bareMinerals BareMinerals Prime Time Foundation Primer

bareMinerals BareMinerals Prime Time Foundation Primer

2.5

on 2/22/2018 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Nothing special about this primer. Reminds me of smashbox photo finish primer that I used over a decade ago. Silicone base, so super smooth application. Don't put too much on to avoid pilling. Works well with my liquid and powder foundation from different brands (MAC, Clinique, It cosmetics). If its on sale I may purchase again.

on 8/9/2017 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Best primer I've ever used!!!
Silky smooth, blurring, natural matte, keeps my oils from reaching my foundation, very longwearing, keeps my makeup from sliding.. formula is amazing and it doesn't break me out and it's very lightweight on the skin. When I had it I felt like it didn't do enough. I needed extra pore filling and a more matte finish. But after trying Becca, benefit and Bobbi brown- I went back to this. Only after having it I realized how smooth my makeup application was. My makeup looked flawless with this. So sad I don't have this anymore, but it's definitely worth it. The little bottle lasted for 5 months at least.

on 1/22/2016 9:08:00 PM

I got this as a sample from Sephora. Its an okay foundation primer, its reminiscent of the Maybelline baby skin primer and the Tarte poreless primer. Same consistency and same silicone texture.

on 9/21/2015 9:40:00 PM

Where to begin...My mistake in wanting to try a new primer.I actually liked the primer I was currently wearing.The only dislike of it was it was white & had a pearly sheen to it.I decided to stop @ the Bare Escentuals shop.I just wanted to get a sample of a foundation.The girl was really sweet & really helpful.She had given me a sample of the foundation,powder & the primer.I was actually more excited to try the primer sample,being that it was "clear" color.I gave this a try with the foundation/powder sample.Absolutely horrible.Okay,so I didn't want to give up.The following day,decided to try it with my everyday foundation/powder.Absolutely horrible again.It actually doesn't feel like a primer on my skin,maybe a lotion...lol.Well,from this expierence looks like Bare Escentuals would not be a good match for me & so glad I didn't purchased any products to only return.

on 11/16/2014 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Meh. I got a sample of this stuff and I'm glad I didn't buy the full bottle. It's really not a great product. I wanted to love it because I love BareMinerals's products, but no. It leaves my face pretty greasy and it did not make the difference in my makeup application that I wanted it to. I'll stick with Smashbox's primer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This breaks me out and I didn't notice a significant difference in my makeup when I used it.

on 11/13/2014 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I have normal/dry skin and the first time i bought this primer i did it almost without knowing, (it went along with the start kit of bareminerals). I LOVE it. It doesn't dry me out and it works for other foundations too.... i don't know why people don't think this is a good primer.... but anyways i love it. And i think absolutely people with more dry skin should try this out.

This product wasn't that great to be honest. I didn't find it lasted long both in the bottle or on my skin. My make up didn't stay on longer so I def think there are better primers on the market

When I first used it, I didn't let it dry completely and thus, the primer sort of wiped away when I applied foundation. I followed another reviewer's suggestion and let it dry completely (3-5 minutes) before applying foundation. The application was smoother and my foundation lasted much longer. However, my skin gets very, very oily during summer, and the primer could not keep the oilies at bay. After several hours, my face looked shiny - in a bad way. I'll be on the lookout for a cheaper primer that can hold up to the heat.

Also, I believe it is causing me to breakout.

on 5/2/2014 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Over all, this primer is ok. nothing more...

It definately helps the fondation staying in place and does not accentuates my acne, but do not control the oily texture of my skin at all.

I applied this under my liquid fondation and cream concealer, fix everything up with loose powder then spray my whole face with the make up setting spray form NYX.
At noon, I needed to re-powder my face to control the shine and at 6pm, I could not put my fingers on my face because some spot of foundation would litteraly slides from my skin and stay on my finger tips. I was expecting more from this product because the price is high!