Clean & Clear Morning Burst Hydrating Facial Cleanser

Clean & Clear Morning Burst Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Morning Burst Hydrating Facial Cleanser

3.3

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Mannitol, Propylene Glycol, Cellulose, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Ethylparaben, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Mica, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Triethyl Citrate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Titanium Dioxide, Talc, Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer

I'll tell you this, I have never before been allergic to any sort of face wash. I've used products made especially to fight acne and never has anything happened to my face. Well this time when I woke up the next morning I came to find my face excruciatingly itchy. My eyelids felt heavy and I knew something was wrong. When I looked in the mirror I came to see my whole face a horrible shade of red and hundreds of bumps all over my face, more specifically on my T zone which is where I wash extra long whenever I wash my face. The bumps were small and hard and looked as if I dunked my whole face in gritty sand. Too be honest I looked like a strawberry, with these sesame sized bumps all over my face and my face red and swollen. My eyes were so puffed up I was scared to even cry because I wasn't sure if the tears would come out. It took all my willpower not to scratch at my face and as time went on the itchiness and redness reached the back of my neck and my ears. This reaction lasted at least four days and I had to get a shot from a dermatologist to help the effects go away. After that I was terrified to put anything on my face. Never again will I use this product and maybe it was just my face that happened to react this way but I would advice anyone with sensitive skin to test it on a small patch of skin before using it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I feel like skincare is very subjective, because different people's skin reacts differently. However, when it comes to this cleanser, I feel like there is just no person who would really benefit from using it.

I have quite oily skin in my T-zone, and my cheeks go more toward the normal end of the spectrum. And yet, this tried my T-zone out. My skin felt tight and itchy and stripped of all of the good oils. And this is supposed to be "hydrating"? No. That's not a thing. I don't even want to know what the non-"hydrating" version of this cleanser does, and I feel sorry for people with dry skin who might have bought this thinking it would hydrate their skin.

There is but one redeeming quality: it has a very good and refreshing morning scent.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just tried this & love it as a Body Wash! I bought Bath & Body Works' Cucumber Melon Body Cream & Splash @ their Semi-Annual Sale but was disappointed by how weak-smelling their body wash in the same scent was. I went to WalMart & found another Body Wash in Cucumber Melon by Softsoap but it also lacked fragrance strength. I cruised down to Clean & Clear's display & was blown away by how good this Cleanser smelled! It's really sweet & strong! I already liked the matching Morning Burst Hydrating Gel, so now I have a whole suite of yummy melon & cucumber scented products! Anyway, as a body wash, this rocks! It's 8oz. & had a $1 off coupon to make it $4.47, not bad at all. I use just 2 or 3 pumps on my pouf & it lathers nicely. The beads do burst! I'm left moisturized & fresh, just how I want to be. I am glad they still offer this b/c it's Not New & Clean & Clear products sometimes get Discontinued &/or very hard to locate. Also, the scent lingers w/or w/out using similarly fragranced products after. I've paid more for washes that smelled fantastic in the shower/tub but faded quickly.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love the packaging and the color, it's cute. It smells good, more like a fresh summer scent. It didn't really dry out my skin nor break me out but overall it's a good cleanser for every day use if you have normal skin .

on 12/27/2014 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

had an allergic reaction , broke my skin out , and it was red after using this once .
returned it ,.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have combination skin, my cheeks are normal and my T-Zone is oily. This cleanser smells absolutely fabulous and is really good at removing tough make-up. It thoroughly cleans my skin and leaves it soft and refreshed.
It can be a bit drying, so moisture afterwards is a must.
But overall I really like it.

Please stay away from this item if you have dry or combination skin. This product has really nice melon scent, but it makes my skin VERY DRY!! I was really confused at first and was trying really hard to look for good serum and moisturizer. Actually my face becomes very dry every time after I use this cleanser. Other reviews also said it makes their skin dry. So...thumb down for this one, will not purchase again.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Just so so. I wasn't thrilled with the scent. It smells very young to me. I probably would have liked this type of thing when I was in my teens.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a very lightweight cleanser compared to others I've purchased from this same brand. Its also great that the price is so affordable for those who look for cheaper options at the drugstore. That being said, I think its a good cleanser but not an outstanding one. This doesn't really lather up, which is sort of a big no no for me, because I feel cleaner when I wash with a good amount of lather (maybe that's just me). This does not leave my face feeling dry or tight afterwards; it rather feels refreshing, which is also a good thing. But then again, I have super extra oily skin, so the non dry skin feel might be due to that. The smell of this is a strong candy watermelon scent, super sweet. Its great at first but after a while it is sickening.
This is one of those products that I like but I don't love.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Gosh, I love the smell of this one. It's just so fruity and strong, the perfect refreshing scent for my mornings.

A friend of mine actually reccomended the gel moisturizer that matches this cleanser and I ended up buying this along with it as my old cleanser was too drying. It works great and on my first use, I was definitely surprised when I was hit with the delicious scent. The bottle looks great and works fine although the pump can get clogged pretty easily.

I feel like this did a good job keeping my face clean, and ready to be moisturized. It wasn't as drying as the previous moisturizers I have used. This facial cleanser really helped out when I was going through a bit of stress and started breaking out. Within a couple days I wasn't breaking out as much anymore.

I'd definitley buy this again, however not with the Hydrating Gel Moisturizer because that barely kept my skin moisturized and I had to apply another layer of a different moisturizer.