BeneFit Cosmetics Gimme brow

Filtered by skin type : Dry
BeneFit Cosmetics Gimme brow
Gimme browGimme browGimme brow

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use this in #1 on my darkblonde brows and over other products just to set the brow and it works fine. But honestly I don't mind spending money on beauty products it's kinda my hobby but at 28 euro's lets be honest this is overpriced. And I think the Essence Make me Brow in the lightest shade is a pretty good dupe!

I avoided Gimme Brow for a long time because I was afraid it wouldn't work for my brows. The front of my brows are very thick and dense while my tails are thin and sparse. Gimme Brow is described as a "volumizing fiber gel." I figured those fibers wouldn't latch onto my sparse tails but instead fill up the front of my brows, making them unbalanced. I decided to take a chance on Gimme Brow and I'm so glad that I did. This is my current favorite brow product. I've already gone through two!

Gimme Brow is easy to use. I just comb it through like a normal brow gel. I do take some time to focus extra product onto my tails. If my tails are looking extra sparse, I'll actually press the brush onto the skin to deposit extra color. This can get messy if I'm not careful, but I normally have no issues. The result is very natural.

I usually have to layer a clear brow gel on top of this. As much as I love Gimme Brow, I will admit that this has very little hold on my crazy brows. I use the clear Brow and Lash Mascara from ELF.

This routine literally takes me a minute, if even that. I'm very happy with how my brows look when I use this product. It's a bit pricey at $24 but I feel like it lasts a while. It dries out like a mascara but the product still works well even when it's thick and dry. Highly recommend!

This is hands down my most favourite brow discovery this year. I know, Gimme Brow is not a new product really, but it is up there in price, so I was unsure whether it would make any difference at all.

This is not your typical brow gel; I would say that it is more like that cherry on top of a cake, if you know what I mean. Once you have filled in your brows with a pencil, you can use Gimme Brow right on top to add a bit more volume and define every little hair. If you are naturally gifted and have great brows, which might need a bit more definition, then you can use this brow gel alone and it will last all day. I talk more about how I use it here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/07/04/Products-Worth-The-Hype-Summer-2017) but all in all, I will be definitely buying it again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was unprepared to like this--being unimpressed when it came out of the package. A very brush and it seems pricey for the amount. I got Medium and was worried it would be too reddish but--it's a neutral mid brown and though I have dark hair and brows, because my skin is fair, I never use the darkest brow shade. Well, it's very natural looking. Rather than filling in with powder, which is my normal method, it left my brows thicker but you can see hairs, not powder color behind them. Very effective. The small brush lets me do the ends of the brow where it's thinner and you want control. All in all, beats many brow products and works well.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I am doing a round up of the brow products I have used in the last year: Gimme Brow in both medium and deep.

Formula:
Gimme Brow is one of the best brow formulas I have used. It has such a nice consistency, it isn't too wet or dry. It sits perfectly in the middle. It has fibres, meaning that it can plump up the brow with small hair like particles which don't flake of. The colour also adheres nicely to both the skin and brow hair; it doesn't patch on your skin, and it doesn't clump in certain areas of the hair. As compared to other brow gels: Anastasia Beverly Hills coloured brow gels are way more wet and gloopy (ABH formula and never gets drier over time) whereas Benefit is more dry and workable, no gloopyness, Glossier is the most comparable formula however Glossier is more wet in consistency, and NYX Gel is more crispy when is dries and more wet on first application. However....Gimme Brows dries out super super quickly, I would say after 2 months? Whereas my glossier hasn't dried out and has lasted about 6 months! That is a major downside for this formula.

Colour:

I am blonde and low a dark ashy brow. For that medium isn't dark enough and is very warm toned. Dark is the best bet, it isn't too dark but it is way more ashy than medium. My brows are naturally really dark even though I am blonde. As compared to ABH, my colour in ABH Granite is way more ashy and grey toned which I love. As compared to Glossier, they are pretty identical in colours.

