BeneFit Cosmetics Gimme brow

BeneFit Cosmetics Gimme brow
Gimme browGimme browGimme brow

4.1

This is a new brow gel that has fibers to bulk up your brows and give them a fuller look. At this time it comes in 2 colors, light or dark. It looks like a mini mascara, however the wand is like an extremely short tiny mascara wand. It was 22.00 and you get a very small amount of product. That is the worst part. I wish for the price it was at least double the size. It really does work however, and grabs on to brows that are sparse, and add some color and volume similar to how mascara plumps up your lashes. the tricky part is that...you have to have absolutely no hairs that need to be tweezed as it grabs on to those as well, darkens and thickens unwanted hairs. I'm sure with practice that could be avoided, it just happens to me at this time since I am not used to using a product like this. I was using brow wiz and sometimes a powder. I think it may work better in combination with something else as using this alone doesn't provide as defined brows as pencil. I do like it and believe I would repurchase.

on 8/29/2013 1:05:00 AM

Great new brow product from Benefit! It's an opaque tinted brow gel with fibers in it to give the look of fuller brows. I have blonde brows and brown hair so I have to fill them in/darken them every day. This stuff is so ridiculously easy and quick to apply - I'd recommend it to anyone over a pencil or a wax/powder anyday. I wear the light color (it will work for blondes/light-to-medium brunettes) and recommend the dark for anyone with darker hair. The light still darkens the hairs quite a bit and they look so natural with my medium brown hair. Both of the shades are very cool toned so they're incredibly natural looking.

I really love the applicator - its a very short, small wand similar (maybe even identical) to the Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara. No, you don't get a lot of product but you don't need it. The hole in the tube is really tiny so it scrapes most of the product off of the wand - you don't need to go in with a spoolie and get rid of any clumps like you would a regular tinted brow gel.

This product fills in the sparse areas in my brows and gives the illusion of real hair there. I love the look of sculpted brows that you get with a pencil/wax/powder but it doesn't look natural. If you truly want something natural looking and YBBB (your brows but better) give this stuff a try. I hate doing my brows in the morning because it takes so long but with this stuff its a breeze. Highly, highly recommended.

on 9/6/2013 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Not for people with barely there eyebrow hair. I watched the reviews on youtube last night and went out and got it today. I have very very very sparse eyebrows. Although it did make my eyebrows look thicker, it looked very messy and ashy colored. I still had to fill & outline w/ Mac spiked pencil because it was really uneven looking. This is great for people who have a little more hair than thin and sparse and want darker fuller brows. Not for people w/ barely there sparse & thin eyebrows. Big price for a small tube. I'll stick to outlining w/ Mac Spiked Brown pencil and fill with MUFE aquabrow. I'll have to try putting it over my brows after outlining and filling mac spiked. Next eyebrow test will be Kelley Baker Brow powder!!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Very similar to my anastasia brow gel, but with such a small wand/applicator, it is much easier to control and really get into small areas to build up the volume. For the price, the tube really is too small. Otherwise, very lovely product. I use the medium/deep with my dark brown/black hair. Fills my brows out, and I have pretty light brows in the first place. Not sparse, but light.

on 9/16/2013 11:57:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Amazing product! The small container is not an issue at all considering how tiny the wand is, and how the excess product is taken off the wand when you pull it out of the container. The light/medium color for me is absolutely perfect to cover my pale/greying brows. It is totally soft and natural looking. I've already ordered 4 more from Benefit!

on 9/16/2013 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love!!! I have relatively light brows and this product works to add some color and thickness without looking fake or caked! Great for those of us thatdon't like to take the time to draw on our brows. Highly recommended!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

What a great way to simplify my life! I keep reading that especially as you get older, you really should do your brows before leaving the house, even if you forget to put clothes on! I often don't bother - with the brows, that is; I DO remember to wear clothes! My brows are reasonably okay though the "tail" of one seems to be leaving for parts unknown and I do get the occasional white hair and often, when I try to tweeze it, I end up taking a few extra hairs as well. I have a few nice products for filling in and giving a fuller look to my brows but they take a bit of time, it's easy to overdo and my great fear is leaving the house looking like Groucho Marx, so often, I don't bother. I got Benefit's Gimme Brow in the lighter shade;initially, the SA was certain the darker shade was better for me but after trying them both, she conceded that light looked more soft and natural and that is exactly the look I'm going for - an "every day" brow look rather than something dramatic. The tiny brush makes applying the product an absolute breeze and if I feel I've applied too much (basically impossible with the lighter shade), I just run through with an old, clean mascara brush. I actually find this fun to use!

