BeneFit Cosmetics Gimme brow

Gimme browGimme browGimme brow

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I never did anything with my brows until my friend dragged me to a Sephora, plopped me down in a makeup station chair, and announced to the artist/salesperson that I didn't believe in brows. He then asked me some questions and considered my coloring before demonstrating this product (in 3) on me. My first thought was that it felt very wet, but after he applied it, it looked natural and was simple to apply. He had me try the same thing on my other eyebrow and it came out looking pretty much the same as the one he'd done. I really like to use this on days when I don't want a lot of makeup with just some lip color. I will probably repurchase this, but I also want to try the essence brow product that everyone says is a dupe for this. The essence product is so much cheaper, and I don't have a lot of money to be throwing around on name-brand products if a drugstore brand works just as well.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I am doing a round up of the brow products I have used in the last year: Gimme Brow in both medium and deep.

Formula:
Gimme Brow is one of the best brow formulas I have used. It has such a nice consistency, it isn't too wet or dry. It sits perfectly in the middle. It has fibres, meaning that it can plump up the brow with small hair like particles which don't flake of. The colour also adheres nicely to both the skin and brow hair; it doesn't patch on your skin, and it doesn't clump in certain areas of the hair. As compared to other brow gels: Anastasia Beverly Hills coloured brow gels are way more wet and gloopy (ABH formula and never gets drier over time) whereas Benefit is more dry and workable, no gloopyness, Glossier is the most comparable formula however Glossier is more wet in consistency, and NYX Gel is more crispy when is dries and more wet on first application. However....Gimme Brows dries out super super quickly, I would say after 2 months? Whereas my glossier hasn't dried out and has lasted about 6 months! That is a major downside for this formula.

Colour:

I am blonde and low a dark ashy brow. For that medium isn't dark enough and is very warm toned. Dark is the best bet, it isn't too dark but it is way more ashy than medium. My brows are naturally really dark even though I am blonde. As compared to ABH, my colour in ABH Granite is way more ashy and grey toned which I love. As compared to Glossier, they are pretty identical in colours.

Packaging:

Loved the original external packaging, hate the new external packaging. Benefit is just so tacky looking, and I have said before they have packaging that would suggest its aimed at a younger market (bright and kinda plasticky) but then the price point is not applicable to a very younger market. I hate the silver and pink with the weird diamond top. The old packaging was better. But I can overlook it. The wand is the best I have used, I love it to get into the tail of the brow without putting product on the outside skin. I also love how it grips the hair to coat every hair (ABH wand is so big and doesn't do jack to cover the hairs as it doesn't grip. Also its too big and will get all over your skin as I said in that review). Very comparable to Glossier Boy Brow Wand (Glossier Packaging is better in my opinion).

Price:

Expensive for the amount of product you get. Comparable breakdown across my reviewed gels:

1.Gimme Brow $39 AUD for 3g = 13 dollars a gram
2. Glossier $21 AUD (converted from US) for 3.12g = 6.7 dollars a gram
3. NYX $9.95 AUD for 8.5g = 1.1 dollars a gram
4. Anastasia Beverly Hills $40 for 9g = 4.4 dollars a gram

So obviously NYX is the best value for money (my personal favourite clear brow gel). But for the coloured gels from higher brands ABH is the best, but my least favourite formula. Gimme brow is the most expensive and I would say that it isn't as good as Glossier overall. So you are better to spend less money there and get a little more product.

All in all, I think its great, but there is better cheaper options which is why I wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This product surpassed my expectations. It's pretty much like a mascara for your eyebrows. It volumizes them and holds them in place. My only problem is that the color range is extremely limited. The lightest shade is okay-ish in the summer, when my hair is lighter, but in the winter it makes my eyebrows look like they are covered in flour. The second darkest is too dark and too warm, and makes my eyebrows look orange. A shame, since formula wise, this product is fool proof.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I think this is good but it dries up fast but I like the concept here is a demo & review

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse

I've always had nearly black eyebrows, so all I needed to do was tweeze them underneath to get rid of a few strays.
Now I'm over 65, and a few random white hairs are appearing within the brows, but I don't want to pluck them...Perfect solution: Gimme Brows in Deep (shade #5), which has a little tiny fairy wand to deposit just the right amount of pigment onto the brows. One swipe and I'm done. If by any chance, my hand wavers a bit and I accidentally get the pigment onto my skin, it's easily removed with a Q tip, and a bit of water or micellar, and I'm off.....
BTW Does not flake off or irritate in any way. Holy grail for me!

on 6/11/2016 12:32:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

GO TO EYEBROW PRODUCT. I adore this and have been using it for years. It gives a very natural look but make sure to be careful of how much you apply when you first get it because their is a lot of product in the bottle and you may go a little over-board and make your eyebrows darker than you'd like. The product is a little pricey but i personally think it's worth it. It lasts a very long time and the application is easy and straight forward. Love this product! Highly recommend.

on 9/6/2015 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Nothing has compared to what this product does to my eyebrows. I've always trimmed my eyebrows to the point where I went too far one time. Well this product was my savior! While I've been trying to grow them back, gimme brows has given me my old, full eyebrows! Gimme brows is definitely buildable but one coat usually does the job. The design of the brush is perfect to comb through and the gel in the formula helps my eyebrows stay in place all day. Once I run out or if my eyebrows grow back to full, whichever comes first, I will still buy this product again!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this stuff and would have given it five stars, but the small amount versus the price -- $24.00 makes me reduce it to four stars. It really is annoying how tiny the amount is and I plan on complaining to Benefit Cosmetics, not that it will do any good I am sure !!!

For this reason, I try to not use it every day but it really is so easy to just swipe on. The little hairs add thickness and it adds color to your brows as well. Really good product.

HOWEVER, AND LISTEN UP LADIES, this does NOT fill in any empty spaces in your brows. So, I don't ever just use this product !! I always use Clinique 's Brow Pencil. The fine liner one in 02, soft brown, which is really the perfect dark ash brown. I don't know why it's called soft brown, the name is misleading. But for me , it is the the perfect match for my eyebrows. So Clinique's Brow Liner in 02 plus Benefit Gimme Brow in Dark give me awesome brows.
Lastly, I am hoping to dump both products in about 3 months since I started using Revitabrow last night for the first time !! It has excellent reviews so I am crossing my fingers. If I start growing eyebrow hairs again, maybe.....just maybe (?) I won't have to use either of these products anymore. Until then, Gimme Brow and Clinique.
OH ONE MORE THING... you can use a drop of saline to moisten the Gimme Brow when it starts to dry out. You can also use a couple drops of saline in your mascara to do the same thing. It works like a charm. !!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love this stuff. It's become my new go-to for my brows. It works much better for me than powders because it doesn't take nearly as long to apply, and it's easier to make your brows the same shape size with the applicator than it is with a brow brush. I have this in medium/deep, and it's perfect for my (almost) black brows. It stays on all day, and it comes off super easily with soap and water. Best of it, it looks natural. No red tint! Love, love, love. I just wish there were a bit more in the package!

on 2/16/2015 12:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really like this product. It has a nice color, the brush size is good for any brow thickness, and it makes your eyebrows look fuller. The only things I don't like about it are the price for the amount of product and goopiness. It doesn't start out goopy, I think it's just because the tube is so small and the product runs out so quickly that it gets really thick. I also wish this wasn't $22. It lasted me about three months which I guess is good since your supposed to replace eye products every 3 months (right?). Might repurchase, but I'll look for a dupe first

Popular Brows Products