Essence Essence Liquid Ink Eyeliner

Essence Essence Liquid Ink Eyeliner

on 2/16/2017 6:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm on my 7th tube of this and I'm NEVER going back to anything else. I've tried all kinds for more than 10 years now (ever since I was 14), MAC, Stila, Bobbi Brown, Maybelline, Guerlain, Wet n Wild - you name it, I've tried it. I have very oily eyelids; I don't even wear eyeshadow because nothing stays no matter what sort of primer I use, but this stays put ALL DAY.

It stays and doesn't budge when I've spent the whole day snowboarding on the alps, when I'm hiking through a rainforest in Bali, dancing the night away to Hardwell during AMF, lounging by Santa Monica beach in sweltering hot Californian summers, crying my eyes out during movie nights with my girlfriends - this eyeliner has been with me through it all. I would never EVER give this up. Would repurchase for the rest of my life even if they jack the price all the way up to $100. Please don't ever discontinue this!

This is the best eyeliner I've ever used and amazing for the price!

This is a black waterproof liquid eyeliner, I believe there are other colours and a non-waterproof version available.

The eyeliner comes with a tiny little brush applicator or you can use your own eyeliner brush. I find the brush it comes with is very easy to use and allows for really precise eye designs. It goes on really smoothly and quickly and is a nice dark black colour.

I haven't tested out how waterproof this product is but I can say that it is definitely long-lasting. I put this on every morning and it's still perfect by the end of the day and into the evening. Doesn't smudge, transfer or flake. The only thing I will say is that it does start to crack a little bit towards the end of the day where there is only a thin layer, for example, in the corner of the eye. This doesn't happen if you use primer though and really isn't a major problem.

Overall this is an incredible product for the price and I would recommend it to anyone. I have previously used a lot more expensive eyeliners and have found nothing that comes close to this, especially for under £3!

I have the waterproof version of this product.
I do like this product for a beginner make up artist, it's an easy brush to use for first time eyeliner-applyers.
However I do find pigmentation on this product to be quite patchy and sometimes watery in places,
But what I dislike most, and I think this is due to the waterproof part in the formula, is the way it removes. It comes off in flakes and little chunks that can be painful if you get them in or around the sensitive skin of your eye. Also the packaging leaves something to be desired, you kind of need to "pull" on the cap to get the brush out, and if you're not careful you'll catapult the brush halfway across the room.

UPDATE: I changed my 'Would I buy this again' answer from a yes to a no. After a couple of more tries I realised just how crumbly this formula is when you rub it or take it off. It irritates my eyes and the skin around it so badly I will not be repurchasing this.

on 8/10/2016 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

When I first bought this eyeliner,I have to admit I was not expecting much.Who could,at such a low price? But when I tried it out at home,I found out it was one of the best eyeliners I had ever tried out! The brush is so convenient,as it makes the application of the product smooth and easier. The product is really pigmented,long-wearing and it dries out fast. Essence's 'Liquid Ink' eyeliner is one of the best products the brand owns!

on 11/24/2015 4:19:00 PM

One of the worst I've ever had! I have the waterproof, it isn't
intense black, and doesn't last even an hour :(

on 11/1/2015 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I repurchased this eyeliner because it's very cheap, precise and does the job well.
not the best one,but a good drugstore find. ok quality, dark and matt, just how a good liner should be. I definitely recommend.
it's not long lasting

on 8/20/2015 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is my holy grail (the waterproof one). I put it on in the morning, very easily and it lasts all day perfectly. No more expensive ones for me, I loooooove this one!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I always buy this eyeliner. The major reason is the low price. Although I don't use it solely - it tends to crack into visible pieces on my eyelid, so I always put it as a top coat on the Essence pencil eye liner. This combination creats a fuller eye makeup, doesn't look too neat and fake what eyeliners often do. Sometimes irritates eye corners.

on 4/5/2015 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have avoided Essence before because the packaging looks pretty cheap, and the prices ARE cheap. However, I was looking for a new eyeliner because my Stila one is just crap. I didn't want to waste NZ$20+ on another one that was the same. These are about NZ$5, i swatched it on the back of my hand and it looked just okay. I've never used a brush applicator before, I've always stuck to the pen types because I figured they would be much easier to use. Well, for me, now, I have found that was 100% wrong. This is SO much easier to apply a straight and even line and it gets right into my lash line. Black as can be, and this has lasted on my eyes. All my more expensive ones have always flaked or faded off especially on the wing part, this doesn't. I got the normal version, not the waterproof. From the reviews it looks like that one is better, and I might pick it up because the price is so great. Very impressed.

I bought the waterproof version of this and I loved it! It was really black and would not budge. I have oily eyelids and this didn't slip. Also, it really is waterproof! I use cleansing oil to remove this on my eyelids--real easy! I was so happy since it is dirt-cheap but delivers astounding results.

HOWEVER. On my second week, it starts to flake off! I don't know the reason why because I've never changed nor included anything new on my make-up routine :( We we're going along so well, Essence Liquid Ink Liner, and you had to mess that up :( It flakes like crazy by mid-day and the flakes go everywhere on my face, even my boyfriend and my MOM had commented on it.

Overall a good product but I just don't know why it keeps flaking off, I tried using a primer underneath it but to no avail. Will probably repurchase since its really cheap :) hehe