Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30
RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

4.3

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

on 8/12/2018 6:25:00 PM

This was a light formula & the color worked well for my fair skin, but unfortunately this caused me large white head pimples on my cheek. I did not experience any other irritation. I am thankful I only bought samples!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I keep finding myself coming back to this moisturiser. It's soothing, even for my sensitive skin, blends in naturally and has a great SPF.

My only complaint is that it really is light, and I usually need to apply a moisturiser underneath.

on 6/12/2017 12:27:00 AM

Triple bad...The universal tint is not flattering. Rather a dull beige. Use if you want to look like you are recovering from the flu. Super drying. Even when I apply over squalane, my skin feels tight and dry. The longer I wear the sunscreen the more mask-like it feels. Red bumps. After a few days of consistent wear, I now have red bumps on my cheeks. Not acne. Some kind of rash.

Costly product -- extra costly considering I paid $CND and shipping -- so, I'll use it up on my hands.

on 5/16/2017 9:51:00 AM

This product works well on my sensitive skin. Doesn't break me out, and leaves a very matte, dry finish. Not oily at all. If you have dry skin this probably wouldn't work for you. But for oily skin this is great!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I suppose this is the closest I will get to strongly liking a Paula's Choice product. I've tried a bunch, this was my favorite.

Despite following the 1/4 tsp rule & avoiding the sun; I still wish this was SPF 50 rather than SPF 30. The price is pretty steep too because I pay about half for better protection from Asian brands. HOWEVER with my Rosacea, I began growing paranoid about what chemical UV filters could be doing to my skin. So I decided to search some more options. This P.C sunscreen is strictly zinc oxide (meaning physical UV filters). Zinc Oxide tends to be gentler on sensitive skin.

Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense sunscreen is tinted. I am extremely pale leaning neutral. I match with MAC's NC10 at my darkest. This sunscreen is WAY too dark for me. It's about NW15-20. Initially I was either going to throw it away or save it for spray tans. Recently I read about pale girls wearing too-dark tinted sunscreen under their foundation & I was inspired to try this. My favorite foundation is super full coverage. It had no trouble covering this, because the coverage of the tint in the sunscreen is sheer. Perfect. ***If you are wondering why so many companies ruin formulations of physical SS by adding a tint, it's to avoid whitecast***

The antioxidants in this product should help boost the sun protection efficiency. I like that this was moisturizing enough to smooth out flakes & help my foundation glide on. It isn't thick, nor greasy. But what I liked more than that, was it dried to a demi-matte finish. I've always said that a good sunscreen is a good primer.

All in all this is a decent sunscreen. Now that I've worked past the god awful tint issue I'll probably repurchase.

This is the best sunscreen I've ever used! I've been using it for 4 months now. I have fair combination skin with an occasional or hormonal breakout. I'm on tretinoin so my skin is extra sensitive, and this sunscreen doesn't burn my face at all! This stuff pretty much feels weightless on my skin and controls any oil in my t-zone throughout the day. It works excellent as a makeup primer as well and helps my makeup last all day, unlike other sunscreens that I've used. It also has a slight tint that looks nice on my skin and slightly blurs minor imperfections. I'm really wanting to try Paula's spf 50 fluid for the hot and humid summers here. I really love all Paula's Choice products I've ever used and her products along with skincare advice, and beautypedia, have really changed my skin in the best way possible.

During the day time I use Cerave foaming facewash, Paula' Choice Hydralight toner, Clinique dramatically different moisturizing GEL mixed with 2-3 drops of Paula's Choice Vitamin C serum, this Paula's Choice Resist spf 30, let it dry 5 minutes then foundation and the rest of my makeup routine and my skin hasn't been better!!! At night I like to actually use Paula's Choice for Men night cream with Retinol (good stuff!) or Clinique Moisture surge after my cleansing routing and applying Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting liquid with 2%Bha...the nights I'm not using my tretinoin. On those nights I wait 20min after applying tretinoin then use Clinique moisture surge on top. Love that stuff!

I'm new to this site and hope I can find another great sunscreen and line of products to try! I'm always looking to try something new even though I would definitely repurchase this sunscreen again. I already have 2 extra backups since it's so hard for me to find sunscreen that works well for my skin.

on 8/22/2015 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this soo much! This is the only sunscreen I've tried that doesn't break me out. It goes on matte and stays quite matte throughout the day (some people say it's very "drying") without seeming flat. It doesn't irritate my eyes at all (I use it right under my eyes and sometimes on my eyelids). The sheer tint reduces redness and creates a smoother complexion. It is a little pricey but it lasts many months (~4) and is worth it.
I put it on after cleansing, toning (PC skin balancing), and exfoliating (PC Clear regular strength).

on 7/28/2015 6:48:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Wow. This is an exceptional physical sunscreen - for all skin types. There is no shine or white cast, it's not drying, and it's non irritating and hasn't caused any breakouts. Oh, and when I use this, the redness and discolouration on my face is less evident (even when I remove it I mean). This does have a tint, but not enough to provide any real colour. If anything, it functions like an extremely lightweight tinted moisturiser. I like to wear it with alone or under makeup, as it makes no difference to the finish or longevity of my makeup. This does have an odd smell, kind of like liquorice... but not sweet. I can't say I'm fond of it, but it doesn't hinder the quality of the product, and the scent dissipates once I've finished applying it. I really can't say enough good things about this. I was previously using Shiseido city block spf30, which was great, but it still left a slight sheen and the alcohol content worried me.

on 5/8/2015 9:23:00 AM

I'm quite surprised that so many people with various skin types like this because in my experience this is only suitable for people with oily skin. Physical sunscreens suck out the moisture from my skin, and in this case there is nothing to counteract the drying effect. I couldn't wait to wash it down in the evening, it was so drying, although I used it with the Skin Recovery moisturizer without SPF.
The texture is quite runny, but it solidifies quickly after the application, forming a kind of mask that has to be bombed down with a good make-up remover at the end of the day. It has a slight tint, which is a nice color, unnoticeable, if you use a small amount, but when I applied it liberally, I could see the border of the product by my ears and my neck, because it was too dark. It is extremely mattifying, which must be a huge plus for people with very oily skin, but it looked unnatural on me.
To sum it up, I think it's a good product, but only for people with oily skin. If you have dry skin, try the Cellular Defense from the Resist line, if your skin is normal or combination, I recommend Clinique's City Block SPF 25.

Edited to add: For my normal/dry skin I can use it with Paula's Oil Booster. It works fine this way.

I have tried and loved Paula's products so when it was time to replace my daily use sunscreen, I checked out Paula. I wanted something with a high-enough SPF for Florida and lucky for me I don't have to pay a whole bunch of attention to the ingredients. Just happy she does not test on animals and that the refund policy is very good.
Anyway, 30 SPF should be enough for daily use, meaning environmental exposure, walking to car, casual outdoor time. Any more exposure than that I always go to a "real" sunscreen.
The packaging is fab, its a narrow tip tube that dispenses moderately so you don't get a big "SPLOOSH" out. The color to me is a cream-ish/white; other reviewers say this shows up on your skin but I don't notice it. I hope I'm using enough! Feel is smooth but not silky/silicone.
It leaves my skin slightly matte, which I like. Then I use Paula's tinted sunscreen..I know, I know, that sounds like overkill but I don't want alot of color, and I do so like her products. I'm very diligent when using the RESIST, I use it everyday even if I don't put on any other makeup. Just part of my routine. It seems to stay fairly matte thruout the day, but I do finish my routine with Lucy's Minerals, so it could be that too. Paula's has not failed me; my daughter is using the acne products and having very good results too.