Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30
RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

3.0

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

on 12/15/2017 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have been using this for about a year or so. Great product. It’s hard to find mineral sunscreen that’s not completely white and this one has a slight tint to it. Still makes my skin a bit white but not too crazy once I blend it. I have medium dark skin tone (nc42-44). Overall I love this moisturizer/sunscreen. Never broke me out. I use it after I apply my paula choice light serum in the daytime.

on 7/30/2017 8:07:00 AM

I bought this product because I couldn't buy my usual daily moisturiser as all stockists had run out of stock. I gave this a good chance, and used it for about a month before I got fed up with the following issues:

1. The product separates quickly - every time I squeezed some out of the tube, the oily liquid would come out first
2. It doesn't moisturise at all, yet it felt rather oily when applying. I have combination skin and need moisture on my cheeks. My cheeks were so dry that they felt itchy. It was summer when I used this
3. It is cakey for a tinted moisturiser. I use Benefit Pore-fessional for my primer and this did not work well with my primer
4. It wasn't mattifying. I much prefer my usual moisturiser (Murad Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15+)

I threw out the tube in the end. Shame, because it got such good reviews and was so affordable.

on 9/12/2016 8:05:00 AM

I am about to finish my first tube of PC Resist super light sunscreen. Initially I used it during winter and it was too drying and mattifying on my combo skin without any moisturizer underneath. I tried it in summer at a tropical country and I would say I've found the best physical sunscreen that won't sensitize my eye and nose area nor does it melt/sweat off your skin. I get a bit of a glow in the tropics around the afternoon but why not show of that glowing skin? The tint is a bit too pink for my NC20 skin but the color disappears after a while. This sunscreen smooths over my pores and make them look smaller. It has little to no coverage. The only down side is that after applying this sunscreen, when I use MUFE waterproof concealer on my blemishes, it doesn't apply well. The product moves around a bit during application. But when you leave it for a second, it becomes dry and it sets. This sunscreen is my everyday tinted moisturizer with SPF. I'm trying to mix it in with my other physical sunscreen and some foundation to set off the tint and its been working. Try out different combinations if it doesn't work for you but you want to give it a try. I only wish they make it in different tints. PC always has sales going on, so if you wait a bit, you can get it cheaper. Cheers!

PROS
- Controls oil
- Doesn't sweat off
- Smooths over pores
- Contains ingredients that are good for skin
- SPF 30 for daily use even in the tropics

CONS
- Pinkish tone
- Price

TIPS
- This formula is better suited for combo to oily skin. If you find it drying, use some moisturizer underneath or mix it in with your other moisturizing sunscreen.
- To off set the pinky shade, mix with foundation like CoverFX custom cover drops or your current foundation.
- Wait for sale events to get some discount

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent).

Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane (hydration), PEG-12 Dimethicone (texture enhancer), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (texture enhancer), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent),Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Trihydroxystearin (texture-enhancing), Dimethicone Crosspolymer ( suspending agent), Resveratrol (antioxidants), Quercetin (antioxidants), Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (skin-restoring), Bisabolol (skin-soothing), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (skin-soothing), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haematococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (texture-enhancing/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (texture-enhancing), Hydrated Silica (texture-enhancing/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (texture enhancer), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient texture enhancer), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol (preservatives), Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Ethylhexylglycerin (preservatives), Iron Oxide (CI77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Phenoxyethanol (preservatives).

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This sunscreen is soooooo amazing! It actually has a matte finish that I don't even need a primer anymore because this sunscreen just keeps my face matte (with minimal oil by the end of day). This is amazing for anyone who has oily skin. Also I love how this doesn't feel sticky at all and doesn't have a shiny finish like other sunscreen! The tint is suitable for most skin tones too (maybe not for darker skin tones?).
This is probably something that I would just continue using for the rest of my life because I have never actually found a sunscreen that mattifies my oily face! LOVE!

on 6/4/2016 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

This sunscreen was too drying on my combination skin. It felt tight all day. Even if I moisturize before it isn't enough. Also I could see some 'tan' color on my face. Almost similar to the character 'Oompa Loompa'. The tint color definitely wasn't flattering on my skin, it didn't match my skin tone at all.

Definitely for oily to very oily skin or really resilient skin, because this can be very drying!

on 5/1/2016 12:44:00 PM

i don't know what to believe anymore.

see this was my HG sunscreen. it mattifies my oily face, it has a slight tint that brightens my face, and somehow blurs imperfections. i just really loved it.

until i read this:

and found out that in a study, they found out that palmitic acid in skin care, while it's good for making vitamin c get absorbed, is "catastrophic" to the skin once exposed to the sun.

and i saw "Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate" on the ingredients. which is another term for ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate.

so now i'm legitimately spooked and am now on the hunt for a new hg sunscreen

on 6/29/2014 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Dried out my skin completely. Stay away if u have sensitive dehydrated skin. Broke me out in small red bumps. Horrible!!!!!

on 3/12/2014 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Where has this been all my life? Paula's Choice products are either hit or miss for me and this is definitely a HIT - It's the best moisturizer/sunscreen combo I've tried by far. The texture is silky and it glides on smoothly and the best part is that it dries matte!! (I won't accept anything other than matte). My skintone is NC 45-50/ MUFE 173 and at first when I squirted this out, a feeling of dread came over me because of the beige-toned color of the product. I thought it was going to make me look like a ghost-face, but surprisingly, the product actually blended in pretty well. My face looks slightly made-up after I put this on, like I'm wearing some sort of light makeup or powder which I like but I would prefer NO tint because it does make my face a little lighter. I have dry skin, so I wear it over another moisturizer and I have no problems. Sometimes when I'm in a hurry I just squirt some directly into my moisturizer in my palm, mix them, and apply. Most sunscreens do not feel good on my skin and I always look forward to washing it off - this is the first sunscreen that doesn't make my skin uncomfortable.

It's also great that it has added antioxidants and Paula claims that it will visibly reduce wrinkles and dark spots (haven't used it long enough to judge that, but ok). Fragrance-free, paraben-free, no alcohol, no dyes. Finally found a product that will get me to wear sunscreen on a daily basis.

Update: Wore this on vacation in 88 degree weather and humidity and it stood the test of time. This is a keeper!