BeneFit Cosmetics Gimme brow

4.2

on 10/12/2017 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I definitely liked the product, I ordered a sample online when BeneFit was giving them out. I got the lightest shade, I'm fair skinned with pink/neutral undertones and freckles. The color was a little cool toned for me, but using it was absolutely effortless. It also stays extremely well throughout the day with me poking and prodding at my eyebrows absentmindedly during the day.
The main cons and reasons I won't repurchase are the following :

1 - Price.
32$ Canadian (+tax) for a tube is far beyond what I'm willing to pay for a brow peoduct when the essence dupe for this is under 5$ plus tax.

2 - Scent.
While some might not notice, I was weirded out and generally annoyed by the fact that this product is scented. I caught whiffs of it for about an hour after putting it on, even after it was dry. It just seemed strange that my brow product of all things needed to be scented.

3 - Handle shape
Personally I found the handle to be kind of awkwardly shaped. Mind you, I only have the sample size to work with. I can only assume the full size is easier to hold because it's bigger, but it still seems a bit awkward.

All in all the product itself is good and does the job, but I won't be springing for the full size.

on 1/14/2017 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I cannot convey enough how much I LOVE this! I tried a bunch of eyebrow pencils and gels and this is definitely my favorite. My eyebrows are not thin but not super bushy either - I like them to look quite full and "important" although not Cara Delevingne style. I use this in 5 - the darkest shade - as my hair is very dark brown. I really like the brush, it is small and it makes the application very easy. In only one application my eyebrows already look way fuller, and with a second one I am able to achieve a more dramatic look. This is one of the things I love the most about Gimme Brow - you can go for a totally natural look or build it up a little. No one could tell I have tinted brow gel on, even if I go with the second application! It lasts all day and keeps your eyebrows in place. Totally recommend!

This is a really good brow gel, it adds fibers to my natural hairs and makes them look much thicker. I use the Benefit goof proof pencil (number 6) with this but I could easily use the gel (number 3) on its own. The color that I have is a bit too light for me but I still make it work for my brown hair. The only downside is the price and quantity you get for it, it does not seem like it will last more than 2-3 months with daily usage. I'm sure some cheaper and equally good alternatives exist out there. The maybelline brow gel is also good.
PROS:
- Adds color and thickness to brows
- Holds hair in place
CONS:
- Little amount of product
- Expensive

Product quality: 5/5
Usually I take incredibly long to do my eyebrows daily and this is such a quick solution to thicken my brow and fill in the sparse areas.

Brush applicator: 5/5
I've tried many different applicators from different brow gel products, even from some Korean brands and this is the best type of applicator to date. The pointed tip allows me to be more precise when I am applying the product to the tails of my eyebrow and the general small size of the applicator and the density of the bristles make it so convenient to separate, comb and thicken my brow hairs simultaneously. Moreover, their travel sized Gimme Brow (the one with one third the amount in the full sized one) has the exact same applicator which I really appreciate as it is great for travel.

Lasting ability: 4.5/5
At times which I want to fill in my brows more fully, I use the ABH Brow Wiz to fill in my sparse areas first and then go over it with my gimme brow as a way to set my brows and it keeps my brows looking full for hours.

Packaging: 5/5
I love the repackaging, marketing gimmick or not. I have both the travel sized one and the full sized one and they look very sleek.

Price: 4/5
Most Benefit products tend to be on the pricier end and while I do find that their other products in their brow line can be easily replaceable, I think the Gimme Brow is very unique and much better in quality compare to other brow gels in the market.

on 11/15/2016 5:54:00 PM

I love gimme brow! It fills in brows beautifully, keeping them natural looking! My only complaint is that the lighter shade can look too ashy sometimes.

on 11/14/2016 11:31:00 PM

first time bought this product online on sephora and i reaaaaally love it! make my eyebrow looks neat and defined <3

I had really high expectations for this product after reading all the reviews on it. Unfortunately I found that this product didn't do much for me. I didn't find it to make much difference when I used it on my eyebrows even when I tried building up the product. The colour doesn't really show up and it didn't make my ey brows look fuller. I also didn't find that it kept my brow hairs in place. It was an ok product but not worth the money and won't repurchase.

I received a sample of this from sephora and overall I really like the product. I have dark hair and I don't have big, gorgeous model eyebrows but they aren't in bad shape either. I'm personally not a fan of having super groomed, perfect eyebrows and I was looking for something that would subtly darken some of my patchier spots and add some definition to the sprouts at the inner corners.

In comparison to other tinted gels I've used (NYX brow mascara and Anastasia tinted gel) this definitely has the best brush (It's so small and amazing for precise application) and the best formula (it has "fibers" which add some length and definition while keeping the look natural, it's also not sticky or flaky like the NYX formula) however the full size is SO SMALL. The sample size is literally almost as big and it's almost half the size as other tinted gels out there for the same price. That being said whenever I get the chance I grab a sample or two of this guy because I love having it around!

on 1/15/2016 10:24:00 AM

I got this product to try after reading some glowing reviews about it online. I've tried various other eyebrow products and have to say this is by far the quickest and easiest to use. It's basically a teeny tiny mascara.

That said, there are only two shades to choose from, and, as a warm toned, dark brunette, the 'Medium / Dark' (darkest shade) is a bit ashy on me.

I would recommend it to anyone starting out in the brow department (if you can find a colour match) because it is so easy to use and saves me a lot of time in the morning (literally I can do my brows in about 30 seconds). However it is stupidly expensive for the amount of product you get.

I will probably use it up until it's finished but I won't repurchase.

on 1/14/2016 7:51:00 AM

This was part of a christmas present. I'd never used brow products before. ( i have naturally dark and quite thick brows)
I love this stuff, easy and quick to apply.
Great for a beginner.
Its quite subtle, just adds a little extra definition which is perfect for those of us that have a naturally strong brow game!

Popular Brows Products