BeneFit Cosmetics Gimme brow

BeneFit Cosmetics Gimme brow
Gimme browGimme browGimme brow

4.3

on 9/15/2017 11:44:00 PM

Before I start, my brow background: My brows are pretty dark (I use Shade #3, the darkest one) and relatively thick. Sometimes the brow hairs have a mind of their own and like to go in different directions.

PROS:
- Shapes them beautifully and puts all the hairs perfectly in place
- The product stays put all day/night
- Doesn't feel crunchy
- Doesn't make my brows look TOO dense or overdone, but definitely would fill in sparser areas for thinner brows

CONS:
- Price
- Not a lot of shade options

Lastly, this isn't really a con for me but might be for some: this isn't going to give you an ultra sharp "Instagram brow" with any harsh lines. I personally like that about it but every person/look is different!

I avoided Gimme Brow for a long time because I was afraid it wouldn't work for my brows. The front of my brows are very thick and dense while my tails are thin and sparse. Gimme Brow is described as a "volumizing fiber gel." I figured those fibers wouldn't latch onto my sparse tails but instead fill up the front of my brows, making them unbalanced. I decided to take a chance on Gimme Brow and I'm so glad that I did. This is my current favorite brow product. I've already gone through two!

Gimme Brow is easy to use. I just comb it through like a normal brow gel. I do take some time to focus extra product onto my tails. If my tails are looking extra sparse, I'll actually press the brush onto the skin to deposit extra color. This can get messy if I'm not careful, but I normally have no issues. The result is very natural.

I usually have to layer a clear brow gel on top of this. As much as I love Gimme Brow, I will admit that this has very little hold on my crazy brows. I use the clear Brow and Lash Mascara from ELF.

This routine literally takes me a minute, if even that. I'm very happy with how my brows look when I use this product. It's a bit pricey at $24 but I feel like it lasts a while. It dries out like a mascara but the product still works well even when it's thick and dry. Highly recommend!

Really enjoying this brow renaissance while it lasts for 2 reasons. One, when I was little I was ashamed of my brows and now I get to feel like they're cool. Always nice. Two, brows are really fierce and androgynous and I love the possibility that brow makeup adds to putting together your face. For me, makeup is best when allows you not just the ability to be beautiful but the ability to define beautiful and have control over your own idea of what beauty is. Brows hit that mark for me. I love this brow gel because It's never goopy, smudgy, chunky, or crunchy. It's flexible and rich and gives you amped up brows without looking messy or harsh. It doesn't feel like you're just applying mascara to your eyebrows. The little tube lasts forever, too.

on 2/18/2017 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I tried this in Shade 1 - Light (blonde, cool). The color was actually lighter than my natural brows (I'm blonde, NC25), which was a first for me. I've never been comfortable with too dark or heavy eyebrows, the Joan Crawford/Madonna look doesn't suit me (although I am a fan of Jenna Coleman's taupe caterpillars). I like this product because it does stick to the brow hairs, like the mascara-wand type applicator. It's doesn't smear or rub off. However, it just coats the eyebrows and colors them, it doesn't really make a brow where none exists. If you're happy with what nature gave you, this is a nice, if expensive, product. If you need a bit of fill-in, keep looking.

on 2/16/2017 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Love it! My eyebrows seem to be getting sparser every year (sob) and this is perfect for filling in the gaps and offering a bit more definition to their shape. It's knocked a few minutes off my morning makeup regimen which is always appreciated and, whilst not being the cheapest product, it lasts a very long time since you don't need to use much.

I just adore this product. I seriously can't live without it. For reference I'm around MAC NC15 and I have dark brown hair and hazel eyes and I can use Gimme Brow in shades 3 and 5. I've tried so many other brow gels before and this is definitely the best one. It tints, fills my brows and holds them in place all day long. It's pricey, but it lasts forever. A little goes a long way with this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have been using this product for about two years now, and I'm on my third one. I'm shade 5 in the new packaging which I believe is equivalent to medium/deep in the old, and I don't notice any difference in the colours. My eyebrow hairs are black but are fairly sparse especially near the ends. Very-filled in eyebrows look horrid on me and I look better with a more subtle and softer brow look. I use this every single day for a very natural look on it's own, and the reason I love it is because of the great cool-toned colour. Ladies with very dark brown or black hair will know that cool-toned eyebrow products just look more natural, and eyebrow products that are warm-toned or have red in them just look off and strange. Cool-toned eyebrow products are very few and far between. On it's own, this gives the brows a very soft natural look, holds all the hairs in place and plumps them up, and deposits some colour to the skin underneath. It can amp up whatever brow product you use underneath for a stronger look. This is my HG brow product for everyday use. If I use a brow product underneath, it is the Hourglass Arch brow pencil in Soft Brunette which is the perfect cool-toned colour. I will continue to repurchase this, I may eventually check out the Essence version which is supposed to be a dupe and would probably work great for most people but if the colour is any warmer than the Benefit I wouldn't like it because for my colouring I really need a cool-toned brown.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This product surpassed my expectations. It's pretty much like a mascara for your eyebrows. It volumizes them and holds them in place. My only problem is that the color range is extremely limited. The lightest shade is okay-ish in the summer, when my hair is lighter, but in the winter it makes my eyebrows look like they are covered in flour. The second darkest is too dark and too warm, and makes my eyebrows look orange. A shame, since formula wise, this product is fool proof.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I think this is good but it dries up fast but I like the concept here is a demo & review

on 11/15/2016 5:54:00 PM

I love gimme brow! It fills in brows beautifully, keeping them natural looking! My only complaint is that the lighter shade can look too ashy sometimes.

Popular Brows Products