BeneFit Cosmetics Gimme brow

3.9

on 11/17/2017 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I must confess that when it comes to eyebrow mascara, by heart belongs to Maybelline's Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara. It's ball-topped brush is perfect to groom and fluff up my thick, long and feathery if not sometimes messy brows. Benefit's Gimme Brow has a more basic brush that has a habit of getting product on the skin under the brow hairs, something that I hate and I find nearly impossible with the ball brush from Maybelline.

It is a matter of taste really, as I prefer to keep my brows feathery, with one being able to see individual hairs all combed together to great thick, arched brows which is the effect given from Maybelline. Gimme Brow, on the other hand fills in the hairs with the fibers so after it is hard to see individual hairs which I thought I wanted but actually miss, making my brows almost look drawn on. I do love this product, however to fill in a single but noticeable area on each side of my brows where the longs hairs kind of clump together leaving spaces that almost look like scars in the way the skin shows through the brows. For the same reasons why people cut their grass - shorter grass looks thicker - I find my long eyebrow hairs can look less thick in some areas, a situation not to my liking.

Gimme Brows does a great job of filling these areas in a way that is seamless. For this reason I wear it every day to fill certain areas. All over would be too much for the feathery look I enjoy but I find this product the only thing that fills these areas without much effort. For those who want filled in brows without skin showing between their hairs will really appreciate the ease of the mascara as well, possibly becoming a HG brow mascara for them.

It is also worth nothing thatI love to use the ball from Maybelline to fluff out the hairs closest to between my eyes to get brows as close to Frida Kahlo as possible. The mascara brush from Benefit can't do this or it will smear all over my face, another reason why I use Gimme Brow to spot correct, but is does a great job at this and I will continue to but this for a very long time.

on 5/1/2017 6:42:00 PM

At 50 my brows are starting to thin and I love this product. I don't wear a lot of makeup and this goes on light but adds a lot of color without too heavy of a look. The small brush is nice and allows for easy, more precise application.

on 2/20/2017 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very pricey fiber brow gel but it sure does hold your brows in place. It is true that the wand is small and the product is not clumpy, it's well-made. Is it worth the money? Maybe. I have decent enough brows that I use a retractable pencil to fill in sparse areas and run a spoolie through them to blend but on occasion I like to use a brow gel to hold them in place. I can't justify spending the money on this for only occasional use but if you need a gel that has added fibres and use this daily it is a good product that comes in a variety of shades.

on 1/24/2017 6:24:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I bought the mini version of this at Ulta, and I'm glad I gave it a try! The teeny brush is easy to maneuver, the color is just right (I can't read it off the tube, but when I repurchase I'll figure it out. It's taupe-y).

Here is my eyebrow story: I am in my mid-40s and I never bothered with my brows at all in my teens. Sometime in my 20s my mother held me down and made me pluck. And I continued with that until, about 10 years ago, it became unnecessary. Almost all the stray hairs were gone for good, and I had nice thin arched brows.

But you know how they say you can tell a woman's age by how she does her eyebrows? Totally true. So when fuller brows came back in style (at the same time mine were naturally thinning out from age), I decided to try a new approach. I've now tried powder, pencils, pencil pomade, and this Benefit product. All have worked well, but this is the easiest.

I don't need Groucho Marx (or Cara Delevigne) brows, but I think it really does frame my face and make me look younger when I define my brows. I will repurchase! I am glad they made this little mini available!

on 1/22/2017 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Swore by my Revlon pencil with gel wand until this. I LOVE this product! Fast, easy, dries quickly, buildable. Highly recommend this brow product!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

LOVE this product. I have fair hair and skin (blonde hair, eyebrows and lashes - and blue eyes). All my life I have wished for more defined brows. I've tried several Bobbi Brown products (Taupe eye shadow applied with a brow brush, and also their brow mascara), and I've been somewhat satisfied with the Chanel blonde brow pencil, which darkened them ever so slightly. But this product is THE BEST.

The color is perfect (dark blonde) and it goes on so naturally. It tints my brows in a way that is "my brows but better" and gives definition to my face. I'm so happy with the sample I got through a subscription service that I promptly bought it. SO HAPPY!

on 11/12/2015 12:38:00 PM

I bought and used the entire tube

PROS
Great nice small brush

CONS
Color was too dark

Dried out in 2 mo and started leaving flakes, had to replace

Expensive for needing a new tube every 2 mo

I now use BLINC and one tube lasts me 4 mo. The color is spot on. I went with one shade lighter. It has not started to flake after over 2 mo of use. I did have to wipe the brush a bit when I first started using it to remove exess product. The BLINC looks really natural. So, one tube for 4 mo is a good deal. I think these super small tubes dry out too fast

on 10/1/2015 4:14:00 PM

I have really sparse brows and this is the best product ever for my brows! I have used the brow whiz and it's good but just looks a little too unnatural for me. But the Gimme Brow goes on easily and looks very natural. I love it! I recently started using the med/dark and go over it with the Loreal brow enhancer in the lightest shade. I would definitely continue to purchase this product.

on 9/11/2015 12:32:00 AM

This is the easiest way I have found to shape and fill in my brows. I like quick and easy, and this does it for me. I have purchased both colors, depending on my hair color of the month, and both worked well with my skin tone. It does work for sparse brows. My brows 'disappear' towards my temples, and this fills them. I have bought this product at least 5 times, and reach for it repeatedly over my powder brow products.

on 5/18/2015 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This little tube of color is just great- easy to apply, perfect color, no red. I've been on the hunt for the ideal brow product to fill in my aging, fading brows and this fits the bill. I've used pens, powders, pencils, waxes- they're either too red, too dark, too hard, too messy. Gimme Brow looks natural and I can make it as faint or intense as I like. I wish it weren't so danged pricey for such a little tube and I wish the tube cleaned excess off the spoolie a bit better- but I love it.

Popular Brows Products