Essie For the Twill of It

Essie

4.5

on 4/24/2017 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Love this duochrome but until Essie's prices come down, this will probably be my last Essie polish purchase. For the $9, I'm just not impressed with the brush or formula. I know I like Sally Hansen and Wet n Wild's formulas so much better for much less. I do like the unique colors Essie sometimes has (like this one) but there are dupes. I found the first coat of this shade to go on nice and light, but seemed to want to dry extremely quickly. So much that after one swipe, i almost couldnt paint over a prior area to get the side of the nail, it almost wanted to smudge the polish off. Very strange. Second coat made some areas of my nails look globby. I find that Essie's polishes are either thin/watery or strangely thick and globby. Really pretty color, but on my nails it almost pulls more gunmetal. I can still see the duo but I think the globbyish second coat made it pull too dark. Might be a one coat only polish for me.

Essie's Twill Seeker in the gel couture line is similar to this (in swatches it looks really close) but now that I have this one, I prefer Twill Seeker. Its a more purple plum with a light green duo vs. this one pulls more gray. I may debate buying a SH plum color (Clean Slate) and paint one coat of this over to duplicate Twill Seeker without spending the $11+

Again, probably my last Essie. I bought a SH nail polish at the same time as this one and the application and formula was 10x better for $3 less.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Such a gorgeous metallic duochrome!! I'm in love!

on 11/23/2015 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Beautiful duochrome polish with slight shimmer. The colors reflected include green, purple, brown and in some lights even black. I also see some red shimmer in certain lights. I think this is unique and a very good duochrome.

It is a bit runny so you will need to be careful with your application. The texture is nice and smooth. My first coat was quite streaky but the second coat offered full coverage for me.

At this point I am not sure about the wear but I will update after a couple of days. Typically I get good wear with Essie, but due to the holiday I will be doing more cooking including lots of chopping as well as some additional cleaning, so that will without a doubt change my wear experience.

Nothing unique about the packaging on this one. Typical Essie square bottle with a standard nail polish brush.

I got this at Marshall's for around $3.99 which is a good price for Essie. I would repurchase should I ever use the whole bottle. As I mentioned, I find this polish one of the better duochromes I have used, but I did reduce it by a lippie due to the runny formula.

UPDATE 11/27/2015 - I got great wear from this polish. After having my hands in and out of water for hours, chopping, peeling, cooking & cleaning I had one chip on my right thumb. I patched that up and the rest of the mani is still going strong. Definitely good & impressive wear with this one.

on 7/16/2015 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a great metallic polish, with lavender and silverish green hues. It's really unique but also not too in your face, if that makes sense. This looks amazing on stiletto and coffin shaped nails (not too over-barring, just right), and ditto for the toes (gives a cute pop, esp. with open toe shoes or sandals). Actually this is one of the few metallics that look good on both short and long nails IMO. I do feel it takes a bit to build it up but hey, that's not a huge biggie, given the price. I have had a few CC polishes over the years very similar to this one at a much higher price point and in which are now all discontinued, so this is an excellent alternative to those for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

One of my favorite fall/winter polishes!

PROS:
-color is a beautiful duo chrome purple/green/brown
-easy to apply, not streaky at all
-long wearing
-dries quickly

CONS:
-can chip, it's not life proof, but most nail polishes aren't

Love this alien chic sparkly mud nail polish so much. It reminds me of outer space and also an oil slick and a mood ring.

on 1/13/2014 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Overall, Essie is NOT my favorite brand of nail polish. I have had horrible luck with most Essie polishes; they have been either too difficult to apply, or they are streaky, they bubble, or they drag. There are really only 2 that I liked (Made to Honor and Shine of the Times), until this one. "For the Twill of It" is one, exceptional nail polish! It caught my eye a couple of times on display in several places, and I finally caved and bought it. I am so glad I did! I wore this for 8 days without even the slightest chip or tip wear! I couldn't believe it! And the color just made me fall in love! In one light in was a beautiful, sparkling, sage green. If I turned my hand, it was a frosty steel gray. In other lighting, it looked like a satiny, silvered-plum color. Now THIS is a polish that I got many compliments on! So beautiful! I wish I took a picture to share, because I also added a white, glittery topcoat with mixed glitter pieces (bar, hexagonal, and tiny circles) only to the cuticle area (opposite end of the nail tips), and my nails looked like they were sporting a snowy scene on a cold, wintry day. I know "For the Twill of It" is similar to OPI's "Peace, Love, and OPI" and another polish by Julep (forgot the name), but I would definitely recommend this one because it is one Essie polish that proved to be worth every dollar I paid for it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I love this polish. The colour is unique, the lasting power is pretty good (under the Essie Good to go topcoat) lasted about a week. It is spring here, and it is part of the fall collection, but I just had to try it on and it looked great. I often catch myself looking at it under different lighting and see what colour it looks under what sort of light. It reminds me of oil rainbows in the puddles. Lovely, edgy, unique.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a very pretty color. The application isn't too bad. It's a bit thin. I need three coats to make it completely opaque. Chipping isn't bad. It lasts about four days.

on 7/9/2014 5:10:00 PM

- super cool colour, holographic
- nice shaped brush