NYX The Natural Shadow Palette

NYX The Natural Shadow Palette

2.8

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I may or may not buy this again, (maybe isn't an option). This is just a so-so palette. I keep it in my makeup bag in my purse for the times when I realize I look horrible and just need some eyeshadow. I really only use about three of the colors (darkest, gold, and the mid range brown) the other colors are not really suited for my skin. The colors don't really go on very pigmented either but this is supposed to be a natural palette so I think the point of them is to be very simple and basic. the packaging is okay. Its been in my bag for probably a year without any major issues. I usually use the darkest one as sort of an eyeliner, the second darkest one as the eyeshadow and the gold as a highlighter of sorts. It gets me through most work days.

on 5/6/2016 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I planned to comment in Arabic :/ but obviously that's not a choice. ( The palette sucks. Don't but it )

To Read all 27 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I am typically a big NYX fan. However this is one of their few duds. The colors are pretty in the pan but they do not apply that way. NYX The Natural Shadow Palette was DRY, sheer, and hard to work with. It wasn't one or two shades misbehaving, either. All of she shades equally sucked.

There are so many better (similarly priced) palettes out there now...skip this one if you haven't already.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Overall these suck, and each color is terribly inconsistent.

White- if you don't use a primer it doesn't show up, it all falls off the brush and doesn't stick to the lid. With a primer it goes on super patchy and there's still a ton of fallout.

Shimmery White- The only word I can use to describe this one is "gross" it goes on patchy just as the other white, and it has big chunks of glitter that also applies really inconsistently.

Peachy beige- This is a little better than the first two. It's a lot smoother and a bit more pigmented. It still has a lot of fallout, I suggest you use it as a lid shade with your finger and then blend with a clean brush. It's mediocre at best.

Beige- exact same formula as the peachy one. Still not great.

Shimmery brown- The pigmetation is terrible, but I don't mind it as a super soft/sheer crease color.

Dark Brown- The blendablity really sucks with this one, so I definitely don't use it on my lids, but I've been using as my main brow product. It's really the only reason I haven't tossed the palette altogether. I hit pan on this one and once it's gone I'm throwing it out and will not repurchase.

Overall I don't suggest this. The colors would be nice if the formula was better. They need to get rid of the glittery white altogether because it's seriously gross.

on 7/5/2015 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

AVOID THIS WASTE OF MONEY!!! One of the worst eye shadow palettes ever. Super chalky, not pigmented, and deceiving. I tried to apply the eye shadows and almost nothing appeared on my lids. Stay away from NYX palettes. I would expect more since the NYX single eyeshadows are amazing.

on 7/4/2015 2:44:00 PM

Im still new to makeup so im unsure what to compare this to but from my experience i really love this palette. As long as you have a good primer this eye shadow doesnt fade, have fallout all over your face and its pretty pigmented.The only thing i can say about this is that its super powdery when you try to pick up the product and i feel a lot can go to waste if you dont try to pick up all the left over powder with your brush. Over all i really like this and i would suggest using semi decent brushes with this since it makes a huge difference when applying.

on 6/1/2015 2:37:00 PM

picked this up today from cvs on a whim because if i have one skill in my life, it's that i'm great at wasting money. i've heard a lot of positive things about nyx eyeshadows and i'm in the market for a new neutral palette, so i figured why not!

i am so dumb!

the color payoff just isn't there. i just negatively reviewed a wnw neutral palette for the same issues, and it turns out that it actually performed better for cheaper than this nyx palette. each color is chalky and sheer, doesn't apply evenly, tugs really badly at the skin, and won't blend at all. (by the time you get it to blend in properly, assuming you haven't rubbed your eyelids raw, the color's just...gone. it's a sheer wash at that point.)

its big positive is that there's very little fallout, but if the end result is basically no color on your eyes, then not wearing eyeshadow at all also results in very little fallout.

i usually don't return cosmetics because i can almost always find a use for even the bad products, but i can't think of a single positive reason to keep this. back to cvs it goes.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

this product is the reason i no longer buy makeup products on a whim. it was super cheap but the quality is .... extremely dissapointing. super chalky. barely any pigmentation on any of the colors except the darkest brown. priming my eyelids does not make any real difference with these eyeshadows. i love nyx but this is definitely not a good product. i really wish i had done some research before buying. :/

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

The only eyeshadow I really ever do is a natural look (crazy colors do not flatter me), so when I saw this palette, I had to buy it. I got mine from Target for $8-something, and although that's more than I'd usually pay for powder that goes on my eyes (I'm an 18-year-old that's really cheap, okay?), I decided to splurge and try it out. The palette is packaged nicely for the price, and it has six colors/shades: a matte, fair skin tone; a glittery gold/champagne; an orange-y peach; a medium tan; a darker taupe; and an earth brown. If I have a few extra minutes, I'll use all six colors. But if I'm in a rush or feeling lazy, I'll just use the last three.

When I apply this shadow, I first prime my eyes, then use a normal shadow brush (not the applicator that comes with it) to apply it. The first color (fair) is noticeably lighter than my skin tone, so it's good for all over the lid, so I use that one first. (If you have naturally fair skin, though, this one might not do a whole lot.) Second, I usually take the fourth (medium tan) and apply that to the outer two-thirds of my lid. Then I take the third color (orange-y peach) and work it into my crease, followed by the fifth (darker taupe) that I also put in my crease. I then use the last shade (earth brown) and put it on the outer corners. If I want more of a smokey look, I'll work that one a little farther into my crease. But as an everyday look, I keep it pretty minimal. I usually don't use the glitter (because glitter doesn't look great on me), but when I do, I put it in my inner corners.

In general, all the colors are a little more on the chalky side, but priming my eyelids first helps them stay on all day. The last and darkest shade was more pigmented than I thought, though, so I use very little of it. The only one I'm not too crazy about is the glitter. Glitter isn't really my thing, and it's pretty flaky; even with primer, it doesn't tend to stay on. But if I'm just looking for the slightest shimmer, it can work in the inner corner or even the crease (if applied on top of the darker colors). The lightest shade works well for lightening any of the darker colors, and the two darkest colors really bring out my eyes if used in the crease/outer corner. Although these aren't the most pigmented shadows, the palette was $8.00, and for that price, it's a good palette. I'd definitely repurchase, and I'm actually going to buy the NYX Sex Bomb palette (same concept as this one but with different shades) for my prom makeup.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

SUPER disappointed in this product. I was expecting it to be a good dupe for the Urban Decay Naked palettes but it couldn't even match up to other drugstore eyeshadows. The shadows were chalky and I had to work really hard to get any color to pay off. It was a dusty mess and there was so much fallout it was impossible to work with. Just don't bother with this one.