Clarins Beauty Flash Balm

Clarins Beauty Flash Balm
Beauty Flash BalmLife on NarsClarins Beauty Flash BalmClarins Beauty Flash Balm

3.7

Aqua/Water/Eau, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecanol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Stearate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Bisabolol, Sodium Hydroxide, Parfum/Fragrance, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Citrate, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf Extract, Algae Extract, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Coumarin, Benzyl Salicylate, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Eugenol, Limonene, Isoeugenol, Ci 15985/Yellow 6E.

I have used a full bottle/tube of this product and still have no idea what it does???

I have noticed no visual improvement to the way my makeup looks or lasts.
Also the fact that the instructions state that you have to apply the product quickly without rubbing it in and quickly apply foundation afterwards makes me feel - honestly- rushed to do my foundation.

I haven't felt like my skin looks tighter or more fresh and awake.

I'm a fan of clarins products but this one is a dud.

Also it smells very strong, While the smell doesnt last ...or maybe you just get used to it after a few min I would rather not put something that smells like my grandmothers shampoo on my face.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have been fooled by this product to many times now! It is nice in the beginning making my face look soft but after some time I start to dry out, get breakouts and my skin gets irritated. I stop to use it, forget about it but then after a couple of years, I read about in beauty magazines and think What the heck - let's give it another try. But after a few uses- it messes my skin up - bad! And I am not sensitive. But I am clearly not using it again! Not as a facial treatment or under my makeup. Not at all.

To Read all 403 Reviews, Login or Join

I have sensitive skin, acne prone skin with eczema and bought this to help treat dry patches and brighten my skin.
I felt like this was very goopy and thick, not to mention it had such a strange smell. But I decided to try it anyway. The next morning my skin felt very heavy and greasy. It didn't seem like it brightened or fixed the dry patches. I was incredibly disappointed and would not repurchase this.

on 6/13/2016 4:23:00 AM

This product doesn't work for me. Its too oily for my combination T zone skin. I also do not understand the benefit of this product - it just didn't do anything to my skin. I still have a trial/sample size, I might try them again as a mask as reviewed by one of the reviewer here.

Received a free sample of this as part of a Clarins promotion. I had heard rave reviews about it for years and figured it couldn't have much of an impact on my now mature (hate that word) and super-sensitive skin.

WRONG.

While it did make my makeup look absolutely wonderful - I took the advice of one MUA reviewer who said make sure you "pat, pat, pat it on" and not rub it - I suffered a breakout that took me back to my teenage years.

So, sadly, not for me.

on 5/28/2016 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is definitely an added luxury product for me, but I do really like it and will continue to purchase. I've gone through multiple tubes.I have a good skincare routine, so I don't notice a big difference when I use this as a mask when my skin is in good condition or on a daily basis. So, now I only use it when I need it. When I have a rough or long night and wake up looking particularly bad, tired, and puffy, I use this. It makes me look awake and somewhat fresh - or just less horrible overall. It really makes a big difference on those mornings. This actually works great for me because it's a bit pricey and more of a special product.

Price: $47.00 for 1.7 oz. It is pricey. I only purchase as part of the holiday gift sets, which offer great deals.

Ingredients:

on 4/7/2016 12:22:00 PM

Clarins Beauty Flash Bal: This stuff is GREAT! I use it every day BEFORE putting on any minimal makeup - and it keeps makeup fresh all day! It seems to serve as a filler, but very natural looking...or, maybe it's just ME!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I got this as a part of their set. I liked it, they say you can use it multiple ways - as a basic moisturizer, as a mask or as a primer. I used it mostly on top of my moisturizer and prior to applying my makeup, on special ocassion. It did seem to brighten my skin and made it look less tired. Somehow it would enhance my entire makeup look. I would buy it again, but only if it was on an offer. I don't think this is a necessary step in your routine, it's just an extra treat for your skin.

on 1/2/2016 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm very glad I got a smaller size of this on a deal, because otherwise I'd be kicking myself for spending that much money on a product that essentially does nothing for my skin. I understand that some people may like that it's a bit of an all-purpose product, but to me it's just frustrating, because any way I try it it's just an odd product at the end of the day. I've used it as a fifteen minute mask, I've used it overnight and I've used it as a makeup primer, but it has failed to impress me time after time. Perhaps it'd be more effective on mature skin? I wouldn't recommend it to someone my age anyway. I know it's a long-running favourite of Clarins, and I think maybe today it's not quite as revolutionary as it once was. The scent, at the very least, feels very outdated. It smells like a bit like my grandma's perfume of choice, and no offence to her, but she /is/ 94 years old.

on 12/28/2015 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really hated this. I has a very silicony slip which tell me I could break out from this but over everything It smells so bad I still could smell it hours laters. Very annoying. Had to wash my face.