Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30
RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

4.3

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The best!

on 5/7/2018 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My HG moisturiser with SPF! I have sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin. This is the only SPF that doesn't break me out or adds to my oiliness during the day because of its super light formula. The package is a simple squeeze tube, nice to travel with but nothing fancy. The only downside is that you can't see how much is left. I really don't want to go without, so I always have a backup. It has a very sheer tint (beige) to it, so you have to shake it before use. I think so the pigment is distributed well through the formula. I am a NW15-20 in Mac and it suits my skin tone perfectly, I honestly don't even see it on my face. However, if you are much lighter or darker, it might leave a dark or white cast. The smell is okay, kind of nutty, but it disappears upon application. I choose this because it is a physical sunscreen, whithout any nasty filters like oxybenzone. Makeup applies nicely on top, no pilling or slipping. It doesn't feel heavy or sticky, but I do always set my face after makeup with a powder.
I have never been burned when wearing this, but I prevent getting my face for a prolonged time in the sun anyway. It is kind of pricey, but good SPF is the cornerstone of any skincare regiment so I don't mind paying a bit extra. Will continually rebuy for I have not find a better (or similar!) replacement and don't expect to find it anytime soon. SPF30 without 'bad' filters, alchohol or other irritating ingredients is rare, so I stick with my favorite! (My only wish is that they make a SPF50 version...)

on 1/5/2018 7:44:00 AM

I love this sunscreen/moisturiser combo! I have combination skin which runs combination/oily in the summer, and this is the first sunscreen which doesn't leave my skin with either a grey/white cast or feeling super greasy. It is as light as it says, does dry matte (doesn't make my skin look dull, just natural) and stays on all day - I've never burnt in this (note: I have medium skin and am not prone "lobstering" in the sun). The only slight drawback is the price - it's not cheap but it works well so I pay the money through slightly gritted teeth.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

A vert drying, mediocre sunblock that does not even provide enough protection. Paula trashes many products but her own products are sometimes much worse.

on 3/12/2017 3:45:00 PM

This is not a sunscreen you would wear under foundation. It's best on its own. Unless you're very oily, you probably won't even need powder over top. It dries to a matte finish and does a great job of evening out your skin, just like a foundation would. I think someone with oily skin would like this. I have normal to oily skin (oily t-zone), and I found this too mattifying for me. I prefer the Paula's Choice Hydralight SPF30 mineral sunscreen. It's beautiful under foundation. I've gone through six tubes so far, and I will continue to buy it. I haven't found anything I like better!

on 12/4/2016 7:28:00 PM

This was awful on my skin.
I have tried many sunscreens over the years (chanel, clarins, bioderma, la roche posay, avene and more) I think this has to be the worst.

It emphasised dry areas and fine lines / was not greasy but was not totally matte either- and I have dry-normal skin / make up did not sit well over this.

It was definitely not worth any hype, will be trying out Caudalie's Soleil Divin Anti-Ageing Face Suncare SPF 50 which I have been meaning to try.

on 11/18/2016 3:20:00 PM

Finally a sunscreen that doesn't break me out! For years, I've been looking for a good moisturizer with proper spf, but all the moisturizers with SPF or face sunscreens have broken me out or been too oily. I have combination skin that can get really oily from the T-zone with wrong moisturizer. However, this moisturizer actually mattifies my face and slightly tightens pores on my cheeks. The product is a very thin lotion that absorbs fast.

The moisturizer is tinted so it doesn't leave any whitecast. The colour works pretty well with my skintone (NC15, EL 1N1), but the pink undertones clash slightly with my neutral skin. Therefore, I use the product only under makeup.

The scent of the moisturizer is the only drawback. The product is supposed to be fragrance free, but it has a chemical smell. It's pretty strong and seems to attract insects in the summer, which is annoying. However, the scent hasn't given me any irritation. I have repurchased the product since it keeps my skin in good condition.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

HG. Oily acne prone this never breaks me out. Im on my 3rd bottle.

Upon the recommendation of my dermatologist I wear sunscreen on my face 365 days of the year. I've tried many brands and formulations and this is one of my all-time favourites.

My skin is classic combination but prone to being reactive and therefore ruddy. I love how easy this is to apply (it doesn't feel like chalky sunscreen) and how the subtle tint is, just that, subtle. Perhaps too light for anyone with a darker skin tone?

I apply this after my other PC products and top it off it light dusting of setting powder.

Pros: fluidity, blendability, and doesn't irritate my skin even around the eye area

Cons: pricey

on 5/23/2016 12:53:00 PM

My skin is sensitive, dry-combination(oily nose, normal cheeks, dry patches), rosacea-prone, very fair.

PROS: I love the tint, it's perfect for my skin tone. It covers my redness and most of the time I don't need to wear foundation over top. When I've prepped my skin properly (see below) my skin looks great. Next, the active ingredients in this SS are effective and I always trust PC for knowing their stuff. Finally, I love that the product did not irritate my skin and doesn't have a strong fragrance.

CONS: It is VERY drying on me. Unless I wear a heavy moisturizing cream underneath, or apply a layer of oil before applying this (I use Seabuckthorn), my skin feels incredibly uncomfortable, tight, and looks really dehydrated. Also, at US$32 plus shipping, it's quite pricey (I am in Canada) and it's inconvenient to have to wait for it in the mail. For me it's quite a "high-maintenance", expensive product, and for that reason I likely won't buy it again. I'll stick to my Avene SS which doesn't dry me out, and I can buy it in-store easily.