Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Oil Light

Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Oil Light

3.9

Natural Argan Isostearylic Esters

on 6/29/2017 7:41:00 PM

I like this light version more than the original version because it feels light and absorbs quickly. A little goes a long way! Barely any scent which is good for the sensitive gals out there like me.

on 4/27/2017 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I can't live without this oil!

I have very oily/dehydrated skin, so it's been a constant struggle to find a moisturizer that is heavy enough to penetrate my skin but also isn't too slimy so that it leaves a residue or causes my makeup to break apart. I use this mostly as an evening moisturizer, but will sometimes use it in the mornings under makeup if my skin is feeling especially irritated or dry. I swear that it makes my skin LESS oily by truly giving it moisture at the source. Without any acne products, it takes care of a lot of the acne and irritation on my skin and calms most of my redness and eczema. I'll even mix it into foundations that are too matte to make them easier to blend.

This is a great, multi-purpose oil that has done wonders for my skin. I'm on my second bottle in 2 years, and I wouldn't want to be without it!

PROS:
-makes my skin feel fantastic
-soothes irritation and never breaks me out
-can be worn under makeup without breaking up foundation
-never greasy
-non-scented
-cruelty-free
-great packaging - never leaks

CONS:
-expensive (1.7oz for $48 USD)

LOVE this oil!!! It brightens my skin, every morning when I wake up my face looks awake and not dull! Softens and evens out my skin. I used to use tartes maracuja but this one is the best, i can see a difference with one use! A bit pricey but QVC is good about easy pay. I rub on my face and neck every night

on 3/6/2017 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Doesn’t break me out, but that’s about it. My skin is incredibly picky and sensitive and I break out from products 99% of the time, so I decided to try this. Doesn’t cause breakouts but doesn’t really moisturize either. It never sinks in, just forms a thin layer on the surface of your skin. Dry patches around my nose, cheeks and lips don’t go away - and I live in a humid, tropical country! Plus, it stinks.

I tried the regular version and that made me break out. Back to the search!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I like this oil alot! It's a huge step up from the tarte maracuja oil which smells like old cooking grease and breaks me out. This oil is very light and doesn't have a noticeable smell, and it keeps me moisturized without breaking me out. I have combo acne prone skin so I get hella zits while still being dry and flakey, and this works for me for moisturizing. I turned to oils because most moisturizers contain silicone and other fillers that clog my pores.

Tip ~ buy this around Christmas time. It comes as a gift card holder and you get it for $10!!

on 2/3/2017 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Love this light oil. I have the original argan oil and it was making me break out. I tried the light version and love it! I usually use this in the morning under my moisturizer. Does not make me oily throughout the day and if anything I've noticed my face does not get as oily as it used to mid-day. I used to have to blot my entire face at least twice while at work but now I don't have to at all. The light version sinks in and doesn't just sit on top of your skin. I noticed my face looking very dull this winter and decided to add this into my skincare regimen and so glad I did!

Little bit about my skin. I have combination oily skin that easily breaks out and is very sensitive. I don't wear any foundation. I've tried so many different brands from store brands to higher end. Everything irritates my skin. My morning routine is to just use CeraVe hydrating cleansing bar, apply Josie Maran oil light, then Laneige balancing emulsion for combo oily skin. I only apply eye makeup. At night, I cleanse with CeraVe again then apply Dermatologica Intensive Moisture balance.

on 12/23/2016 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

LOVE this. I have oily skin and found that using this after cleansing leaves my skin feeling moisturized and clean. I prefer this over the original oil because I don't feel it's as thick and it sinks in nicely. I purchased two mini bottles of the original and the light for $18 from Sephora (holiday) but I wouldn't hesitate to buy the full size. 3-5 drops is plenty for my skin and I wake up with softer, less oily skin. I highly recommend this!

on 8/30/2016 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got this a year ago as I was looking for a new moisturiser and a good friend recommended it. Disclaimer: I had very very bad cystic acne and my skin is extremely sensitive; I also recently went for facial spa before purchasing this moisturiser so my skin was getting better.

I've used this religiously for a year and it's almost run out - my skin was completely in love with this moisturiser! On warm, summer days, I use 3 drops (I love the dropper tool) and I massaged it out across my skin. Note that it's an oil moisturiser so rubbing it between your palms before applying is a crucial step. On cold, winter days I usually change into another moisturiser but what I've noticed is that my skin doesn't break out at all even when I use this moisturiser or when I switched it over the colder days.

It absorbs like a dream and it doesn't make you feel like your skin is covered in a layer of oil. A little goes a long way but sadly I have come to an end with it as I've just finished with it and I have decided to venture out on another product since the Sephora in my area have decided to discontinue with the import on this brand (rolls eyes).

I would repurchase this in the future, maybe in another year's time as the price is quite high for a 50ml bottle.

on 8/28/2016 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Never sank in. Didn't break me out, but I didn't get even the slightest bit of moisture. Don't buy this. I prefer the fresh sea buckthorn oil. More hydrating. I asked my daughter who is 16 "what did you think about the Josie Maran Argan oils?" And she replied," it didn't really do anything". I asked her about the fresh oil, and she said she really liked that one! We thought the exact same thing!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

So my skin is combo oily acne prone. I think it is oddly sensitive, as almost every moisturizer has broken me out. I realized that my skin was probably breaking out due to some dehydration as well but again moisturizers caused so many breakouts for me. I tried the regular version of the argan oil and I think it was a bit too heavy for my skin. I decided to try the light version-I had a sample lying around- during the day-a few drops pressed into my skin after cleansing, toning and finacea application. I have been using for a few months now and I like it. My skin has actually calmed down and looks less red, zits are less inflamed, and not breaking out from it. I think I am breaking out less too because I have repaired the moisture barrier. I just bought a full size light and plan to use it daily from now on. If you have an issue where every moist seems to break you out or cause a reaction, try it!! There are always deals on QVC and on the JM site so look for a deal before you buy a big bottle.