BeneFit Cosmetics Gimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber Gel

BeneFit Cosmetics Gimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber Gel
Gimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber GelGimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber GelGimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber Gel

4.1

on 11/14/2013 10:38:00 AM

This product is not water resistant ...give it a try next time you are in a store.. put some on your hand and spray a little water on it and rub it... it comes off easily with little effort. I feel all brow products should be waterproof. As a makeup artist that is the first thing I do with all brow products, I see if they stand up to the water test... who wants their finished brows to rub off half way through the day from a little perspiration... just an observation.

on 10/18/2013 11:26:00 AM

Miracle in a tiny bottle! This is like a pushup bra for your eyebrows!

I have really sad eyebrows. I have a good shape to my brows but they are sparse, and the tail of my brows end too short. Consequently, I need to fill them in everyday. I'm asian so my hairs are black but because they are sparse they are not VERY black. I also prefer a more natural finish to a very dark drawn in kind of look. So basically, this is just what the doctor ordered.

I bought the color Light/Medium because I wanted something that I could pull off when I want a no-makeup look (but I think I can pull off the darker shade if too if that were my preference). I agree with some people that I don't really see the little fibers, but this stuff definitely works. It just fills them in so naturally. The tiny brush is great for detail work. The product is buildable so you can decide how full you want it to look. I won't say that you can go from sparse brow to "Cara" brows but you will see a major improvement. It doesn't leave your eyebrow hairs looking gunked up with product and it doesn't leave any obvious sharp lines. You can use the tip of the brush to kind of outline your brow shape, and then brush it out. If I want a more defined brow, I go back in with a little bit of brow powder in the spots that need it. Its much more natural than any pencil or powder. The other thing that's great about this stuff is that it doesn't really budge and is long wearing. I don't have to worry about losing my eyebrows during the day! I haven't tested out the water resistant aspect of it, but I do notice that its a bit difficult to take off with Bioderma at the end of the day so I would expect it would fair well against water.

The one downside to this product is the price tag!! Its 26$CAD for such a tiny tube. I think (hope) it'll last a while. Personally one dip of the brush is usually enough for each brow.

Despite my gripe with the price tag, this is one of those innovations that I'm extremely excited about. My sparse brow people, this is a must try!

on 3/27/2014 4:52:00 PM

This product is a RIP OFF in my opinion. I ordered it a while back from Sephora and was very disappointed when it came - mainly because of the size. It's the size of a sample tube of mascara, like what you would get in a free gift. For what it costs I think there should be more product. As for the actual product, I don't think it's any better than any other brow gels I have tried, so I will purchase a less expensive one going forward.

on 12/30/2013 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Fantastic product. I overplucked my eyebrows as a teenager and they have never grown back. I have tried the products to "grow" eye brow hair and I did get some colourless hair grow but have always had to use a pencil to fill in and give definition. I have tried various pencils, paint on creams and had even contemplated tattoos.
When I saw an advertisement in benefits shop window I went in to try, it is amazing, I have eyebrows again, I love it, and it's so easy and quick to use. I find applying from above works best so some wrist dexterity is needed. The reviews I read said they doubted it would work with little hair, but it does, it really does. I use the light/med and I also bought the med/dark for my daughter, who does have brows and it keeps her brows nice and tidy and dark. I can highly recommend gimme brows for older women with very thin eyebrows.

on 11/22/2013 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Awful. Just awful. If you don't have close-to-perfect brows, don't waste your money. I bought this in medium/dark, which is a nice medium-deep cool brown. Now that the pro is out of the way, I can get to the cons. If you have any gaps in your brows, unruly hairs, or any other defect, this will not work. The tube is tiny and the brush is ridiculously tiny, which you'd think would lend itself to precision application. Wrong. It's still easy to get it on the skin around the brows. I didn't see any fibers, but the formula made my brows stick out, for lack of a better explanation, rather than lie flat. And the smell is ghastly--very strong fake-flowery--which I could smell long after applying it. (Now that's strong.) Why did I let myself be fooled by another Benefit product? I will be returning this and will not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this stuff and would have given it five stars, but the small amount versus the price -- $24.00 makes me reduce it to four stars. It really is annoying how tiny the amount is and I plan on complaining to Benefit Cosmetics, not that it will do any good I am sure !!!

For this reason, I try to not use it every day but it really is so easy to just swipe on. The little hairs add thickness and it adds color to your brows as well. Really good product.

