Prestige Liquid Eyeliner

Prestige Liquid Eyeliner
Liquid Eyeliner

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Oleyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Stearic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Stearate, Hectorite, Cellulose, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Isopropylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben. May Contain[ /-]: Mica CI 77019, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499, Ultramarines CI 77007, Ferric Ferrocyanide CI 77510.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a nice eyeliner. The color Pop Star is a bright matte white. It's a true white and has good staying power. However, it reminds me a little bit of White Out... it looks like it has the same consistency and it cracks if you put a thick of a layer on. So, I'm kind of on the fence with this; there seems to be an equal amount of good and bad points. Going off of other people's reviews, it seems to just be this color that has cracking issues, though. But, I have not tried any other color personally, so I cannot confirm that. A nice liquid white, just be wary of over doing it. I am considering trying other colors.
!Edit: I ended up throwing this out after using it just a few times. The formula got dry very quickly; I had only opened the product less than 8 times to use it. The half dried out formula truly made it look like I had put White Out on my eyes... if you're on the hunt for a white eyeliner skip this one.

This is the first liquid liner I ever purchased, and, roughly a decade later I still have it on hand. This little gem is truly one of the unsung heroes of the liquid liner world. I find eyeliners in all their various incarnations to be among the trickiest of makeup products. The consistency of a liner has far more consequence than that of a lipstick, which can be more easily re-applied or touched up. The color/quality of a liner can make or break an entire face, and the application is so beholden to the kind and quality of brush. There are so many options to choose from and so many of those options can be the wrong choice. This liquid liner -- which I buy in the black/brown shade because I can't shake the sense that I look odd in a straight black liner -- has a lovely applicator brush that holds up. The color is wonderful and the liner is dark and thick and consistent (it doesn't leave pale smudgy spots). It's truly longwear and quick-drying. It doesn't cake and it doesn't dry in a different color. Absolutely top notch.

on 10/13/2015 1:24:00 PM

I love this product! The packaging is cute. It's easy to hold. The applicator is just right for me. I like the effect when it dries up because it's not glossy at all. There's a slight burning sensation though...other than that, this eyeliner is perfect!

on 5/20/2015 12:03:00 PM

Not good. Going back to my Clinique liquid eyeliner, which is easy to apply and causes me no irritation. I have extremely sensitive eyes.
Pros
-Nice dark brown color
-Stays put

Cons
-Burns my eyes even before application! Just holding the applicator near them caused stinging. My eyes were red seconds after application.
-It was difficult for me to draw a nice line, but I'm not an eyeliner pro.

on 3/6/2015 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

PROS:
- great color payoff
- SUPER staying power - will not smudge

CONS:
- the applicator brush is too stiff and stubby
- difficult to create precise lines / thin lines

on 4/19/2014 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

PROS:
- great color payoff
- SUPER staying power - will not smudge

CONS:
-the applicator brush is too stiff and stubby
-i cannot create precise lines

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Dang! I like so many things about this product, but the "Con" below trumps all the good stuff:

PROs:
- black color has nice pigmentation
- applicator is not difficult to work with
- affordably priced
- Prestige has some great products, especially for eyes

Wow, right?! These sure make it sound like a HG product for me! But there's a problem...and for me it's a game changer (not in a good way...)

CON:
- it itches/burns on application. I used it on my upper lid, for a cat-eye line, but noticed that moments after application I felt an uncomfortable irritation. The first couple of times I ignored it and the sensation seemed to fade (or I acclimated to the discomfort?) As time went on, I found myself avoiding use of the product due to the sensation and the possible ramifications. I never applied it to my waterline, but I can imagine that might have produced a more painful experience.

I do not have particularly sensitive skin so this result is surprising to me. I see here that about 15% of reviewers are having this issue, and I hate to say I'm in that disappointed minority. I hope that Prestige will examine the formulation to determine what is causing this effect for a significant number of users.

The bottom line is that the irritation makes me wonder about the safety of my eyes and skin, and I'm drawing the line there (no pun intended!) After all, it's great to look pretty -- but my health trumps makeup any day!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This eyeliner made my eyes burn. It was painful. Obviously wouldn't repurchase.

on 9/7/2013 3:43:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Been using the same one in black for quite a while now. Zero problems other than it will come off very easily if you rub your eyes, or with a bit of water. But in that regard, it's easy to clean off. Dries quick. Staying power is bad. But at least it's semi-cheap. The brush was great, it didn't break. Easy as hell to put on. If it had better staying power it would be 5/5.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My go to for cat eyes!

I hadn't done a lot of cat eyes in awhile and was in the mood and realized my UD liquid liner that I had for ages was just about used up (or had expired). So I looked around for a cheapie but goodie, and all you ladies had good things to say about this one. Plus, I had been wanting to try out a Prestige product. I really like this liner. I like brushes- not felt tip pens, and this is sorta a hybrid. I can make smooth lines with barely any skips, and I can really go far into my inner corners and still be precise. I love how easy it is to create wings (maybe I'm better with them now, though). This product is one of my go tos in my morning routine. Its small, quick to use and gives great results. I like the formula and have only seen the tiniest hints of creasing- but nothing major. I'd suggest this liner to anyone, and I'm thinking of trying their other colors in the future.