This is such a terrific and simple-to-use product. I think this will quickly become one of my must have/every day basic products and coming from someone like me, who rarely used to bother with her brows, that is high praise.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have light brown hair and purchased this in medium/dark as the lighter shade had sold out and I'm glad to have the darker shade. The color is buildable and I prefer to have my brows be a brown shade rather than say ash blonde. If I run one coat over my brows I get a very natural medium brown that I think pretty much anyone that doesn't have very light brows can sport. Additional coat darken and thicken the brows but no matter how much I apply I have to say the are extremely natural looking. No one notices I am using something in my brows and it solves a few issues I have with uneven brow shapes and scars which leave no hair. Usually I use my BECCA brush which does brows and powder liner, my BECCA brow powder in I think the darkest shade they make (it is a very natural cosmetic line so I think other lines would have even darker, more noticable shades) and then the BECCA brow gel. This makes nice brows that look usually natural, sometimes I mess up and get too much powder going on and 3 steps adds up to more than I want to deal with and lets not forget the spoolly I run over the brows sometimes to lighten overapplication. Powders generally don't look natural over the bare, scar areas and pencils look incredibly bad when you are trying to hide this and then make your brows look fairly similar. Okay, so pretty much I have brow issues and I was sick one day and paused on some type of shopping network and saw a demo of the product. Benefit and I do not have a great track record. There is a lot of me really liking the idea and the packaging but in practice it does not work for me (like their real mascara, I must be the only person is clumps on and I always poke myself in the eye when I do the second step with the brush facing tip up). Gimme Brow with it's grabbing fibers sounded pretty awesome but I didn't bite. A few weeks later it showed up online at Sephora, the light shade I thought would be for me sold out, so I gave the medium brown a try (it was a particularly bad brow week and I was growing back a mistake I made and really wanted help). The product is tiny, shockingly so. It's the size of a small GWP mascara. I'm surprised people do not remark on it because I thought $22 for this? Who are we kidding? And it's Benefit not a high end department store brand but a mid level. The brush is a tiny tiny cone shape and following the instructions you start at the inner brow and work outward, I did smudge it below my arch but practice has fixed that and I have to say this is the best product I have used for my brows hands down, ever. And I have tried a lot. It's one step, it's fast, it hides the bald areas, adds hair in naturally thin areas so my brow look uniform, adds great color and holds the shape I set them in. It's helped me shape them so my eyes are framed perfectly and it helps to define my nose better and honestly frame my face just right. I hate the size and price, it's a rip off. But using 3 products is an even worse rip off and this looks natural, always very natural even with a bunch of coats. If you have issues with scars and shape and any of the things I mentioned, this is pretty awesome. I think it possible may dry out quickly, I do wonder if I'm noticing that correctly, but overall this has made my routine and maintenance a snap and given me what I have hoped to achieve naturally but could not. Love it, hope they increase the tube size!

on 10/2/2013 11:48:00 AM

This didn't do much for me with my light, somewhat sparse, brows. I can't see that it is any better than Anastasia Brow Gel. And, I can't find any tiny hairs in it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this product! I have been filling in my brows for 10+ years now, and I've used everything from pencil, to powder, to gel. I like a somewhat defined brow, as I think it really polishes any make up look. However, with too much product, I think brows can end up looking "over-done". Prior to purchasing Gimme Brow, I was using Anastasia brow powder on top of a wax pencil then finished with a clear brow gel. This routine was working, but was quite a bit more time consuming than I would have liked. Also, the look this three step routine created was not a super natural look, which was what I really wanted to find: a natural, yet clean & defined brow. So I was immediately drawn to Gimme Brow when I saw it in Ulta. I don't have sparse brows, but they aren't full either. Gimme Brow really does create a natural yet defined look. It is super quick & easy to use as well. I use 2 coats, starting at the inner edge of my brow and working my way out. The brush makes it really easy to pin point any specific areas that might need filling in, as it is super small and tapered for maximum control. Another thing I really love is the staying power of the formula; even in the heat and humidity, Gimme Brow lasts all day, until I wash it off. Additionally, the formula doesn't get hard and crusty like some brow gels. My brows stayed soft to the touch, without product transfer on to my finger when I touch them. All in all, I am thrilled with Gimme Brow and finally feel like I have found my HG brow product. I do wish the tube was a little bigger, as I fill my brows daily, but so far it seems that a little bit does go a long way. I will FOR SURE repurchase! I'm not a huge Benefit fan, but they certainly stepped their game up with Gimme Brow.

Popular Brows Products