Cover FX Total Cover Cream Foundation SPF 30

3.5

Diisostearyl Malate, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Silica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Tris (PPG-3 Benzyl Ether) Citrate, Synthetic Beeswax, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprate, Squalane, Triacontanyl PVP, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tocopherol, Tribehenin, Ethyl Linoleate, Ethyl Linolenate, Ethyl Oleate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dehydroacetic Acid, Bisabolol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Phytosphingosine, Ceramide 2, PEG-10 Rapeseed Sterol, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide , May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased this because so many people on YouTube raved about it and I loved how it looked on them. I need to realize I don't have the same skin as everyone else. I have sensitive, oil slick skin. The most I get is a 2 hour wear from my makeup. I got this in the shade G60, beautiful shade. I was going to wear it to a wedding I had coming up so I decided to test it out for work and see how it wears before I wore it to a big event. Boy, am I glad I did. This foundation made me look like I had olive oil rubbed all over my face, it broke apart and moved around, and it made my oily skin look flakey. I was horrified, I returned it immediately. This would probably only work for someone who has severely dry skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been looking for a similar product to the discontinued Becca foundation stick for a while, and this comes close to being just as good. I like the coverage, a little goes a long way - I use a foundation brush to apply. I have a lot of ruddiness and this covers it completely. The only downside is that your skin needs to be well moisturized. If it's dry, this can sometimes highlight a dry patch.

To Read all 44 Reviews, Login or Join

Applies easily. Great coverage. Love it!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Gives really nice coverage (medium full) since the pigment of the foundation is really strong. A little goes a long way and on oily skin it settles nicely on the skin and doesn't cake up or crease a lot throughout the day. It doesn't set matte and will need a powder over top but wears good throughout the day.
The only annoying part is the packaging....it's a bit weird to get out of the pan since it is a little tough. I use a little spatula or a pallet knife and just press it on top of the foundation then onto my skin (a little goes a long way) and then blend it out with a dense brush. The cream is a little stiff(?) so it takes some work to blend out and it doesn't work as effectively with a beauty blender than with a brush. Asides from application being a bit of a pain, the coverage and wear throughout the day with this foundation is really nice. If you're oily but don't want a super matte look and maybe something a little more natural, this is a nice foundation!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My skin leaves a lot to be desired. It's dry, tends to flake easily, is acne prone and the tone is not even at all. This foundation takes care of all of that. It's definitely full coverage that can be sheered out a bit to be more medium. It gives a very skin like finish and is long wearing. I dust a little powder over it to make sure it doesn't budge, and it has never let me down, even when I sweat quite a bit. This foundation doubles as undereye concealer for me too, which I apply over a tiny bit of Becca brightening undereye corrector, and set with Laura Mercier secret undereye powder. The only con is that it does tend to crease a little bit, but can be smoothed out very easily without removing any coverage.

It doesn't dry my skin out in the winter, doesn't slide off in the summer and doesn't break me out. Win win win.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really enjoy using this foundation. I'm not usual a cream foundation girl, but I apply this with a flat top kabuki brush and I need such little product and time to get it blended in and looking great. I do find that it oxidizes on my fair skin during the day, but that won't be a problem in the summer when I begin self tanning regularly. If I quickly blend it out a few hours into my day it's no problem. If you're fair, I would choose a lighter shade, and the sponge it comes with is helpful for touchups but I didn't find it to be ideal for application.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

just great. I'm in shade g80 and literally this is the only foundation I wear. it matches me exactly. no other foundations match my skin color. it is natural looking and can be built up. I have been using this for over a year now and will continue to use forever! <3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm usually a liquid foundation lady, but I read the rave reviews for the MUFE foundation stick and of course they were out at my Sephora. I got matched with a few other brands but nothing was wowing me. I've got sensitive acne prone skin with some pretty intense dry patches. My tone isn't that fair but I've got A LOT of redness so finding a good match is sort of a nightmare. But at last I was matched with total cover in P40 and hallelujah! So so so smooth and soft and buildable. I cannot talk up that last part enough. It really does act as both a concealer and a base. I was worried it would look too cakey, too makeup-y but even if you overdo it you can just blend! I really love this stuff. I don't think it would do too well with oily skin, but if you're dry and sensitive, this stuff is awesome.

I own this in P10, which is maybe just a /smidge/ too light and pink for my skin tone. For reference, I was matched to NW13 in Mac Mineralize Moisture just a few days ago and went to this foundation after I started having problems with Tarte's 12-Hour Amazonian Clay in Ivory.

A sales associate at Sephora recommended this to me last April after I expressed interest in a foundation that 1) wouldn't emphasize my dry patches; 2) I could use to cover up my occasional psoriasis breakouts. I loved how it looked when she put it on my face and bought it that same day. It's a cream foundation that definitely has a learning curve - I had problems with streakiness when I tried applying and blending it out with a foundation brush, but solved that problem by applying it with a dry Real Techniques sponge (dampening it would soak up and apply way too much product, making me look like a ghost). It's buildable on problem spots - it works fantastically at covering up redness and acne and even works well as a concealer against my undereye circles.

It DOES tend to break up around my psoriasis/dry patches after a few hours, but after trying out other foundation samples the past few days that emphasized those IMMEDIATELY, I've realized that's not so bad and might even be fixable with other products or better skincare. I've panned my compact and will probably repurchase this when I'm finished if I don't find a better alternative.

I appreciate this foundation for its range of shades (I use the palest, N0) and its buildable coverage. It is really smooth, not cakey or too thick like you might expect a cream foundation to be. I have a somewhat oily T-zone, I occasionally get a cystic zit, and my skin sometimes gets flaky over my blackheads. Cover FX covers it all without looking oily or slicking off or bothering my skin. If you're extremely oily, I wouldn't recommend it, but it works just as well on my oily days as it does on my normal days/dry skin patches. It generally lasts 8 hours on me without a primer or setting powder/spray.

If you apply with your fingers (I do, because it looks more natural on me), sanitize your compact often.

My only caution would be that if you live in a hot climate, you need a setting spray, because it will melt off if you don't use one.