Clarins Beauty Flash Balm

Clarins Beauty Flash Balm
image 1image 2image 3image 4

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecanol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Stearate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Bisabolol, Sodium Hydroxide, Parfum/Fragrance, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Citrate, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf Extract, Algae Extract, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Coumarin, Benzyl Salicylate, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Geraniol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Eugenol, Limonene, Isoeugenol, Ci 15985/Yellow 6E.

on 6/13/2016 4:23:00 AM

This product doesn't work for me. Its too oily for my combination T zone skin. I also do not understand the benefit of this product - it just didn't do anything to my skin. I still have a trial/sample size, I might try them again as a mask as reviewed by one of the reviewer here.

Received a free sample of this as part of a Clarins promotion. I had heard rave reviews about it for years and figured it couldn't have much of an impact on my now mature (hate that word) and super-sensitive skin.

WRONG.

While it did make my makeup look absolutely wonderful - I took the advice of one MUA reviewer who said make sure you "pat, pat, pat it on" and not rub it - I suffered a breakout that took me back to my teenage years.

So, sadly, not for me.

To Read all 400 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/28/2016 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is definitely an added luxury product for me, but I do really like it and will continue to purchase. I've gone through multiple tubes.I have a good skincare routine, so I don't notice a big difference when I use this as a mask when my skin is in good condition or on a daily basis. So, now I only use it when I need it. When I have a rough or long night and wake up looking particularly bad, tired, and puffy, I use this. It makes me look awake and somewhat fresh - or just less horrible overall. It really makes a big difference on those mornings. This actually works great for me because it's a bit pricey and more of a special product.

Price: $47.00 for 1.7 oz. It is pricey. I only purchase as part of the holiday gift sets, which offer great deals.

Ingredients:

on 4/7/2016 12:22:00 PM

Clarins Beauty Flash Bal: This stuff is GREAT! I use it every day BEFORE putting on any minimal makeup - and it keeps makeup fresh all day! It seems to serve as a filler, but very natural looking...or, maybe it's just ME!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I got this as a part of their set. I liked it, they say you can use it multiple ways - as a basic moisturizer, as a mask or as a primer. I used it mostly on top of my moisturizer and prior to applying my makeup, on special ocassion. It did seem to brighten my skin and made it look less tired. Somehow it would enhance my entire makeup look. I would buy it again, but only if it was on an offer. I don't think this is a necessary step in your routine, it's just an extra treat for your skin.

on 1/2/2016 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm very glad I got a smaller size of this on a deal, because otherwise I'd be kicking myself for spending that much money on a product that essentially does nothing for my skin. I understand that some people may like that it's a bit of an all-purpose product, but to me it's just frustrating, because any way I try it it's just an odd product at the end of the day. I've used it as a fifteen minute mask, I've used it overnight and I've used it as a makeup primer, but it has failed to impress me time after time. Perhaps it'd be more effective on mature skin? I wouldn't recommend it to someone my age anyway. I know it's a long-running favourite of Clarins, and I think maybe today it's not quite as revolutionary as it once was. The scent, at the very least, feels very outdated. It smells like a bit like my grandma's perfume of choice, and no offence to her, but she /is/ 94 years old.

on 12/28/2015 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really hated this. I has a very silicony slip which tell me I could break out from this but over everything It smells so bad I still could smell it hours laters. Very annoying. Had to wash my face.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got a few samples and only tried those but i was fairly disappointed.

It did absolutely nothing for my skin. It felt dry and sticky and it rolls off my face if i rub. I did not see any difference afterwards and my skin definitely did not feel or look better.

Save your money.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

it is a nice pick-me-up product, but it only makes a difference for the first few times you use it, plus you have to be carefull not to roll it off your skin when you apply foundation on top

on 11/14/2015 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I've learned that Flash Balm has been around since the '90s, but, honestly, other than the deodorant, I'd never been drawn to Clarins' products. I purchased this when I was looking for a "clear makeup" type product. At first I was disappointed with Flash Balm because I thought the texture and the scent were like Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè, for twice the price. The light, soft scent is similar, but Lait-Crème Concentrè leaves a dewy finish, and Flash Balm is truly invisible. I'm not much of a moisturizer user, so, to me, Flash Balm feels "moist" upon application, and I was afraid of grease and breakouts. For the first use I did a Flash Balm mask, for 15 minutes. My skin felt so good afterward that I decided to use this as a primer/foundation the next day. I was in a hurry, so I applied this and went about my day. At one point I caught sight of my face in my rear view mirror and I did a double-take. It was smooth, even, and MATTE; free of foundation, powder, or blotting paper! Flash Balm absorbs completely, and leaves my skin feeling pliable and shocklingly silky. It leaves a very subtle, "natural" radiance on my skin. I like Flash Balm because it looks and feels so incredibly soft, like baby skin. The directions say to use this 2-3x per week (I have no idea why not every day?), so I've used this every 2-3 days (as mask or weekend makeup) for a couple of weeks. It hasn't caused breakouts, and I'm still amazed at the softness this gives my skin. This really is not an ordinary moisturizer or primer or mask. Now I understand why this is a stand-out product that's been a best-seller for decades. It's too bad it took me so long to hear about it!

UPDATE: The more I use this, the more I love it. It is great for an instant pick-me-up and it's the best primer I've ever used. I read that this "can't be used" everyday, here and there on beauty blogs, but no reasoning source was ever provided to support this claim. It made no sense to me, so I emailed Clarins. They wrote:

There is no harm in using Beauty Flash Balm everyday if you wish. You can continue to use to the product the same way you have been doing.It is gentle enough for everyday use.
Should you need any further information please do not hesitate to contact Clarins Customer Service at 1-866-325-2746, Monday through Friday, 9:30AM - 6:30PM EST.

Sincerely,