benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber Gel

Filtered by hair type : Curly
benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber Gel
Gimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber GelGimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber GelGimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber Gel

4.1

on 11/29/2018 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I use this after applying kabrow . I have very thin brows not much hair and this plumps up whatever hairs I have , it’s like mascara for your brows . I got a sample and purchased full size. Very satisfied. I’ve used Estée Lauderd version of this which is good too but this one lasts longer on my slightly oilier skin. With the ready set brow it lasts all day. Without it I get some smudging end of day it wears off.

on 10/22/2018 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is amazing! It arrived today and I love it.
A few days ago I was in a store and the Benefit SA tried this on me. She used shade 3 and did one brow. She gave me the wand to do the other one myself. It is so easy to apply and looked great immediately. You can’t really make a mistake with it, which is good because I have no eyebrow shaping or pencilling in ability. I didn’t buy it there and then as I wasn’t looking for a brow product. I regretted not buying it tho. So I ordered it online.
I have medium thickness brows but a couple of areas are a bit sparse. This hides it and just makes my brows look so good and frames my face better. It does add the little fibres and volumise. It lasts, doesn’t smudge and looks so natural which is a must for me.
I will definitely buy again, I’m considering buying another just as backup!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really enjoy Benefit brow products, I love the Browvo brow primer, High brow highlight pencil, Precisely my brow & goof proof pencils & Ready se brow 24hr clear brow gel. However, this product (Gimme brow) is not for me. I think it makes my brows look almost dirty & dusty and makes them very stiff. It also makes it almost impossible to touch up your brows through the day. I much prefer the 24hr ready set brow clear gel that just gives my brows a much prettier more groomed appearance. I first prime using browvo then use Goof proof in 3 to get a basic shape on the outer two-thirds of my brow then a mixture of shades 3 & 4 of precisely my brow to create tiny hair like strokes. Comb through then set with Ready set brow clear gel. I have naturally full brows but with a small scar on one brow. I Really dislike this product I would not re purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I never did anything with my brows until my friend dragged me to a Sephora, plopped me down in a makeup station chair, and announced to the artist/salesperson that I didn't believe in brows. He then asked me some questions and considered my coloring before demonstrating this product (in 3) on me. My first thought was that it felt very wet, but after he applied it, it looked natural and was simple to apply. He had me try the same thing on my other eyebrow and it came out looking pretty much the same as the one he'd done. I really like to use this on days when I don't want a lot of makeup with just some lip color. I will probably repurchase this, but I also want to try the essence brow product that everyone says is a dupe for this. The essence product is so much cheaper, and I don't have a lot of money to be throwing around on name-brand products if a drugstore brand works just as well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

an easy go to brow product, quick and easy! lovin the formula and the packaging is adorable. But for this amount of product, its so damn expensive

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I am doing a round up of the brow products I have used in the last year: Gimme Brow in both medium and deep.

Formula:
Gimme Brow is one of the best brow formulas I have used. It has such a nice consistency, it isn't too wet or dry. It sits perfectly in the middle. It has fibres, meaning that it can plump up the brow with small hair like particles which don't flake of. The colour also adheres nicely to both the skin and brow hair; it doesn't patch on your skin, and it doesn't clump in certain areas of the hair. As compared to other brow gels: Anastasia Beverly Hills coloured brow gels are way more wet and gloopy (ABH formula and never gets drier over time) whereas Benefit is more dry and workable, no gloopyness, Glossier is the most comparable formula however Glossier is more wet in consistency, and NYX Gel is more crispy when is dries and more wet on first application. However....Gimme Brows dries out super super quickly, I would say after 2 months? Whereas my glossier hasn't dried out and has lasted about 6 months! That is a major downside for this formula.

Colour:

I am blonde and low a dark ashy brow. For that medium isn't dark enough and is very warm toned. Dark is the best bet, it isn't too dark but it is way more ashy than medium. My brows are naturally really dark even though I am blonde. As compared to ABH, my colour in ABH Granite is way more ashy and grey toned which I love. As compared to Glossier, they are pretty identical in colours.