HOWEVER, AND LISTEN UP LADIES, this does NOT fill in any empty spaces in your brows. So, I don't ever just use this product !! I always use Clinique 's Brow Pencil. The fine liner one in 02, soft brown, which is really the perfect dark ash brown. I don't know why it's called soft brown, the name is misleading. But for me , it is the the perfect match for my eyebrows. So Clinique's Brow Liner in 02 plus Benefit Gimme Brow in Dark give me awesome brows.
Lastly, I am hoping to dump both products in about 3 months since I started using Revitabrow last night for the first time !! It has excellent reviews so I am crossing my fingers. If I start growing eyebrow hairs again, maybe.....just maybe (?) I won't have to use either of these products anymore. Until then, Gimme Brow and Clinique.
OH ONE MORE THING... you can use a drop of saline to moisten the Gimme Brow when it starts to dry out. You can also use a couple drops of saline in your mascara to do the same thing. It works like a charm. !!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I was walking thru the makeup dept at a local store and a salewoman asked if I would like to try this product. After purchasing many products that I didn't like in the past, I said "sure, why not?" Boy, am I glad I did. This product darkened my brows and made them look like they did when I was in my 20's (I'm 63 now). You just brush it on,and your brows look sooo natural. They matched my hair color exactly, and when you look in a magnifying mirror you can't see anything but the hair. I will never use anything else.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have light brown hair and purchased this in medium/dark as the lighter shade had sold out and I'm glad to have the darker shade. The color is buildable and I prefer to have my brows be a brown shade rather than say ash blonde. If I run one coat over my brows I get a very natural medium brown that I think pretty much anyone that doesn't have very light brows can sport. Additional coat darken and thicken the brows but no matter how much I apply I have to say the are extremely natural looking. No one notices I am using something in my brows and it solves a few issues I have with uneven brow shapes and scars which leave no hair. Usually I use my BECCA brush which does brows and powder liner, my BECCA brow powder in I think the darkest shade they make (it is a very natural cosmetic line so I think other lines would have even darker, more noticable shades) and then the BECCA brow gel. This makes nice brows that look usually natural, sometimes I mess up and get too much powder going on and 3 steps adds up to more than I want to deal with and lets not forget the spoolly I run over the brows sometimes to lighten overapplication. Powders generally don't look natural over the bare, scar areas and pencils look incredibly bad when you are trying to hide this and then make your brows look fairly similar. Okay, so pretty much I have brow issues and I was sick one day and paused on some type of shopping network and saw a demo of the product. Benefit and I do not have a great track record. There is a lot of me really liking the idea and the packaging but in practice it does not work for me (like their real mascara, I must be the only person is clumps on and I always poke myself in the eye when I do the second step with the brush facing tip up). Gimme Brow with it's grabbing fibers sounded pretty awesome but I didn't bite. A few weeks later it showed up online at Sephora, the light shade I thought would be for me sold out, so I gave the medium brown a try (it was a particularly bad brow week and I was growing back a mistake I made and really wanted help). The product is tiny, shockingly so. It's the size of a small GWP mascara. I'm surprised people do not remark on it because I thought $22 for this? Who are we kidding? And it's Benefit not a high end department store brand but a mid level. The brush is a tiny tiny cone shape and following the instructions you start at the inner brow and work outward, I did smudge it below my arch but practice has fixed that and I have to say this is the best product I have used for my brows hands down, ever. And I have tried a lot. It's one step, it's fast, it hides the bald areas, adds hair in naturally thin areas so my brow look uniform, adds great color and holds the shape I set them in. It's helped me shape them so my eyes are framed perfectly and it helps to define my nose better and honestly frame my face just right. I hate the size and price, it's a rip off. But using 3 products is an even worse rip off and this looks natural, always very natural even with a bunch of coats. If you have issues with scars and shape and any of the things I mentioned, this is pretty awesome. I think it possible may dry out quickly, I do wonder if I'm noticing that correctly, but overall this has made my routine and maintenance a snap and given me what I have hoped to achieve naturally but could not. Love it, hope they increase the tube size!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

What a great way to simplify my life! I keep reading that especially as you get older, you really should do your brows before leaving the house, even if you forget to put clothes on! I often don't bother - with the brows, that is; I DO remember to wear clothes! My brows are reasonably okay though the "tail" of one seems to be leaving for parts unknown and I do get the occasional white hair and often, when I try to tweeze it, I end up taking a few extra hairs as well. I have a few nice products for filling in and giving a fuller look to my brows but they take a bit of time, it's easy to overdo and my great fear is leaving the house looking like Groucho Marx, so often, I don't bother. I got Benefit's Gimme Brow in the lighter shade;initially, the SA was certain the darker shade was better for me but after trying them both, she conceded that light looked more soft and natural and that is exactly the look I'm going for - an "every day" brow look rather than something dramatic. The tiny brush makes applying the product an absolute breeze and if I feel I've applied too much (basically impossible with the lighter shade), I just run through with an old, clean mascara brush. I actually find this fun to use!

This is such a terrific and simple-to-use product. I think this will quickly become one of my must have/every day basic products and coming from someone like me, who rarely used to bother with her brows, that is high praise.

on 5/1/2017 6:42:00 PM

At 50 my brows are starting to thin and I love this product. I don't wear a lot of makeup and this goes on light but adds a lot of color without too heavy of a look. The small brush is nice and allows for easy, more precise application.

Popular Brows Products