Estee Lauder Modern Muse

3.1

on 12/29/2015 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Modern Muse is what I pull out when I don't want ton offend anybody, take that for what you will. It smells like everybody and everything else and your mom probably has if. Enough said. It's nice, it's versatile, it's what I use when I don't want to think.

I HATE THE PACKAGE. Could they have picked something less modern for their perfume that's aimed at younger women? God, that cap. It's like some weird Elizabeth Arden red door cast off and I don't think I'll buy it ever. I got this when I bought my Double Wear, ps. So each-I'll use it and forget it, but probably buy it for my mom. That sums this fragrance up!

on 12/29/2015 12:51:00 PM

LOVE THIS!!
it smells amazing, it's very heavy which I like anyways, i'd stay away if you get headaches with perfumes. my friend foud this way to strong and it gave her a headache. it's a summery night out kind of fragrance but i'll wear it all year round. it lasts a very long time 8+ hours. four of my friends have used this on themselves and it smelt just as good on them as it did on me, so I think it works on most people. I will never go without this perfume.

To Read all 65 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/26/2015 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My main reason for getting this was that it reminds me so much of the floral scents of my childhood in the deep south - honeysuckle bushes and wild jasmine. I see some reviewers calling it sugary or something like that, but it’s nothing of the sort to my nose. I find it to be fresh, earth, and floral. A very comforting smell and true to its floral and woodsy descriptions. Feels like summer, but in an original way.

on 10/22/2015 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got 2 pretty generous samples of this from Sephora. I don't like it at all. I don't like the packaging and I don't like the scent of it all. It doesn't actually smell bad but it smells kinda simple and childish. I remember when I was a kid my mom used to put on my hair a kids cologne that smelled pretty similar to this. I'm not an expert on describing notes so I'm just so gonna say how I feel about this Perfume. First of all it's very light, I mean really light ! You can barely smell it even when you first put it on, it doesn't stay on my skin more than an hour and it doesn't project at all ! It is barely noticeable to others . When you first put it on it smells fresh and green but in a sweetish way and after a few minutes becomes more flowery and slightly powdery . It's the most light and discreet perfume I've ever smelled ,even the CK1 which is an EDT and not an EDP like this one smells 10 times stronger . The overall feeling that I get from this perfume as I said earlier is very simple and very childish . I can't see any woman who considers her self a muse as the name suggests wearing this perfume , the scent is not even feminine its 100% unisex it' just smells VERY Discretely clean and fresh

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Modern Muse smells like a sugar mill to me. I've been to a sugar mill so would know the unforgettable smell. Its not sweet if that's what you're thinking. A sugar mill smells more like molasses which is not a sweet smell.
Today I'm wearing Modern Muse (a tiny trial size) and realize it smells a lot like Avon Aspire essence.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

It's darn near pointless to explain what a fragrance smells like to you. Everyone's experience is different. Everyone's skin is different. But it's also useful to have a general idea of where it fits in, so as not to waste ones time with a floral when you're just dead set that you only like things that smell like caramel.
This is similar to Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely & Narciso Rodriguez For Her. No, it's not a dupe. It's not THE SAME. But they have SIMILAR scent profiles. So if you just die for Lovely, you might like this. If Lovely turns your stomach even to think of it, well girl, give this one a miss.
If you don't know what SJPL & NRFH smell like at all, then I suppose you could say this a soft musky floral. Pretty safe as a workplace scent, for example. Pretty safe for going out with someone new. Not a loud power frag. Not for club hopping.
I have received unsolicited compliments, which I always consider high praise for a fragrance.
The bottle is very 'classy looking' and need not be hidden away like some Mariah Carey butterfly bottle.
I rated it expensive because although it is not unusually pricey in terms of the retail price, I find it to not last on my skin more than 2-4 hours, so I'd have to buy often if this were my signature ( i have no signature, btw...i wear all sorts of things, from your $200-300 bottles down to, yes, Mariah Carey that I tried on a whim for seven dollars and would be first to agree is worth no more than seven dollars). I love perfume.
Go to Sephora and give it a try. They will give you some to take home, or their return policy is very generous if you just buy.
If you have been struggling to FIND SJP Lovely lately (tip:I picked up TWO 3.3 oz at Sams Club for $30)or to afford NR For Her, try Modern Muse.
I do think I would buy it again, although I may try the 'Chic' flanker first.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Modern Muse is a very nice perfume...
Exotic Mandarin
Patchouli
Amber Wood
Soft Musk
Madagascar Vanilla
Smells like flowers....a little soapy...close to SJP Lovely...will be nice for spring & summer...

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My current favourite. Subtle enough for daytime, and sexy enough for evening. This fragrance is fairly heavy-handed on the muguet notes (but I love muguet!). Not a sweet fragrance, I would describe it as subtle, sexy, floral, sophisticated.

on 3/9/2015 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This smells really generic. I think there is an Avon perfume that smells like this, but not sure which one. It's also headache inducing for me. I do like the bottle though, I think it looks classy.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I truly don't understand the appeal for this at all.
Smells of cheap synthetic chemicals and it has that plastic note that I just can't stand! The bottle is ugly too. I assume they wanted a modern, sophisticated middle class woman scent, but this is so gross. It would give me a headache if I had to work with someone who drenched themselves in it.

Popular Fragrances