BeneFit Cosmetics Gimme brow

Gimme browGimme browGimme brow

4.1

on 5/15/2017 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm impressed with this! My brows are thin and sparse. I received 2 samples of this in a break in half container from beauty boxes. The first one was great, the second, an epic fail. When I had 20% off from Ulta, I purchased the full size, color 3, medium I think. I apply lightly, change to the tip for the tails of my brows, and go back and do one more swipe over the wider section. Pressure is crucial-start lightly! I like to keep a q-tip on hand to clean up any random glops. Then, after a few minutes I brush through with a clean brow brush. So cool! It seems to last a long time, and although it's pricey, it's difficult for me to get a pretty, bigger brow from a pencil.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was unprepared to like this--being unimpressed when it came out of the package. A very brush and it seems pricey for the amount. I got Medium and was worried it would be too reddish but--it's a neutral mid brown and though I have dark hair and brows, because my skin is fair, I never use the darkest brow shade. Well, it's very natural looking. Rather than filling in with powder, which is my normal method, it left my brows thicker but you can see hairs, not powder color behind them. Very effective. The small brush lets me do the ends of the brow where it's thinner and you want control. All in all, beats many brow products and works well.

on 2/18/2017 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I tried this in Shade 1 - Light (blonde, cool). The color was actually lighter than my natural brows (I'm blonde, NC25), which was a first for me. I've never been comfortable with too dark or heavy eyebrows, the Joan Crawford/Madonna look doesn't suit me (although I am a fan of Jenna Coleman's taupe caterpillars). I like this product because it does stick to the brow hairs, like the mascara-wand type applicator. It's doesn't smear or rub off. However, it just coats the eyebrows and colors them, it doesn't really make a brow where none exists. If you're happy with what nature gave you, this is a nice, if expensive, product. If you need a bit of fill-in, keep looking.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse

I've always had nearly black eyebrows, so all I needed to do was tweeze them underneath to get rid of a few strays.
Now I'm over 65, and a few random white hairs are appearing within the brows, but I don't want to pluck them...Perfect solution: Gimme Brows in Deep (shade #5), which has a little tiny fairy wand to deposit just the right amount of pigment onto the brows. One swipe and I'm done. If by any chance, my hand wavers a bit and I accidentally get the pigment onto my skin, it's easily removed with a Q tip, and a bit of water or micellar, and I'm off.....
BTW Does not flake off or irritate in any way. Holy grail for me!

on 8/23/2016 2:36:00 PM

I like this product BUT only the way I've been using it recently: I use it over my Anastasia brow pencil to get the right shade (which, in my case is Soft Brown.) The lighter shade was too light and the darker too dark. I do have fairly sparse browns so I liked the thickening effect, just not the color So I fill in with the pencil, wipe off the Gimme Brow brush pretty well on a tissue and then sweep up & smooth slightly, blend with a spoolie. It sounds like a lot but is actually pretty quick & they look natural and younger.

on 11/25/2015 9:16:00 AM

This is my go to brow product. It's quick and easy, the brush is the perfect size, the color (taupe) is a good match. The only drawback is after using for awhile (it lasts a good long time) is the fallout from the product when removing the wand from the tube. As it dries up around the top of the applicator it drops stuff all over the counter and on your face. This can be rectified by wiping it down. But I always have to do a final double check to make sure there isn't "confetti" left on my cheeks.

I have tried many brow pencils, powders, tubes w/brushes & this is the only product I will ever purchase again. My brows look natural, not over done, love this product. The small brush makes it easy to apply.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I was walking thru the makeup dept at a local store and a salewoman asked if I would like to try this product. After purchasing many products that I didn't like in the past, I said "sure, why not?" Boy, am I glad I did. This product darkened my brows and made them look like they did when I was in my 20's (I'm 63 now). You just brush it on,and your brows look sooo natural. They matched my hair color exactly, and when you look in a magnifying mirror you can't see anything but the hair. I will never use anything else.

on 12/15/2014 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've tried dozens of brow products looking for something quick and easy that makes my thin, light colored brows look better but still natural and not OTT. Other products required multiple steps or they didn't match my brows (too dark or orange). So far, Benefit Gimme Brow works best for me. The light/medium color is very neutral and blends nicely with my very light ash brown brow color.

Con: the tube is overpriced for the tiny size and I doubt it will last very long. Nevertheless, I already purchased a backup as this works well for me.

I am returning this product to the store. The smell/scent is unacceptable and made my allergies worst. If you are allergic to rose scented or floral fragrances, this is not a good choice.
I have this on now and have been waiting for the smell to dissipate, but it is still going strong two hours after application. It is making me feel nauseated.
It is a shame because I do like the color for me..light/med. and it does fill out the brow quite naturally. Other brow gels really do look quite heavy and fake.
The price for such a small amount of product is another negative.

Popular Brows Products