Etude House Real Art Cleansing Oil Moisture

Etude House Real Art Cleansing Oil Moisture

4.6

PEG-20 GLYCERYL TRIISOSTEARATE, TRIETHYLHEXANOIN, CETYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAETHYLHEXANOATE, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, ISOSTEARIC ACID, ORBIGNYA OLEIFERA SEED OIL, ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL, FRAGRANCE

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

got this from sample
it's nice
doesn't irritate my eyes, good to clean my eyes area

but i think i will keep using my vco oil to clean my eye makeup

on 10/1/2017 7:43:00 AM

Tried a mini sample and this was just so good . No irritation , not drying or too oily and has this lovely scent. Not too oily and does dissolve all makeup

i freaking love this cleansing oil. i've used DHC and amorepacific in the past and i love this cleansing oil. i got it as a sample in one of my 3B boxes (an asian birchbox or ipsy that i recommend). it's really good for dry skin and isn't too watery. i use it in my double cleansing process before a foam cleanser (i rotate my foam cleansers). it's so good!!!

I really liked this stuff.

It has a nice texture, removes all kinds of makeup and is easily washable with water.

It's my first cleansing oil, though. So I can't really compare it to any other.

on 1/17/2017 6:20:00 PM

I am sitting on the fence for this one, with fancl, Innesfree , shu uemura sitting next to this in my bathroom.

This is cheap. Same as innesfree. The cleansing power is meh, just like shu. So I should forget this since innesfree and fancl have better cleansing power ( I wear water resist sunscreen everyday ). But innesfree will oxidize quickly ( with that oxidize oil smell) and fancl is getting expensive if not buying in Japan.

I will try perfect clean version as suggested by previous reviewer and decide .

If money is not a concern, will stick with fancl or ipsa. Great cleansing power cleansing oil.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i've used samples of this and it's really good! would love to try again - doesn't dry out my face, works fairly well - does sting a little when it gets in the eyes, though. there's also a fragrance.

on 9/6/2015 5:55:00 PM

This is an awesome cleansing oil that is effective and well packaged. There is nothing to fault about this, emulsifies well, gets everything off and is so much cheaper than named brands. The bottle is sturdy and 2 pumps gives perfect amount. I highly recommend this, its a high quality cleansing without the price tag. This is on the thicker side but spreads well, much better than western brands, after all it was the Koreans that invented this category. If I'm dry I don't follow up but its weather is hot or i'm acne prone, I will follow up with something else, but its not necessary. Give this a go, I've actually kept the bottle since I use it for other flimsy packaged stuff. I found this to be cheapest on eBay.

on 9/8/2015 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

UPDATE: how to MAKE your own cleansing oil:
Mix a base oil: grape, jojoba, almond, or any other non-commedgenic oil with polysorbate 80 in a 9:1 ratio (10% polysorbate 80, 90% base oil). If you want to, you can add A FEW drops of some kind of essential oil, but don't overdo it. The polysorbate 80 is what makes the oil emulsify with water. Always follow up with a foaming wash.
END OF UPDATE

I think this is one of the best cleansing oils for the price, that I have had. One bottle lasted me for over 4 months, which I consider pretty good! Sometimes I cleansed my makeup off several times a day though, so I can see this lasting about a month more if you don't do that. I tried the Moisturizing oil, but also just bought the Perfect Cleansing one - will see if it's better. ***Update: the Perfect Cleansing one seems to be a little thinner, but also washes off more clean - there is some kind of 'Moisturizing residue' left after the Moisturizing type. Perfect Cleansing also seems to clean slightly better, but I wear very long-lasting makeup, so not everyone might need that. BTW: I bought the Moisturizing one on ebay, and the Perfect Cleansing from roseroseshop.com - a long-trusted seller that earlier sold things through ebay. End of update***

This manages to get even my water-proof makeup off, like MAC Pro-Longwear foundation, Estee Lauder Double-Wear, waterproof mascara, waterproof eyeliner (Artdeco Waterproof Pencil - a though one!), any lipstick type and consistency (haven't tried it on stains though, as my lips have been dry for some time). I always double-cleanse,so I wash this oil off with a mild foaming cleanser. I have not gotten larger pores or more black- or whiteheads while using this. I have sensitive skin, and this oil doesn't bother it the slightest

Other oils I've had are:

- Shu Uemura Ultim8 - did not like, because it didn't clean well enough, even though I cleansed it off with a foaming cleanser. My pores got clogged over time, especially when I didn't double cleanse

- L'Oreal Miracle Cleansing Oil - weak, and didn't remove my makeup properly

- Babor Hy Ol - the best oil effect-wise, but too expensive to ship to where I live, and isn't THAT special without the "oil dissolver" that comes with it. So, overall: expensive

- Garnier Micellar Water: did nothing to remove my water-proof makeup, and my sensitive skin can't handle to be scrubbed with cotton-balls

- L'Oreal Demaq Expert Elixir: great for non-waterproof makeup, but can be used up a little too fast IMO. Absolutely loved it when I was younger and didn't wear all-waterproof makeup. It has a quite strong smell though, so skip this if you're not OK with a lot of perfume

on 7/18/2015 9:31:00 PM

This is my first attempt at cleansing oils, so I don't have any base for comparison, but I LOVED it!
It's a great makeup remover, it even removed waterproof eyeliners and water resistant mascaras with easy, although I wouldn't rely solely on it to remove really waterproof mascaras, just because I prefer to use as little rubbing as possible in the eye area.
I can take my time massaging my skin and it doesn't get sticky or tug my skin, feels really gentle and moisturising and once I start rinsing it off, it goes off like soap, doesn't leave any oil residue or squeacky dry feeling. It's magic!
And the price is lovely too!

on 10/11/2015 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

One of the better cleansing oils for the price. It's quite thick and makes for a nice massage when applied to dry skin. Just add a little bit of water and it emulsifies to a really generous lather. My biggest issue is rinsing. It takes a lot of work and even with a wash cloth I'd have to spend a lot of time and splashes, which resulted in me rubbing my skin a lot more than I'd like. That's really the only reason I haven't repurchased.

There is a tonne of product and lasts about 6 months using a pump each night. The pump is convenient and comes with a little stopper clip which makes it spillproof for travelling. As with all Etude packaging, the design is fun and I enjoy the concept. This product definitely requires a two-step cleanse and a bit of elbow grease, so if your skin isn't too sensitive and you've got a gentle cleanser that's good for removing oil to use after, I'd recommend it for all skin types. I gave the last third of the bottle to my friend with acne and she loves it as it's helped clear her skin up and leaves it hydrated and glowy.