BeneFit Cosmetics Gimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber Gel

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 19-24
BeneFit Cosmetics Gimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber Gel
Gimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber GelGimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber GelGimme Brow + Volumizing Fiber Gel

4.4

on 4/5/2018 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love the applicator

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I never did anything with my brows until my friend dragged me to a Sephora, plopped me down in a makeup station chair, and announced to the artist/salesperson that I didn't believe in brows. He then asked me some questions and considered my coloring before demonstrating this product (in 3) on me. My first thought was that it felt very wet, but after he applied it, it looked natural and was simple to apply. He had me try the same thing on my other eyebrow and it came out looking pretty much the same as the one he'd done. I really like to use this on days when I don't want a lot of makeup with just some lip color. I will probably repurchase this, but I also want to try the essence brow product that everyone says is a dupe for this. The essence product is so much cheaper, and I don't have a lot of money to be throwing around on name-brand products if a drugstore brand works just as well.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I am doing a round up of the brow products I have used in the last year: Gimme Brow in both medium and deep.

Formula:
Gimme Brow is one of the best brow formulas I have used. It has such a nice consistency, it isn't too wet or dry. It sits perfectly in the middle. It has fibres, meaning that it can plump up the brow with small hair like particles which don't flake of. The colour also adheres nicely to both the skin and brow hair; it doesn't patch on your skin, and it doesn't clump in certain areas of the hair. As compared to other brow gels: Anastasia Beverly Hills coloured brow gels are way more wet and gloopy (ABH formula and never gets drier over time) whereas Benefit is more dry and workable, no gloopyness, Glossier is the most comparable formula however Glossier is more wet in consistency, and NYX Gel is more crispy when is dries and more wet on first application. However....Gimme Brows dries out super super quickly, I would say after 2 months? Whereas my glossier hasn't dried out and has lasted about 6 months! That is a major downside for this formula.

Colour:

I am blonde and low a dark ashy brow. For that medium isn't dark enough and is very warm toned. Dark is the best bet, it isn't too dark but it is way more ashy than medium. My brows are naturally really dark even though I am blonde. As compared to ABH, my colour in ABH Granite is way more ashy and grey toned which I love. As compared to Glossier, they are pretty identical in colours.

Packaging:

Loved the original external packaging, hate the new external packaging. Benefit is just so tacky looking, and I have said before they have packaging that would suggest its aimed at a younger market (bright and kinda plasticky) but then the price point is not applicable to a very younger market. I hate the silver and pink with the weird diamond top. The old packaging was better. But I can overlook it. The wand is the best I have used, I love it to get into the tail of the brow without putting product on the outside skin. I also love how it grips the hair to coat every hair (ABH wand is so big and doesn't do jack to cover the hairs as it doesn't grip. Also its too big and will get all over your skin as I said in that review). Very comparable to Glossier Boy Brow Wand (Glossier Packaging is better in my opinion).

Price:

Expensive for the amount of product you get. Comparable breakdown across my reviewed gels:

1.Gimme Brow $39 AUD for 3g = 13 dollars a gram
2. Glossier $21 AUD (converted from US) for 3.12g = 6.7 dollars a gram
3. NYX $9.95 AUD for 8.5g = 1.1 dollars a gram
4. Anastasia Beverly Hills $40 for 9g = 4.4 dollars a gram

So obviously NYX is the best value for money (my personal favourite clear brow gel). But for the coloured gels from higher brands ABH is the best, but my least favourite formula. Gimme brow is the most expensive and I would say that it isn't as good as Glossier overall. So you are better to spend less money there and get a little more product.

