Now Foods Moroccan Red Clay Powder

Now Foods Moroccan Red Clay Powder
Moroccan Red Clay Powder

4.4

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

On my second purchase of this. Non-drying! My skin is irritated by bentonite clay, so I switched to this for DIY masks. I do a weekly mask with this, adding water, tea tree oil, peppermint oil (just a tiny drop!!) and avocado oil. Adding an oil makes this easier to mix. Honestly this has worked wonders for my acne prone, dry sensitive skin.

on 11/19/2016 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is great for drying out and and bringing blemishes up to the surface. Definitely consider mixing with rose water or adding Neem oil or Lavender oil to help soothe skin. This is one of my essentials for my skincare routine.

on 3/15/2016 8:08:00 AM

I suspect this contains some cornflour or other vegetable matter as it seems lighter and fluffier than other clays (and cheaper). I can't prove this and I may be wrong, but I can say it doesn't give me a sensation of anything being drawn out, and it isn't as effective as other clays I have used.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Holy grail for my oily and acne-prone skin!! I was going to order the Aztec Healing Clay, but let's be real; that stuff may be dirt cheap, but it is NEVER in stock!
Then I saw this in the suggestions! They looked similar and the reviews on here were great so I bought two 'cuz if felt like they were a little small.

I am so in love with this stuff! Don't follow the instructions because you'll just end up wasting the product. Instead of 1 tablespoon, I use a half-tablespoon and a LITTLE less than a half-tablespoon of water and I don't have any left over!
It does start to heat up and pulse, but it doesn't bug me much. And when it dries, I kid you not, it will be highly uncomfortable and maybe a little painful (maybe), but your skin will be amazing!
You might have a couple new pimples because it brings impurities to the surface, and if you have and open zit, it will pull out EVERYTHING and your skin will be flawless!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I got this for $7 from the vitamin shoppe because they didn't have the Aztec healing clay that everyone uses but this is the same thing and it is amazing! It is a powder and I mix it with apple cider vinegar and I use it once a week. It is my go to mask and I love how natural and pure it is! If I have acne this drastically shrinks them and makes it go away faster and my face feels tighter brighter and smooth! It removes all the nasty stuff that builds up. Awesome mask!

For $5.99, I had to give this a try. This is a tentative review because I used this for the first time last night. I have to admit once this started to dry it started to itch really freaking bad. That freaked me out a little so I rinsed it off instead of waiting the full 10-15 minutes. I was worried that I was having an adverse reaction but, other than my forehead being a little red, was fine. Apple cider vinegar does the same; my face turns bright red but after an hour or so it's back to normal. This morning my skin looked soft and smooth, unlike when I use St. Helen's mint mask, which usually causes a few new pimples each time I use it (which is why I only use that as an occasional spot treatment). I am very happy with this thus far, as I love using clay masks. It's nice because it's just the red clay instead of 800 random ingredients and parfum. This didn't aggravate my skin and that's always a blessing for me. Will definitely keep using.

Update: Okay, I'm still keeping the same amount of lippies because this mask is good at clearing up my pores. But good gosh, this mask ITCHES like a mother. I think the second time might have been itchier than the first! I've had multiple chemical peels before, and somehow this sensation was so much worse. I can't stand to keep it on my face for more than a couple of minutes after it dries, the sensation is so uncomfortable. I'm a little afraid I'm not reaping all the benefits because I don't let it sit for the full 10-15 minutes. Maybe I'll just sit in front of a fan the next time, haha.

Edit: 2-18-16

Every single time I use this mask, I'm left with a breakout and irritated skin. I just pitched it. I've used other masks that don't cause this kind of upset. So much for sensitive.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this stuff! It makes my skin feel so fresh and clean. I used to use bentonite clay but it became much too harsh for my sensitive skin so I switched to this. There really are no downsides...it's even pretty easy to wash off. I also love how it mixes well with water unlike bentonite! (ACV was too harsh when I put it in my masks) The price was reasonable even so I have no complaints.

on 12/26/2014 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I actually use this to clean my face instead of regular soap or cleanser. I simply pour about a tablespoon into the palm of my hand and add water until I have a thin paste. (The thinner the paste the faster it dries). I apply it all over my face and let it dry. I rinse with tepid water. The end result is soft clean skin. Currently I haven't been wearing makeup. I'd probably use some type of natural oil to remove the makeup first and follow up with this if I were wearing anything more than lipstick. This is a really good option if you want to go the natural route. It's ecomonical too.

YES GIRL OMG used once a week or bi weekly it makes my face SO smooth and pulls any pimples that would've taken awhile to surface right out 💜💜💜💜

on 6/5/2014 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product, having acne-prone skin I suffer a lot with breakouts from the smallest thing I change.

I mix this with Rose water to hydrate my skin at the same time. After leaving it on till it dries, wash off with warm water. The results are amazing, my skin instantly glows. If anyone has ever had a glycolic peel they will know the glowing/flushed look.

I would definitely recommend this product to anyone with problematic skin, the price it great too.