no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 years ago

I love this stuff!!! This is exactly what I needed! I use Retin A, so zero sun on the face/neck. I apply my sunscreen, THIS, and then I top it off with a light dusting of Tarte waterproof matte bronzer powder or Cargo waterproof bronzer powder. This stays put and really is waterproof, so when I go swimming, it isn't noticeable at all that my face is ghostly white while my body is extremely dark! The consistency is mousse like in texture. It is moisturizing on my skin. The shade color is rosey brown. I squirt a small dab and apply dots on my face and neck. Then, I blend with my fingers and let set for a minute before setting with the above mentioned powder bronzers. Again, I love this and will be purchasing more as this will be permanent in my summer routine!

About reviewer (62 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

2.0

5 years ago

I really wanted to like this (because who wants to mess with self-tanner?) but the color is just awful on my skin (NC15-20). I applied this to my pale legs, took one look in the mirror and jumped right into the shower to wash it all off. It reads as a caramelish orange on my yellowy-white skin. I will say that it is truly waterproof and provides nice coverage, but none of that matters if you just end up looking like a milk chocolate oompa loompa. If you can, I would advise you go get a sample from Sephora to see if it even looks good on your skin. If it does, lucky you!

About reviewer (166 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

EyesBrown

from

6 years ago

I really like this stuff. I have super pale white legs, so every slight bruise/imperfection is very noticeable and my legs are typically a blotchy mess. I also have stretch marks on my knees and the backs of my calves that I'm really self conscious about. This product really helps me feel better about my legs and I'm much more confident wearing shorts and skirts now. It is a little too dark for me on its own and can also be tricky to blend, so I mix about 1/3 of this with 2/3 of regular body lotion and it works perfectly. This evens out the skintone on my legs, and while it doesn't hide my stretch marks, it does a decent job of blurring them and making them less noticeable. I also like that there's no shimmer to this, so it looks natural. My only complaint is that this is a bit pricey, but I will continue to buy it because it works.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

3.0

6 years ago

Oh my goodness, I do NOT like this product at all. Ok, on the first glance it makes your legs look fabulous and not orange at all (at least I didn't think it did). The texture is nice, it is indeed matte (can't say if it's waterproof since I don't swim with it on). But at first I applied this over my arms, shoulders, and chest while wearing a tube top. It is very hot and humid where I live so I had to apply an additional sunscreen because otherwise you're asking for sunburn. The same day I went shopping for new clothes and while in a dressing room taking off my tube top I saw that it was COMPLETELY stained by this bronzer. It looked absolutely awful and I was so afraid to try on new clothes in fear of ruining them. What a dissapointment! I just don't understand how this suppose to work if you cannot apply things like sunscreans for protection without creating a mess. And the tube top by the way is ruined. I washed it 3 times and you can still see the stains, it was THAT bad. So, months later I took out the product to try just on my legs while wearing a black dress. I liked the color payoff and this time I did not wear any sunscreen since I was planning on being inside all day at school. Well, the nice feeling lasted until I got to school and set down and my legs became so so sticky. I set on a wooden chair and you could just feel the product sticking to it. So gross and annoying! Bottom line is, I feel like this product is quite gimmiky. It is very expensive and you would probably be only wearing it on special occasions that do not require you to sweat or wear light colored clothes. I honestly wouldn't buy it.

About reviewer (108 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

6 years ago

I got a small tube of this as a free deluxe sample when I reordered some mascara from Tarte's website recently. Since the tube probably wouldn't provide enough product for body use I gave this a try as a contour cream to use with my foundation. I don't even care how this works/lasts or looks anywhere else it's the best bronzer/contouring product I've ever used. It's matte, blends in perfect with a brush and is the perfect color. Not too dark not too light, not orangey at all. I dot this around my hair line, in the hollows of my cheeks and along my jawline, dot foundation/concealer everywhere else blend it all in with a foundation brush starting with the light areas first and get awesome natural looking results with minimal product in about a minute. No break outs and this lasts all day I'll definitely buy a full size when this small tube runs out. This probably works best for light to medium skin tones as it's not very dark and provides more of a subtle contour that gives your face/makeup dimension and no fake harsh lines that take forever to blend in. Good stuff.

About reviewer (276 reviews)

Age36-43