Packaging:

Loved the original external packaging, hate the new external packaging. Benefit is just so tacky looking, and I have said before they have packaging that would suggest its aimed at a younger market (bright and kinda plasticky) but then the price point is not applicable to a very younger market. I hate the silver and pink with the weird diamond top. The old packaging was better. But I can overlook it. The wand is the best I have used, I love it to get into the tail of the brow without putting product on the outside skin. I also love how it grips the hair to coat every hair (ABH wand is so big and doesn't do jack to cover the hairs as it doesn't grip. Also its too big and will get all over your skin as I said in that review). Very comparable to Glossier Boy Brow Wand (Glossier Packaging is better in my opinion).

Price:

Expensive for the amount of product you get. Comparable breakdown across my reviewed gels:

1.Gimme Brow $39 AUD for 3g = 13 dollars a gram
2. Glossier $21 AUD (converted from US) for 3.12g = 6.7 dollars a gram
3. NYX $9.95 AUD for 8.5g = 1.1 dollars a gram
4. Anastasia Beverly Hills $40 for 9g = 4.4 dollars a gram

So obviously NYX is the best value for money (my personal favourite clear brow gel). But for the coloured gels from higher brands ABH is the best, but my least favourite formula. Gimme brow is the most expensive and I would say that it isn't as good as Glossier overall. So you are better to spend less money there and get a little more product.

All in all, I think its great, but there is better cheaper options which is why I wouldn't buy it again.

on 2/20/2017 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Very pricey fiber brow gel but it sure does hold your brows in place. It is true that the wand is small and the product is not clumpy, it's well-made. Is it worth the money? Maybe. I have decent enough brows that I use a retractable pencil to fill in sparse areas and run a spoolie through them to blend but on occasion I like to use a brow gel to hold them in place. I can't justify spending the money on this for only occasional use but if you need a gel that has added fibres and use this daily it is a good product that comes in a variety of shades.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This product surpassed my expectations. It's pretty much like a mascara for your eyebrows. It volumizes them and holds them in place. My only problem is that the color range is extremely limited. The lightest shade is okay-ish in the summer, when my hair is lighter, but in the winter it makes my eyebrows look like they are covered in flour. The second darkest is too dark and too warm, and makes my eyebrows look orange. A shame, since formula wise, this product is fool proof.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I think this is good but it dries up fast but I like the concept here is a demo & review

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Other

This wonderful product is back on the shelves, as of 2018, and still is as excellent as ever. I still find shade #5 to be perfect, that hasn't changed.
What I am doing a bit differently is to use Chanel Les Sourcis powder over the silver hairs I want to temporarily cover, and then use the Gimme Brow on top - it seems to make it adhere better. 5 stars still!
URGENT ALERT: 2017 This product has been voluntarily recalled by BeneFit cosmetics (this alert is posted on the FDA and Health Canada websites, so you know it is genuine). The product has been recalled from stores, which is why you can't get it anymore. My understanding is that some batches were contaminated, and although they are perfectly fine to use on eyebrows, there is however a danger if the product is misused on the eyelashes, where there could be a risk of infecting the eye if it were to be accidentally scratched.
Kudos to BeneFit for the voluntary recall; they have a website where you can get reimbursement of your purchase. No mention of the affected lot numbers, though.

I've always had nearly black eyebrows, so all I needed to do was tweeze them underneath to get rid of a few strays.
Now I'm over 65, and a few random white hairs are appearing within the brows, but I don't want to pluck them...Perfect solution: Gimme Brows in Deep (shade #5), which has a little tiny fairy wand to deposit just the right amount of pigment onto the brows. One swipe and I'm done. If by any chance, my hand wavers a bit and I accidentally get the pigment onto my skin, it's easily removed with a Q tip, and a bit of water or micellar, and I'm off.....
BTW Does not flake off or irritate in any way. Holy grail for me!