Estee Lauder Modern Muse

Estee Lauder Modern Muse

3.0

I received a spray sample of Modern Muse and used it a couple of times before throwing it away. Modern Muse is one of those perfumes that remind me how differently scents change from person to person. Modern Muse smelled very funky on me, like I had just completed a vigorous workout in clothes I'd been wearing for three days. But, that was just me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Adore this light, clean floral fragrance. A bit pricy, $75 a bottle. Plus, the bottle is boring and much too plain for such a sophisticated fragrance. Great for every day wear, stays on for days if sprayed on a jacket or jeans. Makes me feel very pretty and feminine, not over bearing or dated. Will repurchase and would love a more attractive packaging.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I liked it well enough at first, but the dry-down was bad. It smelled like old sweaty clothes. I was using a sample, but the packaging of the full-size is unappealing.

on 11/7/2016 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This reminds me a bit of Narciso Rodriguez for her. It starts out promising enough, but the dry down was not that nice or elegant. It reminded me of musty clothes that you've kept in a garbage bag, or in the back of a closet. I like the Chic version of this scent the most, this one is kind of blah and the dry down isn't that nice.

on 12/29/2015 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Modern Muse is what I pull out when I don't want ton offend anybody, take that for what you will. It smells like everybody and everything else and your mom probably has if. Enough said. It's nice, it's versatile, it's what I use when I don't want to think.

I HATE THE PACKAGE. Could they have picked something less modern for their perfume that's aimed at younger women? God, that cap. It's like some weird Elizabeth Arden red door cast off and I don't think I'll buy it ever. I got this when I bought my Double Wear, ps. So each-I'll use it and forget it, but probably buy it for my mom. That sums this fragrance up!

on 9/1/2016 5:34:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Wouldn't purchase but sampled at the estee counter a few times and honestly don't remember the smell so that means that it wasn't memorable because if a fragrance is good it stays on my mind until I buy it or I'll buy it when I smell it but that day I ended up getting Clinique happy heart instead and returned that after a while too it's good but doesn't last.

on 10/22/2015 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got 2 pretty generous samples of this from Sephora. I don't like it at all. I don't like the packaging and I don't like the scent of it all. It doesn't actually smell bad but it smells kinda simple and childish. I remember when I was a kid my mom used to put on my hair a kids cologne that smelled pretty similar to this. I'm not an expert on describing notes so I'm just so gonna say how I feel about this Perfume. First of all it's very light, I mean really light ! You can barely smell it even when you first put it on, it doesn't stay on my skin more than an hour and it doesn't project at all ! It is barely noticeable to others . When you first put it on it smells fresh and green but in a sweetish way and after a few minutes becomes more flowery and slightly powdery . It's the most light and discreet perfume I've ever smelled ,even the CK1 which is an EDT and not an EDP like this one smells 10 times stronger . The overall feeling that I get from this perfume as I said earlier is very simple and very childish . I can't see any woman who considers her self a muse as the name suggests wearing this perfume , the scent is not even feminine its 100% unisex it' just smells VERY Discretely clean and fresh

on 12/26/2015 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My main reason for getting this was that it reminds me so much of the floral scents of my childhood in the deep south - honeysuckle bushes and wild jasmine. I see some reviewers calling it sugary or something like that, but it’s nothing of the sort to my nose. I find it to be fresh, earth, and floral. A very comforting smell and true to its floral and woodsy descriptions. Feels like summer, but in an original way.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Modern Muse smells like a sugar mill to me. I've been to a sugar mill so would know the unforgettable smell. Its not sweet if that's what you're thinking. A sugar mill smells more like molasses which is not a sweet smell.
Today I'm wearing Modern Muse (a tiny trial size) and realize it smells a lot like Avon Aspire essence.

on 12/29/2015 12:51:00 PM

LOVE THIS!!
it smells amazing, it's very heavy which I like anyways, i'd stay away if you get headaches with perfumes. my friend foud this way to strong and it gave her a headache. it's a summery night out kind of fragrance but i'll wear it all year round. it lasts a very long time 8+ hours. four of my friends have used this on themselves and it smelt just as good on them as it did on me, so I think it works on most people. I will never go without this perfume.

Popular Fragrances