BeneFit Cosmetics Gimme brow

Gimme browGimme browGimme brow

4.1

on 10/12/2017 11:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I definitely liked the product, I ordered a sample online when BeneFit was giving them out. I got the lightest shade, I'm fair skinned with pink/neutral undertones and freckles. The color was a little cool toned for me, but using it was absolutely effortless. It also stays extremely well throughout the day with me poking and prodding at my eyebrows absentmindedly during the day.
The main cons and reasons I won't repurchase are the following :

1 - Price.
32$ Canadian (+tax) for a tube is far beyond what I'm willing to pay for a brow peoduct when the essence dupe for this is under 5$ plus tax.

2 - Scent.
While some might not notice, I was weirded out and generally annoyed by the fact that this product is scented. I caught whiffs of it for about an hour after putting it on, even after it was dry. It just seemed strange that my brow product of all things needed to be scented.

3 - Handle shape
Personally I found the handle to be kind of awkwardly shaped. Mind you, I only have the sample size to work with. I can only assume the full size is easier to hold because it's bigger, but it still seems a bit awkward.

All in all the product itself is good and does the job, but I won't be springing for the full size.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this brow gel. It totally amps up the size of my brows. I don't usually use any other brow makeup with it. The only issue I have is the tube is so small, and I feel like I have to buy more every month when I use it daily.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Good eyebrow products are so hard to find. Most of them smear of fade at some point in the day. I'm always struggling with pencils, not anymore! This is pretty much gonna look the same way all day as it did as when you put it on in the morning. It's very blendable and sticks good to brows and skin. My qualm is the spoolie brush is good, it just doesn't help getting precise lines, so I carry a brush to use to draw them on a bit better. Will keep buying!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use this in #1 on my darkblonde brows and over other products just to set the brow and it works fine. But honestly I don't mind spending money on beauty products it's kinda my hobby but at 28 euro's lets be honest this is overpriced. And I think the Essence Make me Brow in the lightest shade is a pretty good dupe!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pricey but worth it! This has become my go-to one-and-done brow product. I have brows that are thick in some areas and sparse in others, and this brow product does a great job at tackling both areas. It has just enough pigment to fill in and bulk up the sparser areas of my brows yet not so much that I can overdo it and make my eyebrows look like they've been colored in with markers. The end result is always very natural looking and it lasts all day without smearing, smudging or flaking!

I love that the texture of this product is drier/more mousse like than a lot of the brow gels I've tried. That texture makes it easy to control where the product goes as it doesn't spread or move around during application. The packaging itself also helps on this point, as the wiper on the neck of the tube does a really good job at removing excess product. The applicator also helps you stay neat, as it's tiny with a pointed head that makes it easy to maneuver even the slimmest parts of your brow.

I can't say enough good things about the product. The only flaw I can think of (besides its price!) is that it only comes in three shades. This isn't an issue for me as Shade 3 is a perfect match for my brows, but I imagine that there will be plenty of people (particularly redheads) who won't be able to find an adequate color match for this product. The shade range seems like it'd work best for people with dark hair, brown hair and darker shades of blonde.

This is hands down my most favourite brow discovery this year. I know, Gimme Brow is not a new product really, but it is up there in price, so I was unsure whether it would make any difference at all.

This is not your typical brow gel; I would say that it is more like that cherry on top of a cake, if you know what I mean. Once you have filled in your brows with a pencil, you can use Gimme Brow right on top to add a bit more volume and define every little hair. If you are naturally gifted and have great brows, which might need a bit more definition, then you can use this brow gel alone and it will last all day. I talk more about how I use it here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/07/04/Products-Worth-The-Hype-Summer-2017) but all in all, I will be definitely buying it again.

