Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30
RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

3.6

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

on 5/16/2017 9:51:00 AM

This product works well on my sensitive skin. Doesn't break me out, and leaves a very matte, dry finish. Not oily at all. If you have dry skin this probably wouldn't work for you. But for oily skin this is great!

on 2/18/2017 12:55:00 PM

For once I though that maybe I have a sunscreen that will not turn me into an oil slick but nope! Broke me out like crazy. Not just small whiteheads but huge, red, painful bumps. For all the claims that Paula makes, she sure doesn't know how to formulate a product for acne prone skin. So much for ingredients talk.

However if you don't have acne prone skin but do have oily skin, you might want to give it a try.

on 2/9/2017 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

If you hate the chemical smell and oily texture of most sunscreens, this is the one for you. It is a mineral zinc oxide sunscreen that is tinted so you won't get the white cast inherent with physical sunscreens. This is not a tinted moisturizer or foundation so don't expect coverage. You can expect good sun protection with a matte neutral finish. Texture is like a lotion - not thick cream, so it spreads easily. It's great around the eyes - doesn't sting like chemical based formulas or even chemical/physical combination formulas.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

For an SPF product, this gets a holy grail in my book. I have to be very very very careful what I put on my face. This is bonifide safe for your face if you have acne prone skin (at least mine and I try a lot). I can't see myself repurchasing a different SPF anytime soon.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best face sunscreen I've found so far that doesn't use chemical sunscreens, which I avoid.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I wanted this to work for me but in the end it did not agree with my oily skin.
It made me more shiny and made my makeup slip around more.
The light tint does not offer coverage.
My skin felt like it could not breath.
Only gave 2 lippies because it has ingredients that are good for skin and of course SPF.
I did not notice any improvement in skin using this and in the end my complexion looked weighed down, tired, and dull.

I really wanted to love this sunscreen, and I did for a while, but whenever I use this consistently I get tiny bumps all over my skin. It's great for oily skin because it dries to a matte finish, and it would have been a holy grail for me.

I've tried it on several different occasion but always get the stubborn little bumps that take a few weeks to resolve- I'm thinking I must have a sensitivity to one of the ingredients.

Still on the hunt for a good sunscreen for oily skin.

I have super oily skin and I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this sunscreen!! I prefer mineral sunscreens because they are way less irritating, but they are usually pretty shiny. But this is matte! How did they do that?! It does have a slight tint to it but won't give you any coverage, though I like to mix a little creme foundation into it and it looks great (foundation+sunscreen+antioxidants= hell yes!). I think the tint might be apparent on people who are really pale or really dark, but for most people it's fine. I've gone through like 4 bottles and just got 2 more.

on 4/14/2015 4:55:00 AM

Just bought this a few days ago and I'm a covert!

I used to use the Biore aqua SPF but that started to dry out my skin and I decided to turn back to trust Paula's choice for a sunscreen.

This sunscreen is lightweight and acts as a makeup primer as well and I just apply my bb cream over. Don't be afraid of the tint as it evens out the skin tone and can't be seen!

Overall, like all Paula's choice products, it's good for the skin and didn't cause me any breakouts.

Oh, the smell takes getting used to but its a small issue!

on 1/21/2015 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Just bought this as my moisturizer after reading good reviews. I have very oily skin and this is my HG for a moisturizer before my makeup. I applied some on after washing my makeup off last night and woke up this morning still matte! Amazing product. It does have an interesting tint to it but once you apply your foundation over it, it blends right in. Please never discontinue!