Pacifica Stellar Gaze Length & Strength Mineral Mascara

Pacifica Stellar Gaze Length & Strength Mineral Mascara

3.8

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Purchased: non waterproof version in Stardust (just like one pictured).
Good things: cruelty-free; 'natural' ingredients; lengthens (but doesn't add volume); "wet" formula as opposed to "thick"; it's a beautiful dark black; price is cheaper than some of my favourites ($15.99 Cdn).
Not-so-great things: sort of stings my eyes; by end of day kept getting stuff in my eyes (I sense this was pieces of mascara coming off?).

Have only been using for a week. Will update once I know how long the formula actually lasts (I get about 3-4 months out of high-end mascaras, but cheaper ones usually only last about a month -- we'll see about this one).

Verdict: irregardless of how long it lasts, I won't repurchase due to issues above (stinging my eyes, era). But it may work for others.

on 3/31/2017 9:28:00 AM

I am a fan of vegan, cruelty free products. Have tried a lot of mascaras that fit this description but they were disappointing. Pacifica Stellar Gaze is wonderful! No smudging, no flaking, adds definition & length to my lashes. Love it! It's easy to remove (non-waterproof type). Highly recommend.

on 8/30/2016 8:03:00 PM

My absolutely favorite new mascara - super wet, goes on nicely on top of my Hard Candy primer and stays put until I take it off at night with eye make up remover.
Replaced the fat brush with the Hard Candy skinny brush, and used the fat brush with the Primer...works like a charm.
And they do NOT animal test.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my HG mascara because not only is it cruelty free and not loaded with a bunch of junk, but it also lasts all day with no flaking or transfer. It's not going to give any lengthining or thickening but will enhance natural lashes and comes off easily with both soap and makeup removers.
I prefer the color stardust, which is brown, but the black shade supernova is just as nice and reminds me of Clinique's naturally glossy mascara. The formula starts to thicken after 2-3 months of normal use, and will clump around month 5 or 6, but this is around the time anyone should be replacing mascara anyways.

on 5/5/2016 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Review for 'Supernova':

I have mixed feelings about this mascara. I'm Asian, and have small eyes and short, sparse lashes. While this mascara did an excellent job providing length and volume to my nearly non-existent lashes, I found this mascara difficult to work with, mostly due to the large size of the brush.

The brush is huge--like, larger than even the Benefit BADgal brush. For someone with smaller eyes and short lashes, this made it difficult to apply the mascara. I had to be ultra careful to make sure that the product went on my lashes and not my eyelid, or anywhere else! While I do like the mascara formula, I likely will not repurchase due to the troubles with application from the size of the brush.

Pros:
Provides great volume and length to my sparse and short lashes (with just one coat!)
No smudging, no clumping
Cruelty-free & vegan

Cons:
Brush is huge. I sadly would not recommend this mascara to anyone with small eyes, or short lashes like me :(

This mascara lengthens and volumizes my skinny skinny lashes and looks totally soft and natural. It starts drying up about 5 weeks after first use, but I don't care! Even if I have to buy it more often, it still costs a lot less than high end brands, I like it better, andbit's worth it for the look I get - - soft but full and mysterious.

on 11/10/2015 7:51:00 AM

Only for a natural look, will clump really bad if you aim for more.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Pros: Lengthening, no smudging, no flaking, no weird mascara smell, Etc, etc.

Cons: Brush is really big. (that's it!)

This mascara is awesome!

I have used Physicians Formula Organic Wear CC Mascara for awhile now and wanted to try something else. so my mom got this for me for Christmas.

The packaging is great! I love that it comes in a box! makes it feel more expensive than it really is.

The PF mascara wand is smaller and has a slight curve, this Pacifica wand is HUGE compared. I opened the mascara for the first time and and thought "Oh my god!"
Switching from a smaller curved wand to a bigger thicker wand was a challenge (I got it all over my lid) now I have used it a little more and I'm starting to figure it out.

Now, the formula, it's wet. but the wand holds a lot more product so you can go back a forth between lashes and not have to pump it back in.

The finished look, is very lengthening (Like the package says) but very little volume... Unlike the PF mascara where it stays kinda tacky for a few hours. this dries like you would expect any mascara to dry.

the price, is nice. It's a little more expensive than I'd like to pay for (PF as more sales and rollbacks) but it is worth it!

All n' all, this is a great mascara! and I will buy again! <3

on 2/18/2016 9:03:00 PM

I recently purchased this mascara after using Physician's Formula for some time after Urban Decay was taken over by L'Oreal and discontinued their vegan mascara :(. For the price, this is really good purchase. I paid $17 at Whole Foods and it is natural, cruelty-free, and vegan, which meets all three of my criteria! The packaging is quite nice, and I don't find the size or shape of the brush to be an issue with my eyes. The mascara itself is a TAD wet, but not clumpy or tacky which I like. Goes on nicely and I find it gives me better length and volume than the Physician's Formula Organic Wear Bigger Better Lashes mascara. I found my lashes stuck together a little bit in spots, but nothing that couldn't be fixed by a separating brush (or whatever that thing is called!). I find most mascaras do that anyway. I purchased the black one and the colour is nice as well, just your typical black. The mascara can be built up in layers for more volume, however I find that it makes my lashes look clumpier and less natural, which isn't really my style. Not big on spider leg lashes. I did however notice that my eyes stung a little bit after application for about half an hour, which is something I have never experienced with a mascara before. Will keep using for now and see if it continues. If so, may not repurchase because it is sort of concerning as well as annoying. Anyways, great mascara if you are looking for something with good ingredients that is also vegan for the price!

UPDATE: After having used this mascara for a few weeks now, I am loving it. It no longer has a burning sensation after application (only had that happen the first few times I used it). Makes my lashes nice and long with a bit of volume and separates them fairly well. No smudging/flaking, even wore this on a night out and it looked great with dramatic eye make up. Will re-purchase.

on 5/3/2016 8:29:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this product. I have fairly long dark eyelashes already. I like to wear mascara to enhance what I already have. It is black and non-water proof, which is what I wanted. I believe there is a water-proof version. This is my first non-water proof mascara and I love It. I cannot be bothered to remove all of my eye makeup each night because there is always some dark left over so when I wake up the next morning its like I didn't remove it in the first place, but not with this!! Because of the non-water proof formula is is really easy to remove. My eyelashes are clump free the next day. It does not smudge or leave marks on my eyelids or under my eye like some mascaras do (but then again I don't touch my eyes at all during the day). Water-proof mascaras always ran when I cried anyway so I am so glad I made the switch. Over all I am really happy. Only downside is the brush is really thick so I do occasionally touch my skin while getting into the hard to reach corners but I think that is tricky anyway. Happy it is vegan and cruelty free.