benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber Gel

Filtered by skin tone : Other
benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber Gel
Gimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber GelGimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber GelGimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber Gel

3.8

on 11/17/2017 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I must confess that when it comes to eyebrow mascara, by heart belongs to Maybelline's Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara. It's ball-topped brush is perfect to groom and fluff up my thick, long and feathery if not sometimes messy brows. Benefit's Gimme Brow has a more basic brush that has a habit of getting product on the skin under the brow hairs, something that I hate and I find nearly impossible with the ball brush from Maybelline.

It is a matter of taste really, as I prefer to keep my brows feathery, with one being able to see individual hairs all combed together to great thick, arched brows which is the effect given from Maybelline. Gimme Brow, on the other hand fills in the hairs with the fibers so after it is hard to see individual hairs which I thought I wanted but actually miss, making my brows almost look drawn on. I do love this product, however to fill in a single but noticeable area on each side of my brows where the longs hairs kind of clump together leaving spaces that almost look like scars in the way the skin shows through the brows. For the same reasons why people cut their grass - shorter grass looks thicker - I find my long eyebrow hairs can look less thick in some areas, a situation not to my liking.

Gimme Brows does a great job of filling these areas in a way that is seamless. For this reason I wear it every day to fill certain areas. All over would be too much for the feathery look I enjoy but I find this product the only thing that fills these areas without much effort. For those who want filled in brows without skin showing between their hairs will really appreciate the ease of the mascara as well, possibly becoming a HG brow mascara for them.

It is also worth nothing thatI love to use the ball from Maybelline to fluff out the hairs closest to between my eyes to get brows as close to Frida Kahlo as possible. The mascara brush from Benefit can't do this or it will smear all over my face, another reason why I use Gimme Brow to spot correct, but is does a great job at this and I will continue to but this for a very long time.

It is awesome and makes defining my eyebrows easy peasy. It is a very small tube, before using this I used to buy a max factor waterproof mascara in a brown to define my brows. I use this alone or in conjunction with Benefit 's ka Brow which is also fantastic alone or together.

on 11/14/2013 10:38:00 AM

This product is not water resistant ...give it a try next time you are in a store.. put some on your hand and spray a little water on it and rub it... it comes off easily with little effort. I feel all brow products should be waterproof. As a makeup artist that is the first thing I do with all brow products, I see if they stand up to the water test... who wants their finished brows to rub off half way through the day from a little perspiration... just an observation.

on 11/10/2013 4:42:00 AM

Best eyebrow product ever! it looks so natural and beautiful , only bad thing is the price tag and maybe it could have a better packaging .

This is a new brow gel that has fibers to bulk up your brows and give them a fuller look. At this time it comes in 2 colors, light or dark. It looks like a mini mascara, however the wand is like an extremely short tiny mascara wand. It was 22.00 and you get a very small amount of product. That is the worst part. I wish for the price it was at least double the size. It really does work however, and grabs on to brows that are sparse, and add some color and volume similar to how mascara plumps up your lashes. the tricky part is that...you have to have absolutely no hairs that need to be tweezed as it grabs on to those as well, darkens and thickens unwanted hairs. I'm sure with practice that could be avoided, it just happens to me at this time since I am not used to using a product like this. I was using brow wiz and sometimes a powder. I think it may work better in combination with something else as using this alone doesn't provide as defined brows as pencil. I do like it and believe I would repurchase.

Popular Brows Products