Essence Essence Liquid Ink Eyeliner

Essence Essence Liquid Ink Eyeliner

on 8/11/2017 9:28:00 AM

Waterproof One

Hmm. Surprised at the high rating. There are many things I like about it, but at the end of the day, it didn't do what I needed.

PROS
- price! Essence has great quality, affordable price
- brush and not felt tip offering - there are many felt pens out there and the accurate, beloved brush seems to be harder to find on the market

CONS
- staying power. At least for th waterproof one, it seems to stay when I first put it on, but it doesn't last through the day. It "flakes off" by the afternoon
- Colour on application - I Guess because it is in such liquid form (alcohol?), it's so vicious I have to apply multiple brush strokes
- brush length - too long. Due to the length, I actually found it difficult to control accurately. I did end up cutting the brush to a shorter length, and it seemed to work

All in all, not purchasing again until they change the formula. Kiko liquid eyeliner waterproof is still my HG.

on 6/15/2017 1:38:00 PM

I have this in the bronze shade. Easy to use, thin and precise applicator, really affordable. Stays on quite well.

on 6/15/2017 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I honestly didn't expect this eyeliner to be any good, it's just so dirty cheap, but I figured, what the hell, it wouldn't be a great loss since it costs next to nothing. Such a pleasant surprise, this little thing. Yesterday, I spent a 10+ hours long day at the office, plus about an hour of getting from point A to point B and vice versa - this liner Did. Not. Move. It did not smudge, it did not transfer on my (very oily) eyelids - it just stood in place until I removed it in the evening.
The only problem I have with this product is its brush - it's just a little too soft for my taste and I find it a little hard to apply a thin line with it. Other than that, I love it.
(p.s. This review is about the liner in the grey package, NOT the waterpoof option.)

on 4/3/2017 5:49:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My introduction with this brand happened 4 years ago,in Spain, when I found a real drugstore (we don't have drugstores in my country) and among other brands there was essence too. I was with my roomates,who grabbed a couple of things from other brands and I stumbled upon liquid ink.It was crazy affordable,I'm obsessed with eyeliners and cat-eyes anyways,so I gave a go to the waterproof liquid ink along with the felt tip pen one. I used the pen eyeliner but the colour was not that intense so I put that away and I completely forgot about the dip liner as well,without having tried it. Fast forward 4 months later,I was travelling by boat and I would return (also by boat) the very next day. So I used this liner that I had long forgotten...Made my cat-eye on a wednesday afternoon,travelled almost sleepless all night,spent thursday running around in the city,embarked the same afternoon only to be back on friday morning and the eyeliner was still put on its place. That was it,the ultimate test,I had it on for more than 24 hours and it was going strong.Since then I've gone through 5 or 6 tubes of it and also made my best friend an avid fan. I love its being pitch black,that it doesn't smudge or flake and the tip of the brush that is so so thin you can be insanely precise. I just bought 2 more tubes as a backup.

It's very easy to apply. The tip however is not very thin, so you have to be careful when applying.

on 6/4/2017 1:33:00 PM

essence is one of my favorite makeup brands because it always comes up with amazing quality products for extremely affordable price. this eyeliner is very pigmented, dark black and it doesn't flake or smudge and is extremely long lasting doesn't slip or slide away. the tip of the applicator is very fine and thin so that you can get a very precise line. overall this is an amazing product and I would highly recommend it.

I have the waterproof version of this product.
I do like this product for a beginner make up artist, it's an easy brush to use for first time eyeliner-applyers.
However I do find pigmentation on this product to be quite patchy and sometimes watery in places,
But what I dislike most, and I think this is due to the waterproof part in the formula, is the way it removes. It comes off in flakes and little chunks that can be painful if you get them in or around the sensitive skin of your eye. Also the packaging leaves something to be desired, you kind of need to "pull" on the cap to get the brush out, and if you're not careful you'll catapult the brush halfway across the room.

UPDATE: I changed my 'Would I buy this again' answer from a yes to a no. After a couple of more tries I realised just how crumbly this formula is when you rub it or take it off. It irritates my eyes and the skin around it so badly I will not be repurchasing this.

on 8/10/2016 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

When I first bought this eyeliner,I have to admit I was not expecting much.Who could,at such a low price? But when I tried it out at home,I found out it was one of the best eyeliners I had ever tried out! The brush is so convenient,as it makes the application of the product smooth and easier. The product is really pigmented,long-wearing and it dries out fast. Essence's 'Liquid Ink' eyeliner is one of the best products the brand owns!

on 2/16/2017 6:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm on my 7th tube of this and I'm NEVER going back to anything else. I've tried all kinds for more than 10 years now (ever since I was 14), MAC, Stila, Bobbi Brown, Maybelline, Guerlain, Wet n Wild - you name it, I've tried it. I have very oily eyelids; I don't even wear eyeshadow because nothing stays no matter what sort of primer I use, but this stays put ALL DAY.

It stays and doesn't budge when I've spent the whole day snowboarding on the alps, when I'm hiking through a rainforest in Bali, dancing the night away to Hardwell during AMF, lounging by Santa Monica beach in sweltering hot Californian summers, crying my eyes out during movie nights with my girlfriends - this eyeliner has been with me through it all. I would never EVER give this up. Would repurchase for the rest of my life even if they jack the price all the way up to $100. Please don't ever discontinue this!

This is the best eyeliner I've ever used and amazing for the price!

This is a black waterproof liquid eyeliner, I believe there are other colours and a non-waterproof version available.

The eyeliner comes with a tiny little brush applicator or you can use your own eyeliner brush. I find the brush it comes with is very easy to use and allows for really precise eye designs. It goes on really smoothly and quickly and is a nice dark black colour.

I haven't tested out how waterproof this product is but I can say that it is definitely long-lasting. I put this on every morning and it's still perfect by the end of the day and into the evening. Doesn't smudge, transfer or flake. The only thing I will say is that it does start to crack a little bit towards the end of the day where there is only a thin layer, for example, in the corner of the eye. This doesn't happen if you use primer though and really isn't a major problem.

Overall this is an incredible product for the price and I would recommend it to anyone. I have previously used a lot more expensive eyeliners and have found nothing that comes close to this, especially for under £3!