Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30
RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

4.4

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

on 12/6/2016 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Love this sunscreen. Didn't break me out. Also tinted for the days when you feel lazy about your face :D

on 11/23/2016 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

After trying out 100s (feels this much!) of facial sunscreens, this one is my absolute favorite! It's about time! I am sent and I order samples all the time because I have my esthetics license. I've tried everything from Oil of Olay to Clinique, from Skinceuticals to SkinMedica, and Andalou Naturals to Jane Iredale, and even a few Japanese sunscreens I ordered straight from Japan (on Amazon).....just to give an idea of the many diverse brands I've tried. I'm 47 years old, and my skin is (still) extremely oily (thanks menopause!), clog and acne prone, sensitive, can easily flake, and it's very pale. I love how light this feels on my skin, and how it's tinted, which helps prevent white casting. The tint is enough to even out my pale skin tone (blends in beautifully), and I add a bit of powder and gloss for a very casual daytime 'my skin but better' look. It wears beautifully under powdered mineral makeup or when I use a foundation stick. While it doesn't control oil, it certainly does not add any or feel at all greasy and heavy on my skin. I should have written this review a couple of years ago, but I still wanted to see what was out there. Physical sunscreen protection is one of the best products to care for your skin to maintain it's youth and prevent photo damage. Sunscreen also protects your investments in skin products and treatments. When I'm asked what is the one product I need to prevent wrinkles and hyperpigmentation, my answer is always sunscreen. This is a full spectrum UVA/UVB, physical sunscreen. EWG rates this as an overall 1.
You can order samples for a very small fee...I suggest ordering a few to try it out for at least a few days...which is how I prefer to try out new products for myself as well as for my clients.

on 6/1/2016 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a really nice ZnO ss with the added benefit of lots of anti-ageing ingredients. It's a thin-medium consistency, tinted lotion with no discernible fragrance in a convenient squeeze tube. The tint is sheer; this is not a high coverage tinted ss like Supergoop!'s CC cream or It Cosmetics' spf50 CC cream.

Pros:
-Mineral, w/ ZnO, which I find calms my oily, acneic/rosacean/IPL damaged skin
good everyday UV protection
-does not clog, irritate or break out my skin
-contains anti-oidants and anti-ageing ings
-works well under liquid foundation and powder - no clumping or pilling

Cons:
-Not quite as matte as I would like - I get more shine w/ this than with LRP Mineral spf50, LRP Dry-Touch gel-cream, or PC's renamed Calm Redness Relief Mineral spf30
-color is way too pink for me; looks like calamine lotion on me, but I am super yellow, and I cover this w/ foundation anyway so I don't see the pink.
-slight tendency to crease, but ZnO ss's tend to do this anyway, and this is nowhere near as bad as Cerave's ZnO ss's which crease and clump (and even peel up like Elmer's glue!) very badly.

Overall, excellent everyday ss for oily to normal people looking for a mineral ss w/ some added anti-ageing benefits.

on 9/8/2015 7:00:00 AM

So I got this product because as its stated on the bottle, its for combination skin and super light moisturizer with spf. Well, this product is for you if:
1. you have very oily skin and need a mattifying sunscreen.
2. You have combo/oily and live in very hot weather that your face becomes an oil mess.
3. You dont mind any smell or tint in a product as this product has a slight tint with whitish residues and has a slight unpleasant smell in my opinion.

As a result, I returned this product, because I live in a cold weather place that my combo skin became dry now. Second, its not moisturizing what so ever. Third, I hate the smell. Fourth, if I layer it with other moisturizeres, it breaks me out.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best face sunscreen I've found so far that doesn't use chemical sunscreens, which I avoid.

on 5/17/2015 11:40:00 PM

Ugh. I used this about a year ago. Not a pleasant memory. It was soooo drying for my skin. Like kind of greasy looking at first but then it somehow sucked all the moisture out of my skin. And it settled into fine lines where I didn't know I had fine lines. And the "tint" was way too dark for me and I thought it was for all skintones. I applied moisturizer under this, couldn't even help with the dryness. I had bought 2 bottles of this thinking it would be great but I ended up not using the second bottle-or even finishing the first one...I gave it a good effort though. Im giving it a 2 instead of a 1 only because it didn't do any damage to my face...it just looked awful when it was on. Frowny face

on 5/5/2015 2:10:00 PM

This is in the sunscreen category on here, but I use this as a primer, after my serum. The fact that it contains sunscreen is great because it gets 2 jobs done in one!

I have really oily skin and this keeps my make up on for the whole day. It does not however moisturise very well, so probably not good for people with dry skin.

on 5/4/2015 3:00:00 PM

I tried a sample of this and the next day ordered the full size. It evens out your skin tone just a tad and has a matte finish. I have very sensitive, acne prone skin and have been using this for a month and it hasn't caused me to break out. I can wear this alone and it actually makes my skin look better! I love that bc I have 2 young kids and I often don't have time to put makeup on, but I feel guilty being outside without any sunscreen on my face. Now I can just slap some of this on and go, and just do my makeup later. It's a great primer under foundation! Highly recommend it!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Nope this started breaking me out and I can't handle the dry clay face feel. It also does not work well with makeup over it. I am very sorry I bought a back-up tube of this.

I've come around on this sunscreen. I used it all summer when my skin was combination and it was great. The tint is a little off-putting because it is pink but once it's rubbed in it disappears. And I had to get used to the texture which felt very occlusive due to the high level of zinc--very mask-like--but once I did I liked it because it didn't irritate my rosacea and helped to dry some breakouts. The tint just blurs my skin but I still need concealer.

It is pretty expensive but all of PC's prices have gone up. But I have repurchased. I like it better than the sheer matte TM which runs too yellow and oxidizes orange on me. My other favorite is the Hydralight SPF which also works well with my finicky skin. Someone mentioned mixing the hydralight with the Resist. I'm going to try that.

on 1/6/2015 9:11:00 AM

Very nice SPF that does not feel greasy, sticky, itchy or gives me teary eyes. No white face upon application! It has a nice matte effect, but is not very moisturizing (maybe it is enough in summer, though). I do need some kind of cream underneath, especially during winter. I even can go without foundation since this has a bit of a neutral colour. Just some concealer here and there and I am good to go! Good job Paula Begoun!