Nivea NIVEA WATERPROOF EYE MAKE-UP REMOVER

Nivea NIVEA WATERPROOF EYE MAKE-UP REMOVER

1.9

on 9/28/2016 10:38:00 PM

Been using this for a while, seeing as I've had the bottle for a while and ... eeehhh. Could be a lot better.

I usually use this by dropping some on the back of my hand and wiping it from there onto a damp cotton pad. Since I wear pretty minimal makeup, it's always worked for me BUT never fully cut through my waterproof mascara (which is unfortunately the only kind I wear....). It usually takes a few wipes to get through most of it, then I have to go back over the lashline to get rid of my waterproof eyeliner. If I use more of try to double-cleanse with it, it stings. Once done it also leaves this unpleasant, sticky residue around my eyes that I have to wipe away with a wet cloth or cotton pad, and I really don't want to do more scrubbing around my eyes after all that I had to do to get my normal makeup off.

I'm starting to look for a new one now that I've started wearing makeup more frequently. I'm not willing to scrub harder and lose eyelashes to get all my eye makeup off with this. I also really hate waking up with black clumps in my lashes because of the leftover residue.

on 6/28/2014 8:39:00 AM

does the job - removes eye makeup (waterproof or not is still yet to be tested, not sure it will see the day to be honest). it is creamy, not really a problem. the problem is that when I use it, my eyes blur out for a while until rinse... and the worse part is, it burns. maybe its just me, but I don't know how to work gracefully with this.

To Read all 7 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/21/2014 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Does this product work? Yes, but not well.
Does it have the smell and consistency of Elmers Glue? Yes.
Not exactly what I look for in an eye makeup remover.
Will not purchase again.
In fact, I wish I could return it.

on 11/29/2013 5:09:00 PM

Not work at all! I bought this because of the waterproof I see, but really disappointed!

This wouldn't take off my waterproof mascara AT ALL. I even let it sit on my lashes to see if it would then wipe off. Nope, basically just lost a bunch of lashes trying to wipe it off. It barely would even remove my plain powder eyeshadow. Will return immediately.

I bought this as I was looking for an effective, yet gentle waterproof mascara remover. Not a fan. It works "ok". That's it. Nothing spectacular. In fact I have better luck removing stubborn eye makeup with my Pond's Cold Cream. My eyes water as well when I use it. I'm a bit disappointed as Nivea is one of my staple lines.

Will not repurchase.

on 8/17/2013 10:00:00 PM

Creamy, gentle, no irritating scent, and it removes my waterproof mascara (Maybelline's The Rocket). It does take a double sided cotton pad per eye to remove everything, three pads in total (3 sides per eye) if I'm wearing heavy eyeliner. I usually squirt some out of the squeeze bottle onto a pad, and then just let it sit on my closed eye for several seconds before wiping. Even if it gets into my eyes, it is not irritating. I like the flip top cap, but I would prefer a clear bottle to see how much product is left.