Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Oil Light

3.9

Natural Argan Isostearylic Esters

on 3/6/2017 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Doesn’t break me out, but that’s about it. My skin is incredibly picky and sensitive and I break out from products 99% of the time, so I decided to try this. Doesn’t cause breakouts but doesn’t really moisturize either. It never sinks in, just forms a thin layer on the surface of your skin. Dry patches around my nose, cheeks and lips don’t go away - and I live in a humid, tropical country! Plus, it stinks.

I tried the regular version and that made me break out. Back to the search!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I like this oil alot! It's a huge step up from the tarte maracuja oil which smells like old cooking grease and breaks me out. This oil is very light and doesn't have a noticeable smell, and it keeps me moisturized without breaking me out. I have combo acne prone skin so I get hella zits while still being dry and flakey, and this works for me for moisturizing. I turned to oils because most moisturizers contain silicone and other fillers that clog my pores.

Tip ~ buy this around Christmas time. It comes as a gift card holder and you get it for $10!!

on 2/3/2017 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Love this light oil. I have the original argan oil and it was making me break out. I tried the light version and love it! I usually use this in the morning under my moisturizer. Does not make me oily throughout the day and if anything I've noticed my face does not get as oily as it used to mid-day. I used to have to blot my entire face at least twice while at work but now I don't have to at all. The light version sinks in and doesn't just sit on top of your skin. I noticed my face looking very dull this winter and decided to add this into my skincare regimen and so glad I did!

Little bit about my skin. I have combination oily skin that easily breaks out and is very sensitive. I don't wear any foundation. I've tried so many different brands from store brands to higher end. Everything irritates my skin. My morning routine is to just use CeraVe hydrating cleansing bar, apply Josie Maran oil light, then Laneige balancing emulsion for combo oily skin. I only apply eye makeup. At night, I cleanse with CeraVe again then apply Dermatologica Intensive Moisture balance.

on 12/23/2016 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

LOVE this. I have oily skin and found that using this after cleansing leaves my skin feeling moisturized and clean. I prefer this over the original oil because I don't feel it's as thick and it sinks in nicely. I purchased two mini bottles of the original and the light for $18 from Sephora (holiday) but I wouldn't hesitate to buy the full size. 3-5 drops is plenty for my skin and I wake up with softer, less oily skin. I highly recommend this!

on 8/30/2016 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got this a year ago as I was looking for a new moisturiser and a good friend recommended it. Disclaimer: I had very very bad cystic acne and my skin is extremely sensitive; I also recently went for facial spa before purchasing this moisturiser so my skin was getting better.

I've used this religiously for a year and it's almost run out - my skin was completely in love with this moisturiser! On warm, summer days, I use 3 drops (I love the dropper tool) and I massaged it out across my skin. Note that it's an oil moisturiser so rubbing it between your palms before applying is a crucial step. On cold, winter days I usually change into another moisturiser but what I've noticed is that my skin doesn't break out at all even when I use this moisturiser or when I switched it over the colder days.

It absorbs like a dream and it doesn't make you feel like your skin is covered in a layer of oil. A little goes a long way but sadly I have come to an end with it as I've just finished with it and I have decided to venture out on another product since the Sephora in my area have decided to discontinue with the import on this brand (rolls eyes).

I would repurchase this in the future, maybe in another year's time as the price is quite high for a 50ml bottle.

on 8/28/2016 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Never sank in. Didn't break me out, but I didn't get even the slightest bit of moisture. Don't buy this. I prefer the fresh sea buckthorn oil. More hydrating. I asked my daughter who is 16 "what did you think about the Josie Maran Argan oils?" And she replied," it didn't really do anything". I asked her about the fresh oil, and she said she really liked that one! We thought the exact same thing!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

So my skin is combo oily acne prone. I think it is oddly sensitive, as almost every moisturizer has broken me out. I realized that my skin was probably breaking out due to some dehydration as well but again moisturizers caused so many breakouts for me. I tried the regular version of the argan oil and I think it was a bit too heavy for my skin. I decided to try the light version-I had a sample lying around- during the day-a few drops pressed into my skin after cleansing, toning and finacea application. I have been using for a few months now and I like it. My skin has actually calmed down and looks less red, zits are less inflamed, and not breaking out from it. I think I am breaking out less too because I have repaired the moisture barrier. I just bought a full size light and plan to use it daily from now on. If you have an issue where every moist seems to break you out or cause a reaction, try it!! There are always deals on QVC and on the JM site so look for a deal before you buy a big bottle.

Yet another Josie Maran Argan line review. Like I mentioned in my other ones, this is a good product, just vastly overpriced now that the market is saturated in argan oil products, and pure argan oils.

This is the lighter version of the original 100% argan oil, and I used to use this POST-hydrator and serum, PRE-moisturizing cream, sunscreen, and skin primer. It made my skin feel a tiny bit "heavier", but absorbed much faster and felt less heavy than the original, hence using it in the AM under makeup.

Overall, I was happy with this product, but cheaper and/or more innovative ones are out there in recent years. I also recommend Peter Thomas Roth Oilless Oil or Smashbox PhotoFinish Primer Oil, for a similar skin smoothing and caring effect under makeup.

I've been using this moisturizer lately, just 3 drops into my hands and rub (or pat) onto my face after cleansing, and it is amazing! It's great for my combination skin! My pores look so clean (which might also be my cleanser) and it soaks in fast for all-day moisture. It is super expensive, but it lasts a long time if you use it sparingly, it will be better for your money. A little bit of this stuff goes a long way! It is all-natural, vegan, and much more!

As for packaging, its fine. It comes in a box as anything else does, and when I bought it (I bought mine at Sephora) I made sure that it didn't have any defects on it. So far so good! Will repurchase.

on 1/5/2016 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE this stuff! I have dry skin and in the fall/winter months it seems that no matter what cleanser I use - even ones that claim to "hydrate"'- my face is always left super tight and dry, to say the least. I hate super thick facial moisturizers because they always tend to just sit on top of my skin and or inevitably migrate into my eyes, causing major irritation. Olive oil seems to sit and feel heavy on my skin. Going sans moisturizer/face oil isn't an option either since my skin ends up overproducting oil (to counteract the Mojave-esque dryness) and making me break out as a result. I received the small 0.16 oz bottle of this as part of a gift set and began to apply it post-face washing just for kicks. WOW this stuff really works. Even just using a few drops, I find this oil absorbs really fast (in about several minutes) and feels like nothing heavy is on the skin - hence the name. Usually I do this at night and when I wake up in the morning my skin feels ultra smooth, silky,.and refreshed! Granted, I'm in my early 20s but I can definitely see a difference from how rough feeling my skin used to be and how almost buttery it is after using this oil.

I'd say the only major difference between the regular and light versions of the oil is that the regular version takes longer to sink into the skin. I love both versions and the fact that they're both multitasking (moisturizes hair, nails, etc). Just be sure to store the oil out of direct sunlight, as this makes it go bad faster. And set the bottle on a flat surface to avoid drops!

Thank you, argan oil!