All in all, I think its great, but there is better cheaper options which is why I wouldn't buy it again.

on 1/14/2017 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I cannot convey enough how much I LOVE this! I tried a bunch of eyebrow pencils and gels and this is definitely my favorite. My eyebrows are not thin but not super bushy either - I like them to look quite full and "important" although not Cara Delevingne style. I use this in 5 - the darkest shade - as my hair is very dark brown. I really like the brush, it is small and it makes the application very easy. In only one application my eyebrows already look way fuller, and with a second one I am able to achieve a more dramatic look. This is one of the things I love the most about Gimme Brow - you can go for a totally natural look or build it up a little. No one could tell I have tinted brow gel on, even if I go with the second application! It lasts all day and keeps your eyebrows in place. Totally recommend!

on 9/5/2016 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Love this stuff! My brows are really blonde towards the centre of my face and I hate filling them in with powders or pencils as it makes them slightly too harsh for my liking. This just coats and elongates the hairs so they look natural and my brows look so full and pretty!
I've been trying drug store alternatives, since the price of this is a bit excessive for such a tiny product, but I'm yet to find anything that can compete with this. To be fair, I probably only have to repurchase this 3/4 times a year and I use it daily, so overall it's not a huge cost for easy peasy brows that I love :)
Holy grail status!

on 6/18/2016 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is the eyebrow product for me. I keep my makeup look very simple, and love a strong but natural brow. Additionally, I am a drug store makeup person through and through, but, Benefit Gimme Brow is worth the price in my opinion! I have this in the shade medium/deep, but have also used it in light/medium. Even though my brows are light, I prefer the darker shade because I can apply less and it still looks natural.
In January I split my right eyebrow open and lost a good amount of the hair on the tail of my brow, and used this while it was healing and now that I have a scar running through it. I was so sad to wreck my brow like that, but with this I can't even see it and don't even need to fill it in with my pencil if I don't feel like it, because this adds so much volume to the hairs I have left. Overall, great product. Yes, very expensive and I'm sure there are dupes that work pretty well too, but this is my splurge item and I love it, especially because of how well it does covering up my scar.

on 4/7/2016 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of my favourite brow products. It's great for days when you just want a natural look. Comb this through your brows and you are good to go. I also use this along with a bit of my mac shadow in espresso and it finishes my brows off really well and keeps them in shape all day. I love the fact that the wand is so tiny, it makes it really easy to brush through your brows.

I received a sample of this from sephora and overall I really like the product. I have dark hair and I don't have big, gorgeous model eyebrows but they aren't in bad shape either. I'm personally not a fan of having super groomed, perfect eyebrows and I was looking for something that would subtly darken some of my patchier spots and add some definition to the sprouts at the inner corners.

In comparison to other tinted gels I've used (NYX brow mascara and Anastasia tinted gel) this definitely has the best brush (It's so small and amazing for precise application) and the best formula (it has "fibers" which add some length and definition while keeping the look natural, it's also not sticky or flaky like the NYX formula) however the full size is SO SMALL. The sample size is literally almost as big and it's almost half the size as other tinted gels out there for the same price. That being said whenever I get the chance I grab a sample or two of this guy because I love having it around!

on 1/14/2016 7:51:00 AM

This was part of a christmas present. I'd never used brow products before. ( i have naturally dark and quite thick brows)
I love this stuff, easy and quick to apply.
Great for a beginner.
Its quite subtle, just adds a little extra definition which is perfect for those of us that have a naturally strong brow game!

on 1/6/2016 12:10:00 AM

I really enjoy this product! I fill in my eyebrows using Benefit browzings, which I also love, and then I put this overtop my whole brow. I like the product a lot and the color it perfect ( I have the shade medium/deep). It has fibers in it that make my eyebrows look a little bit fuller than what they normally are, which is amazing. I also wear it on my eyebrows by itself if I am in a rush and it looks good then, too! The only thing I do not like about this product is the size and the price. It is a really small packaging with not a ton of product in it, especially since it's expensive as far as eyebrow products go. You don't get a ton of product for what you pay, which is what stinks about it. I have to buy it frequently because I use it everyday and run out of it quickly. If you don't plan on using it every day, then you'll have nothing to worry about. Other than that, I would definitely recommend this product! A definite must have for your brows!

Popular Brows Products