Dior Airflash CC Primer

No Image

2.5

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don't get the harsh reviews on this. I simply don't. I have sensitive skin, so air flash is pretty much the only foundation my skin can tolerate. The primer is nice. I only gave it 4 lippies because it's so darn expensive.

I put my makeup on 12 hours ago and it's still put. It also, paired with air flash foundation, give a nice glow. Together they really mimic the look of real skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Hello biggest makeup splurge in my life. I definitely think that is in a really interesting product. Think about it, you can shake the can and then spray your primer right on without getting your hands dirty and carry on with your routine. This is the CC Primer and it says that it provided a boost of radiance, color correcting and it is also a primer. I agree with the primer part of it and somewhat with the radiance boosting. I didn't much color correcting either.
I don't use this all the time because I do want it to last me a while since it is expensive and a luxury item. I do think it made my makeup last a really good time and even through tons of sweating and dancing, my foundation looked amazing and had barely faded at all. It was amazing! Also my skin usually looks flakey when I apply my foundation after I apply any other primer but when I use this I have no flakes at all! It is heaven for me!
You do need to be careful though, one time I got the primer on my lips and I could taste the primer on my lips until I wiped my lips off and it did not taste good at all, so fair warning. Also when you shake it up it sounds like a can of spray paint and it can be really loud, so if you are doing your makeup really early in the morning (like I am sometimes) you might wake up someone who is sleeping.
I don't think it is a must have product, it is definitely one that I splurged on as a present for myself. But if you love Dior and also their Airflash products, then try it out. It is pricey but I think it has been fun using it so far and it makes me feel amazing when I use it.

on 8/15/2014 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Hated it !!!
Its like spraying highlight all over.
Return for refund.

I listened to the advice of the lady on Dior and purchased this without really testing it first - what a mistake. This is seriously one of the worst things I've ever bought it just does nothing. That is no priming, no colour correcting, no radiance boosting - absolutely zero difference. I have been frantically searching for my receipt to return it, and even without it I think I'll go back just to let them know I'm so annoyed at paying £30 for the worst product ever. I'm going to stop buying Dior as I can't remember the last time I purchased anything decent from them.

on 12/14/2013 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

In short, I don't love this one. I don't feel like it's doing anything for me. I go into greater detail in the video below if you're interested. :)

continued >>

on 11/17/2013 10:39:00 AM

Obsessed with this product!! I use it as a primer and a setting spray. It's a quick and easy primer that gives my skin a nice glow and eases my foundation application. As a setting spray, it takes down the powdery look and again gives the skin a really pretty glow without looking oily. The only downside is the price, but that's Dior for you I guess... I'm hooked though, would still re-purchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Well, we will see how long the can lasts on this. How I use it is I spray this onto a foundation brush and then I press it on to my face. I start in the middle where the large pores are, and I work it in to my skin by pressing my brush with a rolling motion. I don't do more than two sprays. Then, I follow up with foundation. I like it so far. It has a little bit of shimmer (that is probably a strong word) that is very subtle and probably does help minimize imperfections. One of these days, I will try it on just one side of my face and put foundation on my whole face and see if it holds up better and if my pores are minimized. But, for now, I really like it.

This is a gimmick. I love all the other Dior products but this did nothing for me.

on 9/16/2013 1:18:00 PM

At first I wasn't sure about this primer, but it has grown on me. I don't spray it on my face because it is quite messy. I spray it into my hands and pat it on. It's not like most primers that minimize pores, but it gives a nice brightening glow that radiates through your foundation. It's not oily or greasy.
The price is high at $48, but that didn't stop me as long as it worked. I wish it wasn't a spray, but will buy again.

I bought this on a recommendation of a youtuber I like to watch and thought huh? Am I using this wrong? I saw no difference in my skin texture, tone or foundation longevity. The hefty price tag 69$ is not justifiable at all. At that price point I expected something visible. It didn't give me a white cast but also didn't make a difference. Back it goes.

Reference: NC15-20, Chanel .5/1.0 tone