Shiseido Sheer and Perfect

Shiseido  Sheer and Perfect

3.9

Active: OCTINOXATE 2.9% TITANIUM DIOXIDE 5.2% Inactive: WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOMETHICONE, SD ALCOHOL 40-B, NYLON-12, GLYCERIN, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, DIPHENYLSILOXY PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIETHYLHEXYL SUCCINATE, POLYGLYCERYL-2 DIISOSTEARATE, ERYTHRITOL, XYLITOL, GLYCYL GLYCINE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM HYALURONATE, PAEONIA ALBIFLORA ROOT EXTRACT, PEG/PPG-36/41 DIMETHYL ETHER, ZINGIBER AROMATICUS EXTRACT, DIMETHICONE/PEG-10/15 CROSSPOLYMER, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, ALUMINUM DISTEARATE, DISODIUM EDTA, ALUMINA, POLYSILICONE-2, SODIUM CITRATE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, BHT, ALCOHOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TOCOPHEROL, CITRIC ACID, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, BARIUM SULFATE, SODIUM METABISULFITE, METHICONE, TETRADECENE, DIPENTAERYTHRITYL HEXAHYDROXYSTEARATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, BENZOIC ACID, FRAGRANCE, IRON OXIDES, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA

I love this product! I have oily / combination skin and for me this is perfect. It is so light, you can't feel you are wearing it no matter how much you wear. I usually use a very thick layer of it, but put it all on at once, because it's difficult to build up. I think the coverage is light, unless you use tons of it, but no matter how much you put on it just goes in one with the skin and the skins texture and makes your skin look flawless. I can imagine that someone with dry skin wouldn't have the same effect if the person has dry skin /flakes. I have bought this item 3 times and I always end up using it all. I have accidentally bought it in a too dark color once, but I still love it. Personally I've never had any foundation as good as this one. I think it's very important that you don't have dry spots, this product probably is better on people with normal/oily skin with no flakes or dry areas

on 4/26/2016 7:23:00 AM

Although the shade O20 was a nearly perfect match for my Chanel B10 / NC15 skin,
the foundation turned out to be a disaster.
I purchased it because Shiseido products never disappointed me before (I use their blotting paper religiously). The texture is runny, the scent practically nonexistent. As for the effect on skin: it’s sheer, lightweight and evens out the skin tone. But... after about a week of use this foundation broke me out like nothing else before (OK, maybe except too much chocolate)! I got a serious case of cystic acne, the first two days I wasn’t sure about the cause, but when I put away other suspicious products the cause became obvious. I came back to my previous foundation (Clarins Ever Matte) and my skin SLOWLY improved. I still have no idea which ingredient caused this bad reaction. Not recommended.

To Read all 43 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/24/2016 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I have been using this foundation for about 8 months and I love that it matches my skin very well, which is pretty lucky because I use the shade D30 and not all of their other foundations go that deep in color range. I never really thought about how small the bottle is until some other reviews pointed it out but it is the standard 1 oz. I agree that the packaging can get a bit messy from the squeezey / dropper top but I think that it is very easy to control the amount of product I want on the brush and one bottle will last me around 4 months.

Since I have oily skin, I wear a primer and I also use the Shiseido translucent powder.
I would like if the finish of the foundation alone was more matte, but I use the powder and sometimes a setting spray anyways.

I am one of those people who is determined to get the last drop out of everything they buy whether it be foundation or the cheese packet from the Velveeta shells! I decided to cut open the bottle when it was running low and I found some of the product left at the bottom. At the time I had already purchased a new bottle but I had to make sure I got all of the foundation out of the first.

This foundation has a very light feel, I don't need much coverage, so using a sheer foundation that I can build when I want to works well for me. In general, I've had a good experience with Shiseido.

on 2/7/2016 10:21:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Pros:
+ This foundation looks beautiful when first put on, which is why I pulled the $35 trigger on that tiny bottle.
+ Very lightweight feel and slightly dewy finish.

Cons:
- The packaging isn't great - I've noticed over time that dried foundation ends up on the inside of the cap, which is a shame when you already have so little product!
- Because it is so sheer, I end up applying a lot more than I intend to. Not a super great product for people with hyperpigmentation, redness, and other spots that need covering.
- It dried me out and made me flake like crazy after 6 months of use. I ultimately switched to a different product, and won't be repurchasing.

on 12/8/2015 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

A beautiful, natural looking foundation. As you can tell from the name, this is a sheer to medium coverage foundation so it might not be what you're looking for if you want to cover up obvious spots, but it does help with redness and evening out your skintone. The finish is satiny and natural, and the color match is pretty great for me at least. It feels very comfortable and light and the texture is pretty watery. It is not a long wearing foundation; I'd give it about 5 hours max wear time. It doesn't break me out, irritate my skin, dry me out, or make me greasy. I would highly recommend it for someone who just wants to even out their skin tone and wants a natural satin finish.

on 10/13/2015 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have been usindg this product for about a year now (060 in summer and 040 in winter) LOVE IT! i had mild acne and it completely cleared it out! feels like im not wearing much- the only thing is sometimes i feel it looks a bit dull / too powdery! other than that love it!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Fell absolutely in love with this foundation after getting my make up done at a Shiseido counter.
PROS:
Great colour matches for my very pale, but olive toned, skin.
Very light weight, but good coverage - I don't have many texture issues with my skin, but I do have a lot of redness and some discolouration and this corrects that well.
Compact packaging - I love that it takes up so little space even though it contains the usual amount of product.
Doesn't irritate my sensitive dry skin.
Lasts well and fades evenly.

CONS:
If you want full coverage this isn't the right product - you need a lot and it can get a bit cakey.
The seal on the cap isn't great, it doesn't leak but it gets very messy inside which is a waste of product.
There isn't a wide range of shades.

on 8/8/2015 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

When I first bought this foundation I was very impressed. It felt light on my skin and was easy to blend in. Before this I used Rimmel match perfection which felt greasy on my skin and enhanced dry spots and pimples. This doesn't cover redness but looks natural if I use a concealer after applying the foundation, and for the first month I loved it. But after some time it started to settled into my pores, lines etc, it made my forehead look oily and oxidized almost instantly. I had to use so much product and ended up using half a bottle in no time, and considering how expensive it is, I hated having to use so much every time. After another month my skin started breaking out so badly and it never felt clean. After going through 3/4 of the product I stopped using it and switched to a loose mineral foundation and after 2 weeks my skin cleared up. I don't get any pimples or dry spots anymore, and since I haven't changes my skincare routine, I think it was the foundation that made my skin so bad. It's a shame as I really loved it at first, and I think it would be better for someone with normal skin who just wants light coverage because it does look really natural when you use very little product. I just needed more as I both had acne, scars, enlarged pores etc while using this, so if you are not prone to acne and dry or oily skin, maybe it would fit you. However I'm sure there's many other foundations out there that will give you a better result and that doesn't cost 30-40 $. One good thing about it is that the lightest shade "Very light ivory" matched me better than any other foundation, which is why I bought it in the first place. Would not recommend it though.

on 6/27/2015 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I would say, initially I was really impressed by the foundation (at that time my skin did not have any acne). But during summer I got pimples and it just enhanced the dryness around the areas where I had pimples although I applied above illuminating primer. overall good for flawless skin due to natural finish, but not good for skin with pimple marks.

Doesn't feel sheer or perfect to me. The finish is quite powdery and makes my face a bit mask-like. Yet it did camouflage the cheek redness quite well. Would better suit the skin on a drier side as the longevity was not great on my combination skin.
Shade 120 was not a perfect match for my NC20-25 skin. Looked slightly pinkish on me.