Estee Lauder Modern Muse

3.0

on 1/26/2018 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Modern muse has been among my top ten favorites since the first day I tested it and I still love it.I usually forget about it in fall and winter,when I go for heavy and sweet gourmands or oriental vanillas but each year,it has been my most-used fragrance in spring and summer
If you're into musky-florals you have to try this beauty.I LOVE honeysuckle and modern muse has such a gorgeous floral scent;honeysuckle shines through this white floral bouquet.I can't get enough of this lily,honeysuckle,Jasmine heaven but modern muse isn't just about white florals.it has one of the best musks one can experience in a fragrance.not a dirty,funky musk;not a sharp and soapy one either.
Modern muse is clean and fresh while being sexy.it's truely ageless,feminine,classy.it's inoffensive but also has it's own personality and this makes it easy to use in several different occasions.from work place to a romantic date.from a fancy dinner to a casual shopping day.it can make a great signature perfume
Longevity is amazing on my skin.it's easily noticeable by anyone around without punching them in face
I'm not fond of it's packaging but I don't dislike it.It's one of the rare perfumes I will repurchase all through my life

This does not last!! I inherited a tube of lotion & I love how it smells—creamy musky white floral. I deducted 1 lippie for v poor staying power but the frag itself is beautiful. You could wear this to work or in a place where ur perfume Needs to stay discreet. I can’t imagine too Many finding this offensive. It screams “soccer mum” high end brand new model mini van owner husband, 2.4 kids & a golden retriever. Totally inoffensive . I wish it lasted more than 2 seconds!

I received a spray sample of Modern Muse and used it a couple of times before throwing it away. Modern Muse is one of those perfumes that remind me how differently scents change from person to person. Modern Muse smelled very funky on me, like I had just completed a vigorous workout in clothes I'd been wearing for three days. But, that was just me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Adore this light, clean floral fragrance. A bit pricy, $75 a bottle. Plus, the bottle is boring and much too plain for such a sophisticated fragrance. Great for every day wear, stays on for days if sprayed on a jacket or jeans. Makes me feel very pretty and feminine, not over bearing or dated. Will repurchase and would love a more attractive packaging.

on 11/7/2016 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This reminds me a bit of Narciso Rodriguez for her. It starts out promising enough, but the dry down was not that nice or elegant. It reminded me of musty clothes that you've kept in a garbage bag, or in the back of a closet. I like the Chic version of this scent the most, this one is kind of blah and the dry down isn't that nice.

on 9/1/2016 5:34:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Wouldn't purchase but sampled at the estee counter a few times and honestly don't remember the smell so that means that it wasn't memorable because if a fragrance is good it stays on my mind until I buy it or I'll buy it when I smell it but that day I ended up getting Clinique happy heart instead and returned that after a while too it's good but doesn't last.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I liked it well enough at first, but the dry-down was bad. It smelled like old sweaty clothes. I was using a sample, but the packaging of the full-size is unappealing.

on 12/29/2015 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Modern Muse is what I pull out when I don't want ton offend anybody, take that for what you will. It smells like everybody and everything else and your mom probably has if. Enough said. It's nice, it's versatile, it's what I use when I don't want to think.

I HATE THE PACKAGE. Could they have picked something less modern for their perfume that's aimed at younger women? God, that cap. It's like some weird Elizabeth Arden red door cast off and I don't think I'll buy it ever. I got this when I bought my Double Wear, ps. So each-I'll use it and forget it, but probably buy it for my mom. That sums this fragrance up!

on 12/29/2015 12:51:00 PM

LOVE THIS!!
it smells amazing, it's very heavy which I like anyways, i'd stay away if you get headaches with perfumes. my friend foud this way to strong and it gave her a headache. it's a summery night out kind of fragrance but i'll wear it all year round. it lasts a very long time 8+ hours. four of my friends have used this on themselves and it smelt just as good on them as it did on me, so I think it works on most people. I will never go without this perfume.

on 12/26/2015 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My main reason for getting this was that it reminds me so much of the floral scents of my childhood in the deep south - honeysuckle bushes and wild jasmine. I see some reviewers calling it sugary or something like that, but it’s nothing of the sort to my nose. I find it to be fresh, earth, and floral. A very comforting smell and true to its floral and woodsy descriptions. Feels like summer, but in an original way.

Popular Fragrances