Clarins Beauty Flash Balm

Clarins Beauty Flash Balm
Beauty Flash BalmClarins Beauty Flash BalmClarins Beauty Flash Balm

3.7

Aqua/Water/Eau, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecanol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Stearate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Bisabolol, Sodium Hydroxide, Parfum/Fragrance, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Citrate, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf Extract, Algae Extract, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Coumarin, Benzyl Salicylate, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Eugenol, Limonene, Isoeugenol, Ci 15985/Yellow 6E.

on 6/10/2018 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Am I glad I discovered this - I feel like I've unearthed a several decades-long beauty secret.

Clarins claims this brightens, tightens, and adds radiance to the skin. The Clarins Beauty Flash Balm is a multitasking moisturizer AND primer (if you choose to wear makeup over it). You can go bare with this balm - it's essentially a facelift in a tube.

On days when I have a bloaty face, I press this balm on (don't rub this in!) and it tightens my skin and makes my jawline and cheeks sharper and more defined.

When I want to dress to impress, I add this to my makeup routine - applying it after my usual moisturizer and using it as a makeup base. My application focuses on my cheeks and jawline because that's where I experience the most bloating. This has a scent, but I personally find it alluring. It makes me feel high class.

I was reading on Nordstrom how women have stated that they've been using this balm for over 10+ years, which is incredibly inspiring because makeup and skincare nowadays feels very commercial and gimmicky.

I have yet to use this as a mask, mostly because I wear it underneath my makeup. It gives my makeup a dreamy look, and I look positively poreless - with the addition of a lifted effect. The balm helps my foundation melt into my skin. This is a really great product as, since recently I've gained a bit of weight, it keeps my face looking fabulous.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received a few sample size tubes in an online order for other beauty products and thought ok, they might be good for travel instead of hauling my usual moisturizers, etc with me. What a mistake to not try this out first at home! There is so much fragrance in this balm that it makes me gag. It’s not as if it has a nice scent either. It’s 1970’s old lady skincare smell. Texture is thick - and I don’t mind that if I like the product - but this one is really greasy and unpleasant on the skin. The only other flash balm product I have (and can compare it to) is the Pixi Rose Flash Balm which is much nicer in my opinion. Total fail for me.

on 5/5/2018 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I’ve had this product for some time and rarely reach for it. I don’t see the difference when I use this as other reviewers have stated. For me it’s just ‘meh’. It evens out texture, makeup applies nicely over it but I don’t notice any thing over and beyond.. I’m a big fan of Clarins products but this one really doesn’t do much for me... #leavesmeonthefence

on 12/19/2017 2:34:00 AM

I purchased a small tube of this online (15 ml / 0.5 Oz) and I use such a small amount each time that it will last forever. When I finish this tube I'll buy another small one.

For me, there are two cons to this product. First, I'm not completely clear as to what it is - is it a primer? a moisturizer? I find that products that are not well-defined will be less used... The second con is the warnings on it (you'll find warnings online as well), such as 'don't use this too many times a week', or as it says on the package itself, 'apply without rubbing in'.

Once we get past these two cons, this product is insane. I use it as a primer for times when I want my makeup to look flawless. A pea-sized amount suffices to my entire face (I use it on mainly on my T-zone and pore zone next to the nose). It's creamy and feels luxurious, and it makes my skin look photo-shopped.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have had this for a while but never used it until the other day. I had a late night and had to meet someone for breakfast. Looked dreadful. Then I remembered this stuff. It does exactly what it says it does. Made me look 100 per cent better.

I like lot of Clarins products but this did nothing for me and just sat on top of my skin, not absorbing at all. It sounded so perfect but didn't agree with my skin type.

I have used a full bottle/tube of this product and still have no idea what it does???

I have noticed no visual improvement to the way my makeup looks or lasts.
Also the fact that the instructions state that you have to apply the product quickly without rubbing it in and quickly apply foundation afterwards makes me feel - honestly- rushed to do my foundation.

I haven't felt like my skin looks tighter or more fresh and awake.

I'm a fan of clarins products but this one is a dud.

Also it smells very strong, While the smell doesnt last ...or maybe you just get used to it after a few min I would rather not put something that smells like my grandmothers shampoo on my face.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have been fooled by this product to many times now! It is nice in the beginning making my face look soft but after some time I start to dry out, get breakouts and my skin gets irritated. I stop to use it, forget about it but then after a couple of years, I read about in beauty magazines and think What the heck - let's give it another try. But after a few uses- it messes my skin up - bad! And I am not sensitive. But I am clearly not using it again! Not as a facial treatment or under my makeup. Not at all.

I have sensitive skin, acne prone skin with eczema and bought this to help treat dry patches and brighten my skin.
I felt like this was very goopy and thick, not to mention it had such a strange smell. But I decided to try it anyway. The next morning my skin felt very heavy and greasy. It didn't seem like it brightened or fixed the dry patches. I was incredibly disappointed and would not repurchase this.

on 6/13/2016 4:23:00 AM

This product doesn't work for me. Its too oily for my combination T zone skin. I also do not understand the benefit of this product - it just didn't do anything to my skin. I still have a trial/sample size, I might try them again as a mask as reviewed by one of the reviewer here.