3.6

price range

Reviews

2.0

3 years ago

I've purchased the entire Hydrating line for my 30-day all natural hair care challenge, where I used only these three products, no heat styling, no masks of any variety and I even put my pre-shampoo oiling regimen on hold, in order to be as accurate as possible with forming my opinion on this product. Glowing reviews online could make you believe that these are the only three hair products you will need for the rest of your life. I have fine, long European hair, natural blonde, uncoloured, lightly layered. I started using Calia products on Dec 1, 2016, seeking relief for dry, itchy scalp, split ends, and straw-like texture caused by dry indoor air. I achieved zero success with the aforementioned problems, however I must mention that this shampoo reduced hair fall drastically, as well as healed cystic acne caused by biotin shampoo I was using prior to switching to Calia. Aside from calming lavender scent, gentle lather and squeaky-clean feeling, this shampoo leaves a lot to be desired, as hair turns out coated in waxy residue that makes it stiff, sticky and very flaky, so even if you don't have dandruff now, you may confuse it for such. Or maybe it was even more dandruff, it's hard to say, but the flakes were unusually large and my scalp was coated with thick residue that could only be compared to day old dry shampoo "leftovers". I heard that all-natural shampoos often behave this way in hard water; unfortunately even the apple cider vinegar rinses have been rendered powerless against the flakiness of my new friend. I normally wash my hair every other day, and it's worth to mention that I retained good hair volume despite the residue. My experiment concluded with hair drier than before, matte, brittle and tangle-prone. I ran out of shampoo and conditioner at the same time, but the leave-in is still halfway full. Overall, I would not recommend this shampoo for those who seek hydration. It would be best suitable for pre-teens who wish to control sebum, as well as for people with synthetic fragrance sensitivity and those with coarser hair structure, such as Asian, Mediterranean or Middle Eastern. Hair prone to breakage such as African and European is best to tread lightly.

About reviewer (89 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

4 years ago

I like this shampoo, it is really gentle on the scalp but maybe it is a bit too moisturising as my scalp still feels a bit oily. But maybe that's a good thing because it doesn't contain the nasties. I'll experiment more and see if I can make it work because it really is nice. As I mentioned in the conditioner review, I wish that the company would disclose all the ingredients because I don't believe that this product can just be oils, extracts and liquids. That is actually impossible.

About reviewer (202 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

EyesBrown

5 years ago

This brand and shampoo are both incredible. I made the switch with all of my skincare and haircare to products with no chemicals, salts or alcohols and my hair (and skin) has never been in better condition. This product is made with all natural oils and essential oils. It lathers well and rinses clean. I added 20 drops of rosemary essential oil to it to increase my hair growth.There are a growing number of natural options available in Whole Foods and the like, but this is still my absolute first choice. I've ordered from this company twice. The shipping is a bit slow since it is coming from Canada and has to clear customs, but it is worth the wait.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

2.0

5 years ago

I really wanted to like this product because the ingredients are great - all natural. The first time I tried it, I noticed two things: when my hair was dry there was residue in it from the shampoo and while washing, I was losing hair like crazy. I thought it might be the hard water so I tried using filtered water. This helped with the residue and helped it to lather better. But I was still losing a lot of hair. My hair feels very clean after, and is less tangled but because of the hair loss, I will not be repurchasing. Wish I didn't shed because its a nice product.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBlond

EyesBlue

from

6 years ago

This was the product I chose as an organic alternative to drugstore shampoo and conditioner. It is gentle to my wavy tousled hair and as a result it is now soft and silky all the time. The delicate, natural scent is quite pleasant and comforting. The shampoo is gentle, yet effective; it cleans without having to strip my hair causing it to feel dry. The conditioner instantly untangles and softens my hair leaving it feel very hydrated. These are the most amazing products I have ever used for my hair and I am truly thankful for the this shampoo and conditioner. Since using it, I have received many compliments on how my hair looks so healthy and soft. The company (Calia) supports earth & body-friendly organic products primarily for in the shower/bath as well as pure essential oils. Definitely worth looking in to if you are interested in purely natural alternatives~

About reviewer (35 reviews)

Age19-24