Packaging:

Loved the original external packaging, hate the new external packaging. Benefit is just so tacky looking, and I have said before they have packaging that would suggest its aimed at a younger market (bright and kinda plasticky) but then the price point is not applicable to a very younger market. I hate the silver and pink with the weird diamond top. The old packaging was better. But I can overlook it. The wand is the best I have used, I love it to get into the tail of the brow without putting product on the outside skin. I also love how it grips the hair to coat every hair (ABH wand is so big and doesn't do jack to cover the hairs as it doesn't grip. Also its too big and will get all over your skin as I said in that review). Very comparable to Glossier Boy Brow Wand (Glossier Packaging is better in my opinion).

Price:

Expensive for the amount of product you get. Comparable breakdown across my reviewed gels:

1.Gimme Brow $39 AUD for 3g = 13 dollars a gram
2. Glossier $21 AUD (converted from US) for 3.12g = 6.7 dollars a gram
3. NYX $9.95 AUD for 8.5g = 1.1 dollars a gram
4. Anastasia Beverly Hills $40 for 9g = 4.4 dollars a gram

So obviously NYX is the best value for money (my personal favourite clear brow gel). But for the coloured gels from higher brands ABH is the best, but my least favourite formula. Gimme brow is the most expensive and I would say that it isn't as good as Glossier overall. So you are better to spend less money there and get a little more product.

All in all, I think its great, but there is better cheaper options which is why I wouldn't buy it again.

on 2/20/2017 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very pricey fiber brow gel but it sure does hold your brows in place. It is true that the wand is small and the product is not clumpy, it's well-made. Is it worth the money? Maybe. I have decent enough brows that I use a retractable pencil to fill in sparse areas and run a spoolie through them to blend but on occasion I like to use a brow gel to hold them in place. I can't justify spending the money on this for only occasional use but if you need a gel that has added fibres and use this daily it is a good product that comes in a variety of shades.

on 2/18/2017 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I tried this in Shade 1 - Light (blonde, cool). The color was actually lighter than my natural brows (I'm blonde, NC25), which was a first for me. I've never been comfortable with too dark or heavy eyebrows, the Joan Crawford/Madonna look doesn't suit me (although I am a fan of Jenna Coleman's taupe caterpillars). I like this product because it does stick to the brow hairs, like the mascara-wand type applicator. It's doesn't smear or rub off. However, it just coats the eyebrows and colors them, it doesn't really make a brow where none exists. If you're happy with what nature gave you, this is a nice, if expensive, product. If you need a bit of fill-in, keep looking.

on 1/24/2017 6:24:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I bought the mini version of this at Ulta, and I'm glad I gave it a try! The teeny brush is easy to maneuver, the color is just right (I can't read it off the tube, but when I repurchase I'll figure it out. It's taupe-y).

Here is my eyebrow story: I am in my mid-40s and I never bothered with my brows at all in my teens. Sometime in my 20s my mother held me down and made me pluck. And I continued with that until, about 10 years ago, it became unnecessary. Almost all the stray hairs were gone for good, and I had nice thin arched brows.

But you know how they say you can tell a woman's age by how she does her eyebrows? Totally true. So when fuller brows came back in style (at the same time mine were naturally thinning out from age), I decided to try a new approach. I've now tried powder, pencils, pencil pomade, and this Benefit product. All have worked well, but this is the easiest.

I don't need Groucho Marx (or Cara Delevigne) brows, but I think it really does frame my face and make me look younger when I define my brows. I will repurchase! I am glad they made this little mini available!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This product surpassed my expectations. It's pretty much like a mascara for your eyebrows. It volumizes them and holds them in place. My only problem is that the color range is extremely limited. The lightest shade is okay-ish in the summer, when my hair is lighter, but in the winter it makes my eyebrows look like they are covered in flour. The second darkest is too dark and too warm, and makes my eyebrows look orange. A shame, since formula wise, this product is fool proof.

on 10/27/2016 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I loved this! I got it in a Birchbox, and the sample had really cute packaging. This is my first brow mascara, and I though Benefit Cosmetics nailed it! The color (medium) is perfect for my brows (they are rather dark even though my skin is pale, and they are much darker than my hair). The wand looks like a mascara wand, but smaller, so the precision is wonderful. The wand is also made of wire and the bristles are soft, so it coats all the hairs but is very gentle on the face. It adds a natural but noticeable difference to my brows and lasts all day, keeping them nice. It feels okay on my face, sometimes a bit sticky but mostly a good texture. Overall, this would have to be my holy grail brow product, since the only problem I have with it is the price!

Popular Brows Products