ hours but because the applicator is so finnicky and the formula takes a while to dry, I use the etude house eyeliner on a daily basis.

So far, I've had this for more than 6 months and it's still going strong. The formula is very black, pigmented, opaque and it dries within a minute. I can only critique it on two things.

1) The eyeliner flakes off when it's not paired with eye primer. My eyelids are slightly oily. I don't like flaking but I prefer flaking over smudging any day. To work around this, I use it in conjunction with the etude house proof 10 eye primer (which is just fantastic- I've been using it for 3 years!) and the combination of this duo ensures that the eyeliner wears like iron. It lasts ALL day and through humid summer days and sweaty music festivals where I danced and sweated my face off for 6 hours. However my eyeliner was still perfect at the end of the night.

2) The eyeliner applies opaque but sometimes when it dries, it loses its pigmentation at the top half of the line. I find that this happens when I don't use enough eyeliner and it's not evenly applied so I just go over it again. After that, it's all good and wears well for the rest of the day - no fading at all.

Besides these two flaws, I really have no other complaints. This eyeliner is extremely affordable, retailing for $5-6USD. I buy this from eBay because I live in Australia. When paired with an eye primer, it lasts all day on my somewhat oily monolids and it is smudge-proof, flake-proof and oil-proof. Do note that this isn't waterproof and thus is easily removed with micellar water or cleansing oil.

TL;DR: This is a wonderful eyeliner for anyone who's looking for something that's affordable but actually lasts! I also highly, highly recommend this for monolids! :)

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Personally, I really like to use Etude House's products, and I was bored of using pencil eyeliner so I just bought their liquid eyeliner on a whim and it was amazing. It's very long-lasting.
So, I went out clubbing with my friends that night, and my eyeliner never smudged like my friends'. It did not fade or dried out. I bought the black one and at first, I thought it would turn out to be a very dried up finish but after I tried it on, it was very bold and solid.^^

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

no just no

I bought this eye liner because of the good reviews so imagine my disappointment. The formula is so thin that if you go over in the wet area again with the brush the eyeliner will smear easily so I had to wait for it to dry to build up the shape. Also, it CRACKS, it freaking cracks easily. i'm doing my second eye and the eyeliner in my other eye already cracks. For just a few minutes of application and it's already cracking. At the end of the day the color looks very dull and I have to reapply. So no, it's not a very good product I hate it so much.

on 12/30/2014 8:51:00 PM

I bought this in black.
The price was so appealing, and I really like Etude House, so why not, right?
The packaging was cute, and I was a little skeptical of the size, but this thing lasts quite a while...
Anyways, the brush is literally the best one I've seen on a liquid eyeliner. It's nice and firm - unlike other liquid liners where you need to be fucking Picasso in order to create a steady line.
It applies nice and dark, and i almost never, ever have to apply it a second time. The consistency of the liner is fairly weird though, which leads me to the one problem -
I'm not sure if the problem here is that the liner is too thick or thin. At the end of the day when I'm taking this off, it is tremendously difficult. I'm losing eyelashes here! T___T Trust me - I take off my makeup every night, use nice and gentle but effective eye makeup removers (and at this point I've tried a ton with this) but still, this eyeliner is a pain in the ass to remove. Little bits of it stay between my lashes.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but that's really the reason I won't repurchase.
Anyways, this liner looks amazing. Somedays I go for a soft and pretty look where the eyeliner softly fade out in a small wing (does this naturally with one stroke along the eye :-) and some days I go for super bold. Be careful if you go for a bolder cat eye though, it tends to bleed and droop a bit right after you apply.
So yeah. Looks great but is a pain to get off. It's not advertised as waterproof, so...? (well, i've cried wearing this and it gets all cracked. don't cry people)