Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick- Rush

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Rush is another one of the beautiful colors in the Revolution lipstick line. It is a nice, neutral color that I can wear any time and goes well with my fair skin. It is easy to apply and comes in a cool tube. Another plus is that my lips feel moisturized after I use it. The staying power of the product is strong. My only complaint is that I wish it did not cost $22.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Stunning shade, feels great on the lips, behaves very nicely!! I am normally NC20 (but currently tanned) and this is just such a natural, flattering shade, totally a MLBB shade, whether I am tanned or not.

I am 45 and I have to be careful bc many lip products settle into my lip lines, making my lips look 'old,' but this does not of that; in fact, it seems to make my lips look more youthful..? It also lasts a good 4 or so hours on me, which is great for a lighter shade like this. Feels a touch moisturizing, which is a nice break from this dry/matte lip 'trend'. A nice everyday color that should be fine for the office or school or to throw on for a quick trip to the grocery store or lunch with girlfriends.

Leans a tad on the cool side, so if you like warm shades or warm pinks, this is probably not for you. Probably also not a good shade for darker skin tones. I do want to pick up the lip liner to further enhance this, as I love the shade that well. This is actually the "MLBB" shade I have been on the hunt for, seemingly forever!! And to think, I almost did not swatch it at Ulta...:p :)

I put this on in Sephora, decided it was the perfect everyday pink for me, and then one of the sales girls in the next aisle asked me what I had on. Suddenly there were 3 or 4 pairs of eyes on me, all approving. Ah, Rush, she said. In a world of subtle lip colors, it's just bright enough to announce itself, but still sit back on my face and look natural - well, it does look like I have on lipstick, but that's the point. It's just great, and I do wear it every day. It got a little soft when I left it in my hot car, so I keep it in my purse. I didn't notice a matching lip liner but just read a review so that will be my next purchase. I'd buy this again in a heartbeat. It may be my all time favorite lip color.

I am in love with this lipstick! Buttery and incredibly pigmented. This lipstick is so moisturizing and long lasting. It stains my lips a nice even color for hours unlike some lipsticks that leave an awful patchy stain. It's a great neutral color for everyday and looks lovely on my light cool skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is rich, buttery, pigmented -- the the best shade I think I've ever found for my very fair neutral skin tone. I wear it with Jordana liner in rockin rose and it looks more brown; with NYX's mauve liner it's more pink. Perfect for work, perfect go-to shade.

The problem for me, though, is the lasting power, which is minimal. I have to reapply every two to three hours. Maybe that's decent for a neutral, on-the-lighter-side color; but that's hard to do in my profession when I am absorbed in other matters. I also get a weird film on the inside of my lip that I have to scrape off (Hope that TMI was helpful to someone).

Would I repurchase? That's tough because I love the shade, but I think the formula is only slightly above average.

I just bought this shade and its gorgeous. I have a hard time finding neutrals that don't wash me out. This one fits the bill for me. I also own fiend, a gorgeous neutral pink, and rapture. Rapture is a muted rose-plum on me that is also very wearable everyday.

Wow, this lipstick has almost all 5-lippie reviews. And I get it, I really do. For reference, I have olive skin that tans easily but looks better in cooler shades in the fall and winter. The consequence is I have a hard time finding neutral lipsticks (with a good formula) that don't wash me out. UD's Rush isn't a true nude on me, but a flattering, soft rosy brown. Or browny rose. Whatever. Rush goes on creamy opaque in one coat, but the kind of creamy opaque that STAYS instead of slipping around all over your face. The formula adheres to your lips (but a liner definitely helps), wears well (you'll get a few hours out of this, but it does transfer with food and drink), and doesn't flake/cake/get crusty. Smooths over lip lines instead of settling in them. It's a workhorse!

For anyone else with my similar skintone/issues, the best true matte nudes I've found have been MAC Faux and (wait for it) the Burt's Bees lip crayon in Sedona Sands. But - back to Rush...it's crazy good!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My 2nd favourite lipstick in my collection next to Urban Decays "naked". I tend to go for natural looking lips but when I want just a little bit of colour I grab Rush. I own 4 Urban Decay Revolution lipsticks and I love them all. They don't last as long as some others, 2 hours max if I don't eat or drink anything but it's worth it for the colours and the matte finish that isn't drying. Paired with urban decays 24/7 lip pencil, these easily last 3-4 hours.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love this lipstick. It's a pretty rosey shade.

Love this shade for daytime wear at work Creamy and hydrating it last about 4 hours but wears off evenly on me After using it for a week I bought another one to have as spare Would recommend this shade for blondes (I'm one) as well as brunettes Natural looking shade and very flattering without looking "all done up" Go buy it... You'll love it too