Michael Kors Glam Jasmine

3.9

on 6/20/2016 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Now I LOVE Glam Jasmine. I just deleted my 5/14/14 review & completely rewrote it below. I had stated in previous review that I really liked the fragrance and wished I could wear it but that it gave me a headache. No, it doesn't -- not now -- not in the slightest.

Glam Jasmine works reeeeally well in warm summery weather, and I wore it all weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's very PC, not too strong, inoffensive -- it's an airy, delicate fragrance -- yet the beautiful whiffs keep going for hours.

An EDP launched in 2013, below are notes, per parfumo.net:

Black currant, Jasmine, Sandalwood

It's light, fresh, airy, delicate, sweetly ethereal -- and because the jasmine is calmed by the black currant and is so lightly & freshly done, this fragrance does not give me a headache at all (as jasmine so often does).

It smells summery to me, but not sunscreenish -- and it's not heady or aggressive. It's not too far from Bobbi Brown Beach (which has a Coppertone vibe added) or Jennifer Aniston (which has a screechier jasmine note). It's more like the old d/c'd Marc Jacobs Blush -- ie, a gentle fresh airy jasmine. I wouldn't really call it "glam" -- I don't consider it dressy, night-time, or formal -- it's more casual, fresh-airy, outdoorsy -- almost beachy.

Glam Jasmine is light, ethereal, airy, fresh, and oh so pretty! It's now my fave of the trio, with Sexy Amber coming in 2nd (Sporty Citrus is a pass for me). I think the airy freshness of Glam Jasmine works better in Spring/Summer and the warmth of Sexy Amber works better in Fall/Winter.

on 4/20/2016 10:38:00 AM

As the reviewer before said... They have good chemistry with this... So do I! It is a lovely, Beautifully Classy Smell! Clean and Fresh and makes me feel Happy wearing it!!

To Read all 10 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow! Glam Jasmine and I got great chemistry. What a beautiful scent, I absolutely love it! Despite the price, am voting 5 for this. The bottle is simple, nice and the scent is to die for! Well at least I think so.

I must admit I have been put off getting perfumes with jasmine in it as I just thought they would smell bitter and way too strong (Bvlgari Jasmin Noir - too strong, Bvlgari Mon Jasmin Noir - bitter and gives me headaches, or Elie Saab Le Parfum - love the jasmine, but dissapears too quickly). Am guessing that the white flowers and sandalwood makes it so well balanced.

As soon as I sprayed it, I got a whiff of gorgeous jasmine that lasts me all day. Probably about 6 hours or so. The smell gets stronger whenever am outdoor. Perhaps the heat plays a major role in that. This is perfect for my daytime wear or office wear. Looks like I found myself my perfect jasmine. Just keeping an open mind on everything under the weather.

I bought a full 100ml bottle, that'll lasts me a long time. I'm eyeing on Sexy Amber as well. Soon to buy a full bottle of that too I hope.

I am giving this a very low rating mainly due to its price. On my skin this is a jasmine/tuberose combination lightened up with the blackcurrent and given a bit of staying power with the sandalwood. Sillage is low to moderate, staying power is pretty good (4-6 hours on me depending on the weather) and no one is offended by the way I smell when I wear it - nor are they turned on.

There are SO MANY white flower style perfumes out there that are cheaper, with better sillage and just as good if not better staying power. This type of fragrance is in the same vein as White Shoulders, the original Kim Kardashian fragrance, Madonna Truth or Dare, Coty Island Gardenia, Mor Snow Gardenia, and Paris Hilton Tease. I can get Tease for as low as $6 for 30ml's. I can buy a bottle of Jasmine Attar on Ebay for around $5. Why on earth am I going to pay over $100 for 50ml's of this? It's just so completely and utterly unoriginal.

About the best thing I can say is that it's not a room clearer like some white flower fragrances around. There is nothing particularly indolic about the jasmine so it's less likely to make some people feel ill. The only caveat - it can be a little strong when the weather is hot, but even then it's not a room clearer.

Seriously, for $100 you can buy a limited edition print or even an original painting that will last you a lifetime. Save your perfume budget for something unique, not something that reminds me of at least a dozen other, considerably cheaper, fragrances.

on 7/4/2014 7:21:00 AM

Beautiful exciting jasmine fragrance. It fades moderately quickly, though.

on 5/12/2014 12:53:00 AM

I love this perfume! Get so many compliments on it. Light but strong enough to last all day! Cant explain in you need to get it if you love a hint of jasmine in your perfume.

on 3/20/2014 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I am usually not a floral fragrance fan but this one is very glamorous and sexy.
I love sandalwood scent and the fact that it's mixed with jasmin scent is wonderful. Sandalwood is the key ingredient for me, without it I would probably not purchase Glam Jasmine. I like the fact that this fragrance (oposite from Citrus and Amber) does not fade after few hours, it is long lasting.
Glam Jasmine costs $100 (100ml) or 50ml ($75) at Macy's.
I don't think it's worthy to pay $100 for perfume that smells like jasmin. There are many other options.

on 10/18/2013 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I tried this mainly because I can't walk past a perfume counter without smelling something. I was curious to see how it compared to the original MK tuberose-laden monster. Pretty similar, but with jasmine. It really is death-by-jasmine, but I love jasmine, so this isn't a problem. There isn't a lot more going on though, so it will be an occasional fragrance for me as I wouldn't want to smell jasmine all day, every day. The dry down is a soft woody-musk melange, allegedly sandalwood, not to my nose, but at least it isn't one of the harsh sandalwood synthetics. I prefer it to Acqua di Parma's Gelsomino Nobile, and it's an acceptable, much less expensive, alternative to Armani's Eclat de Jasmin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This was love at first sniff! I'm an admitted jasmine lover, most of my perfumes have jasmine notes. This scent has a wonderful dry down and I was very surprised at the lasting power. Usually an hour after spraying, I can't smell the perfume I'm wearing. But Glam is different. It's still going strong in the afternoon but I spray it again just because I like it so much. I highly recommend this to anyone who wants a beautiful floral scent that smells more glam than Golden Girl and lasts all day.

on 8/12/2013 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I think I'd like this better if it didn't have the sandalwood. It's a white floral that seems more casual than "glam." Meh.

Popular Fragrances