Marc Jacobs Magic Marc'er Precision Pen

Marc Jacobs Magic Marc'er Precision Pen

3.9

The shape of this eyeliner is really great for an easy application. It is really easy to manuever the product to line both eyes. I use my right hand for both eyes, and I sometimes find that an eyeliner can often be hard to apply to my left eye because the right angle is blocked by my nose. The shape of this makes it very easy to apply. A thin line on my lid only takes seconds and it is quick to dry. If I do screw up, it is also easy to fix with a q-tip or anything else. This eyeliner is really waterproof, and has never transferred or ran. I have bawled my eyes out watching a movie, or gone swimming, and it does not go anywhere. The only downsides are the price, and how hard it can be to remove. I have to use a designated eye makeup remover, and I have to rub a little harder than I'd like to remove it. It is a great product and I don't see myself using anything else, but it is annoying I actually have to budget extra money to be able to buy an eyeliner.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Overall, this is a decent eyeliner and it's great for those dramatic winged eyeliner looks.
I used this for a night out in Vegas a few month ago and it didn't budge at all. Removal was a bit of a challenge and I had dark circles around my eyes the next morning still.

Despite these great attributes, I wouldn't pay the price tag for something I can get elsewhere for much cheaper, such as the Korean makeup brands. Their eye liners wear like iron and cost a fraction.

In all honesty, I haven't been drawn to the Marc Jacobs makeup line as I think it's overpriced in comparison to the quality. I got this liner as part of the Sephora point perks so at least I'm not out of pocket.

Still, if you love a luxurious black felt tip liner that doesn't move, this one is good.

To Read all 33 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/23/2015 7:52:00 AM

I do a tight line and the tip is not stiff enough for that. It's almost like a brush. The color and staying power are very good but it's not nirvana for me.

on 10/14/2015 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Love it! Definitely stays true to the name of precision!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I only use liquid when I'm out of the house and in need of a touch up on my gel pot eyeliner. This is my HG liquid simply because the design of the pen makes it the easiest to apply on the go as opposed to Stila's eyeliner. The downside is it dries out quickly (1-2 months) making this an expensive habit to maintain.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a bit on a fence with this eyeliner. I love the packaging and I love how glossy black line it gives. I am less sure about the price point though.

I've been a Bobbi Brown gel liner user for years so it is my first foray into eyeliners in a pen form - and my conclusion is that it takes longer to create a line I am after (thin and very close to the lash line) with this one. I am also wondering how long this pen is going to last with a pretty much every day use (Bobbi's tiny pots lasts me at least 12 months) - so far I've had it for 2 months and I am using it at least 3 times a week and so far so good - it is still moist and it creates a reasonably thin, smooth line.

It is long lasting but it smudges slightly on my very oily eyelids although with NARS 's primer underneath it is not an issue any more.

EDIT: I had to get rid of it after 3 months of constant use because it started drying out and dragged my lid. So it is a lovely but extremely short lived product (and very expensive as well!), I will not be buying again.

on 6/9/2015 3:47:00 PM

I will repurchase this over and over again. The lasting power of this eyeliner in incredible, it lasts all day and even when I scrub with my Purity cleanser it still is a struggle to take off. I know some may see that as a con but I love it. It's very precise and fine tipped, I haven't had any problems with fraying or drying out.

on 6/4/2015 6:42:00 AM

This marker pen is pretty intense. It lasted all day with practically no smudging. Wow! I like the pen format best for application, so it works quite well for me. The only detriment to this product is that it does not want to come off at the end of the day. I used a makeup remover and an oil cleanser, and I still could not clean my lashline. I like this product, but I wish they explained a trick to take off this product at the end of the day.

Update 08/26/2015: I do not know what is up with this product. At first, I could not remove it, now I find it flaking off during the day. Eh, my all-time favorite liquid liner is Stila Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner, because it performs well consistently.

on 6/1/2015 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

To me this product is so true to its name 'Magic Marc'er'. I've tried many types of eyeliners from high end brands prior to this one (pencil, gel, liquid you name it). None of those products stay put on my upper or lower lash line for the whole day. They always end up smearing or smudging even after I applied primers such as NARS or Urban Decay Potion underneath.

This Magic Marc'er though is a completely different story. I was being very skeptical at first. I took one look at the packaging and fell in love with it. Very sleek and gorgeous. I applied it for the first time and my gosh it works... It doesn't even need any primer to stay put. By the end of a long day at work my lines still looked as perfect as after I first applied it.

Highly recommended!

It's smooth, easy to manuveur and stays on.