BeneFit Cosmetics Gimme brow

4.3

on 11/17/2017 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I must confess that when it comes to eyebrow mascara, by heart belongs to Maybelline's Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara. It's ball-topped brush is perfect to groom and fluff up my thick, long and feathery if not sometimes messy brows. Benefit's Gimme Brow has a more basic brush that has a habit of getting product on the skin under the brow hairs, something that I hate and I find nearly impossible with the ball brush from Maybelline.

It is a matter of taste really, as I prefer to keep my brows feathery, with one being able to see individual hairs all combed together to great thick, arched brows which is the effect given from Maybelline. Gimme Brow, on the other hand fills in the hairs with the fibers so after it is hard to see individual hairs which I thought I wanted but actually miss, making my brows almost look drawn on. I do love this product, however to fill in a single but noticeable area on each side of my brows where the longs hairs kind of clump together leaving spaces that almost look like scars in the way the skin shows through the brows. For the same reasons why people cut their grass - shorter grass looks thicker - I find my long eyebrow hairs can look less thick in some areas, a situation not to my liking.

Gimme Brows does a great job of filling these areas in a way that is seamless. For this reason I wear it every day to fill certain areas. All over would be too much for the feathery look I enjoy but I find this product the only thing that fills these areas without much effort. For those who want filled in brows without skin showing between their hairs will really appreciate the ease of the mascara as well, possibly becoming a HG brow mascara for them.

It is also worth nothing thatI love to use the ball from Maybelline to fluff out the hairs closest to between my eyes to get brows as close to Frida Kahlo as possible. The mascara brush from Benefit can't do this or it will smear all over my face, another reason why I use Gimme Brow to spot correct, but is does a great job at this and I will continue to but this for a very long time.

on 5/26/2016 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Try for a quick review. Fantastic. Great sized bristle brush for brows, tames brow's and set's them in place, long lasting,(not waterproof and I need a re-touch a few hours later), it blends in very well with my brow hair.

My only con's are more color's needed, (lighter for me and I'm sure much darker for others...not to mention perhap's a gray, auburn etc.) and the cost is ABSURD for such a tiny little tube of brow mascara, it's about the same price of a Lancôme mascara which is about 3 times the size.

As it stand now I would repurchase because it is so incredibly efficient when you only have a few seconds to tend your brows and for that reason it's a great friend, as you really can only use this,(granted you don't have over-plucked or shaved brows), alone without a pencil or powder. It's a great all in one and travel friendly. I am an eyebrow product lover and very finicky with brow products so, this get's high marks in my book. Still awaiting for European/American cosmetic co.'s to get on the Asian band wagon in the eyebrow product department.....They really blow everyone out of the water with the excellence in color's and presentation, use of products for brows. Cheers :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Fantastic product. Fills in and holds the shape of your eyebrows. Can easily apply as much or as little as you want. Only complaint is that I wish when the wand came out of the tube the product was more evenly distributed on the brush, I often have to wipe off build-up on the ends of the wand before applying.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I was walking thru the makeup dept at a local store and a salewoman asked if I would like to try this product. After purchasing many products that I didn't like in the past, I said "sure, why not?" Boy, am I glad I did. This product darkened my brows and made them look like they did when I was in my 20's (I'm 63 now). You just brush it on,and your brows look sooo natural. They matched my hair color exactly, and when you look in a magnifying mirror you can't see anything but the hair. I will never use anything else.

on 1/12/2015 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have super thick eyebrows already and this product just left clumps until I used a spooly to brush them out. Feel like it didn't make a difference.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Tinted gel contains microfibers that pull hair in as to make it natural looking for longest-blooming colors won't fade , isn't cheapest but will rebuy because it works for me and last time.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is my favourite brow product. I have naturally sparse and light eyebrows and I find this product is easy to apply, builds volume as you wear it (apply and then check back a little while later - brows actually look fuller, not just darker). I prefer this over pencils or powders any day! It isn't cheap, but it is a great product. Will defs be repurchasing!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have light brown hair and purchased this in medium/dark as the lighter shade had sold out and I'm glad to have the darker shade. The color is buildable and I prefer to have my brows be a brown shade rather than say ash blonde. If I run one coat over my brows I get a very natural medium brown that I think pretty much anyone that doesn't have very light brows can sport. Additional coat darken and thicken the brows but no matter how much I apply I have to say the are extremely natural looking. No one notices I am using something in my brows and it solves a few issues I have with uneven brow shapes and scars which leave no hair. Usually I use my BECCA brush which does brows and powder liner, my BECCA brow powder in I think the darkest shade they make (it is a very natural cosmetic line so I think other lines would have even darker, more noticable shades) and then the BECCA brow gel. This makes nice brows that look usually natural, sometimes I mess up and get too much powder going on and 3 steps adds up to more than I want to deal with and lets not forget the spoolly I run over the brows sometimes to lighten overapplication. Powders generally don't look natural over the bare, scar areas and pencils look incredibly bad when you are trying to hide this and then make your brows look fairly similar. Okay, so pretty much I have brow issues and I was sick one day and paused on some type of shopping network and saw a demo of the product. Benefit and I do not have a great track record. There is a lot of me really liking the idea and the packaging but in practice it does not work for me (like their real mascara, I must be the only person is clumps on and I always poke myself in the eye when I do the second step with the brush facing tip up). Gimme Brow with it's grabbing fibers sounded pretty awesome but I didn't bite. A few weeks later it showed up online at Sephora, the light shade I thought would be for me sold out, so I gave the medium brown a try (it was a particularly bad brow week and I was growing back a mistake I made and really wanted help). The product is tiny, shockingly so. It's the size of a small GWP mascara. I'm surprised people do not remark on it because I thought $22 for this? Who are we kidding? And it's Benefit not a high end department store brand but a mid level. The brush is a tiny tiny cone shape and following the instructions you start at the inner brow and work outward, I did smudge it below my arch but practice has fixed that and I have to say this is the best product I have used for my brows hands down, ever. And I have tried a lot. It's one step, it's fast, it hides the bald areas, adds hair in naturally thin areas so my brow look uniform, adds great color and holds the shape I set them in. It's helped me shape them so my eyes are framed perfectly and it helps to define my nose better and honestly frame my face just right. I hate the size and price, it's a rip off. But using 3 products is an even worse rip off and this looks natural, always very natural even with a bunch of coats. If you have issues with scars and shape and any of the things I mentioned, this is pretty awesome. I think it possible may dry out quickly, I do wonder if I'm noticing that correctly, but overall this has made my routine and maintenance a snap and given me what I have hoped to achieve naturally but could not. Love it, hope they increase the tube size!

Popular Brows Products