BeneFit Cosmetics Gimme brow

BeneFit Cosmetics Gimme brow
Gimme browGimme browGimme brow

4.1

on 11/14/2013 10:38:00 AM

This product is not water resistant ...give it a try next time you are in a store.. put some on your hand and spray a little water on it and rub it... it comes off easily with little effort. I feel all brow products should be waterproof. As a makeup artist that is the first thing I do with all brow products, I see if they stand up to the water test... who wants their finished brows to rub off half way through the day from a little perspiration... just an observation.

on 10/18/2013 11:26:00 AM

Miracle in a tiny bottle! This is like a pushup bra for your eyebrows!

I have really sad eyebrows. I have a good shape to my brows but they are sparse, and the tail of my brows end too short. Consequently, I need to fill them in everyday. I'm asian so my hairs are black but because they are sparse they are not VERY black. I also prefer a more natural finish to a very dark drawn in kind of look. So basically, this is just what the doctor ordered.

I bought the color Light/Medium because I wanted something that I could pull off when I want a no-makeup look (but I think I can pull off the darker shade if too if that were my preference). I agree with some people that I don't really see the little fibers, but this stuff definitely works. It just fills them in so naturally. The tiny brush is great for detail work. The product is buildable so you can decide how full you want it to look. I won't say that you can go from sparse brow to "Cara" brows but you will see a major improvement. It doesn't leave your eyebrow hairs looking gunked up with product and it doesn't leave any obvious sharp lines. You can use the tip of the brush to kind of outline your brow shape, and then brush it out. If I want a more defined brow, I go back in with a little bit of brow powder in the spots that need it. Its much more natural than any pencil or powder. The other thing that's great about this stuff is that it doesn't really budge and is long wearing. I don't have to worry about losing my eyebrows during the day! I haven't tested out the water resistant aspect of it, but I do notice that its a bit difficult to take off with Bioderma at the end of the day so I would expect it would fair well against water.

The one downside to this product is the price tag!! Its 26$CAD for such a tiny tube. I think (hope) it'll last a while. Personally one dip of the brush is usually enough for each brow.

Despite my gripe with the price tag, this is one of those innovations that I'm extremely excited about. My sparse brow people, this is a must try!

on 3/27/2014 4:52:00 PM

This product is a RIP OFF in my opinion. I ordered it a while back from Sephora and was very disappointed when it came - mainly because of the size. It's the size of a sample tube of mascara, like what you would get in a free gift. For what it costs I think there should be more product. As for the actual product, I don't think it's any better than any other brow gels I have tried, so I will purchase a less expensive one going forward.

on 12/30/2013 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Fantastic product. I overplucked my eyebrows as a teenager and they have never grown back. I have tried the products to "grow" eye brow hair and I did get some colourless hair grow but have always had to use a pencil to fill in and give definition. I have tried various pencils, paint on creams and had even contemplated tattoos.
When I saw an advertisement in benefits shop window I went in to try, it is amazing, I have eyebrows again, I love it, and it's so easy and quick to use. I find applying from above works best so some wrist dexterity is needed. The reviews I read said they doubted it would work with little hair, but it does, it really does. I use the light/med and I also bought the med/dark for my daughter, who does have brows and it keeps her brows nice and tidy and dark. I can highly recommend gimme brows for older women with very thin eyebrows.

on 11/22/2013 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Awful. Just awful. If you don't have close-to-perfect brows, don't waste your money. I bought this in medium/dark, which is a nice medium-deep cool brown. Now that the pro is out of the way, I can get to the cons. If you have any gaps in your brows, unruly hairs, or any other defect, this will not work. The tube is tiny and the brush is ridiculously tiny, which you'd think would lend itself to precision application. Wrong. It's still easy to get it on the skin around the brows. I didn't see any fibers, but the formula made my brows stick out, for lack of a better explanation, rather than lie flat. And the smell is ghastly--very strong fake-flowery--which I could smell long after applying it. (Now that's strong.) Why did I let myself be fooled by another Benefit product? I will be returning this and will not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this stuff and would have given it five stars, but the small amount versus the price -- $24.00 makes me reduce it to four stars. It really is annoying how tiny the amount is and I plan on complaining to Benefit Cosmetics, not that it will do any good I am sure !!!

For this reason, I try to not use it every day but it really is so easy to just swipe on. The little hairs add thickness and it adds color to your brows as well. Really good product.

HOWEVER, AND LISTEN UP LADIES, this does NOT fill in any empty spaces in your brows. So, I don't ever just use this product !! I always use Clinique 's Brow Pencil. The fine liner one in 02, soft brown, which is really the perfect dark ash brown. I don't know why it's called soft brown, the name is misleading. But for me , it is the the perfect match for my eyebrows. So Clinique's Brow Liner in 02 plus Benefit Gimme Brow in Dark give me awesome brows.
Lastly, I am hoping to dump both products in about 3 months since I started using Revitabrow last night for the first time !! It has excellent reviews so I am crossing my fingers. If I start growing eyebrow hairs again, maybe.....just maybe (?) I won't have to use either of these products anymore. Until then, Gimme Brow and Clinique.
OH ONE MORE THING... you can use a drop of saline to moisten the Gimme Brow when it starts to dry out. You can also use a couple drops of saline in your mascara to do the same thing. It works like a charm. !!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I was walking thru the makeup dept at a local store and a salewoman asked if I would like to try this product. After purchasing many products that I didn't like in the past, I said "sure, why not?" Boy, am I glad I did. This product darkened my brows and made them look like they did when I was in my 20's (I'm 63 now). You just brush it on,and your brows look sooo natural. They matched my hair color exactly, and when you look in a magnifying mirror you can't see anything but the hair. I will never use anything else.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

What a great way to simplify my life! I keep reading that especially as you get older, you really should do your brows before leaving the house, even if you forget to put clothes on! I often don't bother - with the brows, that is; I DO remember to wear clothes! My brows are reasonably okay though the "tail" of one seems to be leaving for parts unknown and I do get the occasional white hair and often, when I try to tweeze it, I end up taking a few extra hairs as well. I have a few nice products for filling in and giving a fuller look to my brows but they take a bit of time, it's easy to overdo and my great fear is leaving the house looking like Groucho Marx, so often, I don't bother. I got Benefit's Gimme Brow in the lighter shade;initially, the SA was certain the darker shade was better for me but after trying them both, she conceded that light looked more soft and natural and that is exactly the look I'm going for - an "every day" brow look rather than something dramatic. The tiny brush makes applying the product an absolute breeze and if I feel I've applied too much (basically impossible with the lighter shade), I just run through with an old, clean mascara brush. I actually find this fun to use!

This is such a terrific and simple-to-use product. I think this will quickly become one of my must have/every day basic products and coming from someone like me, who rarely used to bother with her brows, that is high praise.

on 5/1/2017 6:42:00 PM

At 50 my brows are starting to thin and I love this product. I don't wear a lot of makeup and this goes on light but adds a lot of color without too heavy of a look. The small brush is nice and allows for easy, more precise application.

I am returning this product to the store. The smell/scent is unacceptable and made my allergies worst. If you are allergic to rose scented or floral fragrances, this is not a good choice.
I have this on now and have been waiting for the smell to dissipate, but it is still going strong two hours after application. It is making me feel nauseated.
It is a shame because I do like the color for me..light/med. and it does fill out the brow quite naturally. Other brow gels really do look quite heavy and fake.
The price for such a small amount of product is another negative.

Popular Brows Products