Essence Essence I Love Punk Eyeliner Pen

Price: $

on 4/29/2015 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

God this is shitty. I read the reviews but still figured I'd get it since it was marked down to basically a dollar. On the first try, I thought it wasn't as bad as some people thought. It went on not super deep and dark, it was like a marker. Awkward but doable. I get how people say it's a light black, I get how people say it's hard to use. It's not very saturated. I keep wondering if mine is dried out. I also read that someone said it didn't cause those liner bald spots when you go over it. At first I noticed it didn't, but then it did after a while. Cuz lets be real, no one gets it perfect the first time which is what you have to do with this to like it ok. I added another liner on top to help make the lines more crisp, but that just made more bald spots. Ugh. I got it because it was so cheap and I wanted and easy liner for work (I can't bring in new makeup that I can't prove I paid for previously so I buy a lot of cheap crap there) but I seriously am debating returning it for my dollar back. Not sure just yet. But yea, I see why they are pulling this off shelves.

On the second try: Better, but I still need more than one liner, which is how it always seems to be. It's on the eh side of ok. But at least it was cheap so that's kinda neat. Like I said this is a back up, but I would pay more for a better liner. I prefer Prestige liquid liner pots or their Total Intensity pen.

This was cool. It wasn't just any liner, it was a felt tip marker type. I got it in black, which I think was the only shade available. It went on well, and had good staying power. The color itself is great when applied. It was cheap, essence always is. I got it for roughly 3.99. The packaging I liked, it was cute. Jet black marker pen with pink "I <3 Punk" writing. When you opened the cap, there was a plastic cap defending the felt tip from the top. This became annoying and awkward eventually, as it got stuck a lot more than once. It slowed me down applying makeup. Overall I would totes buy again. It's a great product and ticks most of my boxes and I have recommended to friends.