Shiseido Sheer and Perfect

Shiseido  Sheer and Perfect
Sheer and Perfect

3.9

Active: OCTINOXATE 2.9TITANIUM DIOXIDE 5.2 Inactive: WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOMETHICONE, SD ALCOHOL 40-B, NYLON-12, GLYCERIN, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, DIPHENYLSILOXY PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIETHYLHEXYL SUCCINATE, POLYGLYCERYL-2 DIISOSTEARATE, ERYTHRITOL, XYLITOL, GLYCYL GLYCINE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM HYALURONATE, PAEONIA ALBIFLORA ROOT EXTRACT, PEG/PPG-36/41 DIMETHYL ETHER, ZINGIBER AROMATICUS EXTRACT, DIMETHICONE/PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, ALUMINUM DISTEARATE, DISODIUM EDTA, ALUMINA, POLYSILICONE-2, SODIUM CITRATE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, BHT, ALCOHOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TOCOPHEROL, CITRIC ACID, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, BARIUM SULFATE, SODIUM METABISULFITE, METHICONE, TETRADECENE, DIPENTAERYTHRITYL HEXAHYDROXYSTEARATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, BENZOIC ACID, FRAGRANCE, IRON OXIDES, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA

on 10/22/2016 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my go to every day foundation. Not because it's HG, or because it's cheap, but because it matches my skin perfectly (my shade is 20) and it has the perfect amount of coverage (light - not too sheer & not too heavy) and it doesn't settle into my large pores and fine lines.
That is not an easy thing to find! I like the packaging a lot. It's a plastic, flat sided squeeze bottle. Great for travel and you don't have to get your fingers in it. If your looking for heavy coverage, this is not it, but if you like light coverage with a matte finish that will even out your skin tone, this is perfect! Works best for combination/oily skin.

on 9/12/2016 4:25:00 AM

This is an OK foundation. The texture is very fluid, and dries fast. I use my hands to apply this because brushes and sponges just absorb this stuff up like it's water. The finish is matte but very sheer. If I have redness in my skin, it would show through but appear matte and end up looking dry and unnatural. Sometimes, I add a few drops of this to my moisturizer to create my own tinted moisturizer. I like using it this way the most but again, it is very, very sheer. The packaging is decent and hygienic enough, but it does get messy in the cap. I think you can find better foundations in this $40 price range.

on 8/18/2016 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I was hesitant at first to buy this foundation. The lady at the counter gave me a relaxing facial and topped my face with this foundation. I thought my skin looked oily but no, it was literally radiant - not the oily way. My face just looked white and radiant and almost flawless but not obvious with makeup. This provides sheer to light coverage. Lately i have been obsessed with natural finish face makeup after Shiseido Ibuki healed most of my blemishes. If you are on the same boat as I am, go buy this one. It is so skin friendly that i did not feel any sting at all. No pimples also showed up nor milia. Just a tip, after applying this one top off with a loose powder and not compact / pressed powder - doing so will only make you look too makeup-y. The loose powder seals the foundation and as this foundation oxidizes, it transforms to radiant looking skin.

on 8/10/2016 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Shiseido's 'Sheer and Perfect' foundation is one of the best I have ever tried! Its coverage is medium to high and its texture is really lightweight,which means that you can easily build it up without looking cakey. It is also very long-lasting and suits oily skin. It gives your skin a flawless look and not at all fake! The product also does not smell at all which is definitely a huge bonus!

I love this product! I have oily / combination skin and for me this is perfect. It is so light, you can't feel you are wearing it no matter how much you wear. I usually use a very thick layer of it, but put it all on at once, because it's difficult to build up. I think the coverage is light, unless you use tons of it, but no matter how much you put on it just goes in one with the skin and the skins texture and makes your skin look flawless. I can imagine that someone with dry skin wouldn't have the same effect if the person has dry skin /flakes. I have bought this item 3 times and I always end up using it all. I have accidentally bought it in a too dark color once, but I still love it. Personally I've never had any foundation as good as this one. I think it's very important that you don't have dry spots, this product probably is better on people with normal/oily skin with no flakes or dry areas

on 4/26/2016 7:23:00 AM

Although the shade O20 was a nearly perfect match for my Chanel B10 / NC15 skin,
the foundation turned out to be a disaster.
I purchased it because Shiseido products never disappointed me before (I use their blotting paper religiously). The texture is runny, the scent practically nonexistent. As for the effect on skin: it’s sheer, lightweight and evens out the skin tone. But... after about a week of use this foundation broke me out like nothing else before (OK, maybe except too much chocolate)! I got a serious case of cystic acne, the first two days I wasn’t sure about the cause, but when I put away other suspicious products the cause became obvious. I came back to my previous foundation (Clarins Ever Matte) and my skin SLOWLY improved. I still have no idea which ingredient caused this bad reaction. Not recommended.

on 4/24/2016 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have been using this foundation for about 8 months and I love that it matches my skin very well, which is pretty lucky because I use the shade D30 and not all of their other foundations go that deep in color range. I never really thought about how small the bottle is until some other reviews pointed it out but it is the standard 1 oz. I agree that the packaging can get a bit messy from the squeezey / dropper top but I think that it is very easy to control the amount of product I want on the brush and one bottle will last me around 4 months.

Since I have oily skin, I wear a primer and I also use the Shiseido translucent powder.
I would like if the finish of the foundation alone was more matte, but I use the powder and sometimes a setting spray anyways.

I am one of those people who is determined to get the last drop out of everything they buy whether it be foundation or the cheese packet from the Velveeta shells! I decided to cut open the bottle when it was running low and I found some of the product left at the bottom. At the time I had already purchased a new bottle but I had to make sure I got all of the foundation out of the first.

This foundation has a very light feel, I don't need much coverage, so using a sheer foundation that I can build when I want to works well for me. In general, I've had a good experience with Shiseido.

on 2/7/2016 10:21:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Pros:
+ This foundation looks beautiful when first put on, which is why I pulled the $35 trigger on that tiny bottle.
+ Very lightweight feel and slightly dewy finish.

Cons:
- The packaging isn't great - I've noticed over time that dried foundation ends up on the inside of the cap, which is a shame when you already have so little product!
- Because it is so sheer, I end up applying a lot more than I intend to. Not a super great product for people with hyperpigmentation, redness, and other spots that need covering.
- It dried me out and made me flake like crazy after 6 months of use. I ultimately switched to a different product, and won't be repurchasing.

on 12/8/2015 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

A beautiful, natural looking foundation. As you can tell from the name, this is a sheer to medium coverage foundation so it might not be what you're looking for if you want to cover up obvious spots, but it does help with redness and evening out your skintone. The finish is satiny and natural, and the color match is pretty great for me at least. It feels very comfortable and light and the texture is pretty watery. It is not a long wearing foundation; I'd give it about 5 hours max wear time. It doesn't break me out, irritate my skin, dry me out, or make me greasy. I would highly recommend it for someone who just wants to even out their skin tone and wants a natural satin finish.

on 10/13/2015 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have been usindg this product for about a year now (060 in summer and 040 in winter) LOVE IT! i had mild acne and it completely cleared it out! feels like im not wearing much- the only thing is sometimes i feel it looks a bit dull / too powdery! other than that love it!