on 5/15/2017 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm impressed with this! My brows are thin and sparse. I received 2 samples of this in a break in half container from beauty boxes. The first one was great, the second, an epic fail. When I had 20% off from Ulta, I purchased the full size, color 3, medium I think. I apply lightly, change to the tip for the tails of my brows, and go back and do one more swipe over the wider section. Pressure is crucial-start lightly! I like to keep a q-tip on hand to clean up any random glops. Then, after a few minutes I brush through with a clean brow brush. So cool! It seems to last a long time, and although it's pricey, it's difficult for me to get a pretty, bigger brow from a pencil.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was unprepared to like this--being unimpressed when it came out of the package. A very brush and it seems pricey for the amount. I got Medium and was worried it would be too reddish but--it's a neutral mid brown and though I have dark hair and brows, because my skin is fair, I never use the darkest brow shade. Well, it's very natural looking. Rather than filling in with powder, which is my normal method, it left my brows thicker but you can see hairs, not powder color behind them. Very effective. The small brush lets me do the ends of the brow where it's thinner and you want control. All in all, beats many brow products and works well.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I am doing a round up of the brow products I have used in the last year: Gimme Brow in both medium and deep.

Formula:
Gimme Brow is one of the best brow formulas I have used. It has such a nice consistency, it isn't too wet or dry. It sits perfectly in the middle. It has fibres, meaning that it can plump up the brow with small hair like particles which don't flake of. The colour also adheres nicely to both the skin and brow hair; it doesn't patch on your skin, and it doesn't clump in certain areas of the hair. As compared to other brow gels: Anastasia Beverly Hills coloured brow gels are way more wet and gloopy (ABH formula and never gets drier over time) whereas Benefit is more dry and workable, no gloopyness, Glossier is the most comparable formula however Glossier is more wet in consistency, and NYX Gel is more crispy when is dries and more wet on first application. However....Gimme Brows dries out super super quickly, I would say after 2 months? Whereas my glossier hasn't dried out and has lasted about 6 months! That is a major downside for this formula.

Colour:

I am blonde and low a dark ashy brow. For that medium isn't dark enough and is very warm toned. Dark is the best bet, it isn't too dark but it is way more ashy than medium. My brows are naturally really dark even though I am blonde. As compared to ABH, my colour in ABH Granite is way more ashy and grey toned which I love. As compared to Glossier, they are pretty identical in colours.

Packaging:

Loved the original external packaging, hate the new external packaging. Benefit is just so tacky looking, and I have said before they have packaging that would suggest its aimed at a younger market (bright and kinda plasticky) but then the price point is not applicable to a very younger market. I hate the silver and pink with the weird diamond top. The old packaging was better. But I can overlook it. The wand is the best I have used, I love it to get into the tail of the brow without putting product on the outside skin. I also love how it grips the hair to coat every hair (ABH wand is so big and doesn't do jack to cover the hairs as it doesn't grip. Also its too big and will get all over your skin as I said in that review). Very comparable to Glossier Boy Brow Wand (Glossier Packaging is better in my opinion).

Price:

Expensive for the amount of product you get. Comparable breakdown across my reviewed gels:

1.Gimme Brow $39 AUD for 3g = 13 dollars a gram
2. Glossier $21 AUD (converted from US) for 3.12g = 6.7 dollars a gram
3. NYX $9.95 AUD for 8.5g = 1.1 dollars a gram
4. Anastasia Beverly Hills $40 for 9g = 4.4 dollars a gram

So obviously NYX is the best value for money (my personal favourite clear brow gel). But for the coloured gels from higher brands ABH is the best, but my least favourite formula. Gimme brow is the most expensive and I would say that it isn't as good as Glossier overall. So you are better to spend less money there and get a little more product.

All in all, I think its great, but there is better cheaper options which is why I wouldn't buy it again.

on 2/20/2017 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very pricey fiber brow gel but it sure does hold your brows in place. It is true that the wand is small and the product is not clumpy, it's well-made. Is it worth the money? Maybe. I have decent enough brows that I use a retractable pencil to fill in sparse areas and run a spoolie through them to blend but on occasion I like to use a brow gel to hold them in place. I can't justify spending the money on this for only occasional use but if you need a gel that has added fibres and use this daily it is a good product that comes in a variety of shades.

Popular Brows Products