Garnier Pure Active 2 in 1 Make-up Remover Purifying Gel

Garnier Pure Active 2 in 1 Make-up Remover Purifying Gel

4.1

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

HG here. Finding something to use to cleanse skin that can have dry-oily patches is ridiculously hard. This is the perfect thing for me, it doesn't really "foam up" but it gets kinda creamy as you go with it. The coolest thing with this is, that i can actually gently rub it on my closed eyes, to remove eye makeup (i do use a makeup remover after) and it doesn't sting my eyes at all.

on 2/17/2015 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Where has this cleanser been all my life? Right, in the drugstore and it costs like 4 or 5 euros. I've always been using eye-makeup remover, cleansing gel/foam and toner to clean my skin every day. With this gel I am pretty much done. It removes make-up, mascara, gel eyeliner, everything. And it doesn't sting AT ALL. I have super sensitive, very dry and acne prone skin. This cleanser makes my skin clean, fresh and I really appreciate it at night after a long day. That 3-step routine takes so much time. With one cleanser my whole face is clean. Sometimes I still use a toner just for the feeling of 100% clean skin. But the used cotton pads are really almost totally clean, I just remove the make-up left on my temples or jawline. I am amazed that it doesn't sting my eyes. Because all eye-makeup removers irritate my eyes to a certain degree. I'm not sure if it helps with acne, but I'm certain it doesn't harm acne prone skin. I definitely recommend this.

on 1/1/2015 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Genuinely shocked by how good this product is for my difficult skin (acne-prone, hypersensitive, rosacea, sometimes seb derm). Oils and cream cleansers were either breaking me out or causing seb derm to flair. My skin was too sore to wipe clean so I needed a rinse-off cleanser that could handle mid-full coverage mineral makeup. This is the product. It is an unscented, clear, runny gel which hasn't burnt or stung once. It takes off my MU in one go though I often double-cleanse with it. Lasts about 2-3 months. Lipid-free products (I.e. those without butters, oils, fats) have been a Godsend for my skin but sometimes hard to find. This cleanser is one of them- better cleansing power than Aquanil, cheap to buy, and easy to find on the high street. The only problem I have is that it's a bit drying after extended use, but I'm on my 4th bottle now and combined with a nightly aspirin mask, has restored my skin.

I really love this cleanser. It seems to just work and is ridiculously cheap. I try lots of expensive brands (I have some REN face wash just sitting in the bathroom going to waste) and this is the one that I come back to. It's not a miracle worker for acne, but it does help, and it removes makeup very well. I use it with a silicone scrublet and it foams up very well.

I use full foundation and that is always removed perfectly, but I do use an eye make up solvent first if I have been wearing a lot of eye makeup. The gel wash doesn't sting my eyes and is good for a gentle wash of the eye area to remove the solvent.

The pump dispenser is excellent, making it really easy to use when I'm tired at the end of the day, and it has a locking mechanism which is great for traveling. It has never leaked in my bag like some other products do.

on 2/14/2014 5:13:00 AM

This is a great makeup-remover and cleanser all in one! I use it to wash of my makeup every night and it takes it all of, even the waterproof stuff. It also works as a regular cleanser so I dont have to use a separate one after. I just use this and then I move on to the rest of my skincare routine. The consistency is a soft oil-like gel and it foames up great. Very comparable to high end cleansers such as Clinique Mild Facial Soap only much cheaper.
Ive used it for about six months and it has never broken me out. I will definitely repurchase!

THIS IS THE BEST MAKEUP CLEANSER EVER! I love this product,its doesnt cause any breakouts and cleans My skin really nice.ive used up My 3th Bottle. (Sorry for bad english)

on 10/11/2013 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Despite the name, it doesn’t actually remove make-up too well – not even for my extra light day makeup. I’ve used this cleanser after another cleanser, and alone in the mornings, just to get some use out of it. On the plus side, it’s fragrance-free and surprisingly gentle for a gel cleanser, which my skin usually doesn't respond well too. So to sum up: it’s on ok cleanser used in conjunction with another makeup remover.

on 8/21/2013 2:48:00 PM

I bought this in the first place because I have combination skin and get acne around my chin and mouth, I had a really bad break out a few weeks ago and bought this because it looked gentle and removed makeup at the same time.

I normally steer way clear of cleansers for oily or spotty skin because they are harsh and drying - plus I have to use another product to take off makeup, who can be bothered!?

So this apparently does it all, great, I thought, and the price isn't bad either, i'll give it a try.

I'm a complete high end snob, I've tried the most expensive cleansers out there - recently Elemental Herbologys gel cleanser which is around £28 a bottle (ridiculous) so I really don't like buying brands like Garnier, I know, it's lame but it's just how I feel.

I'm writing this review having bought my second bottle of this stuff today, it's really good actually. I am not keen on the packaging because you just can't compare it to high end (it matters to me), but you get loads and it is gentle as well. It doesn't take off all my makeup around my eyes but it doesn't sting them either, I use about half a pump of product to wash my face with.

The consistency is very runny clear gel and it lathers up fine but not too much.

So yeah, this stuff is great, it just does the job! It helps keep spots at bay, it clears makeup off my face (except for things like eyeliner which i take off with bioderma), it doesn't dry me out. Nice stuff!
I'm always on the look out for a nice expensive cleanser and this one isn't very luxurious but it's not bad - give it a try, I'd say its's a very very good cheap drugstore cleanser for those of us with combo skin!

on 8/11/2013 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Pros:
- Good at melting off the very last dregs of the makeup from my makeup brushes (after I've already used hand soap to get most of it off) and leaves them feeling quite soft.

Cons:
- Hard to get to lather.
- Too drying to use in addition to a cleanser.. (and I'm on the oily side of combination skin)
- .. But not cleansing enough to use alone.
- Despite being "ophthalmologically tested" and "gentle enough to use on eyes" it BURNED AND STANG MY EYES. And I don't have sensitive eyes.
- DOESN'T REMOVE MAKEUP.

Bottom line: It doesn't remove makeup. It isn't purifying. But it IS a gel. Yay... one out of three. Neeedless to say I wouldn't recommend and I'm already bemoaning the fact I bought this in the first place. Disappointed in Garnier.