Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30
RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

4.6

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I keep finding myself coming back to this moisturiser. It's soothing, even for my sensitive skin, blends in naturally and has a great SPF.

My only complaint is that it really is light, and I usually need to apply a moisturiser underneath.

on 7/28/2015 6:48:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Wow. This is an exceptional physical sunscreen - for all skin types. There is no shine or white cast, it's not drying, and it's non irritating and hasn't caused any breakouts. Oh, and when I use this, the redness and discolouration on my face is less evident (even when I remove it I mean). This does have a tint, but not enough to provide any real colour. If anything, it functions like an extremely lightweight tinted moisturiser. I like to wear it with alone or under makeup, as it makes no difference to the finish or longevity of my makeup. This does have an odd smell, kind of like liquorice... but not sweet. I can't say I'm fond of it, but it doesn't hinder the quality of the product, and the scent dissipates once I've finished applying it. I really can't say enough good things about this. I was previously using Shiseido city block spf30, which was great, but it still left a slight sheen and the alcohol content worried me.

on 1/12/2015 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I like the consistency of this; it feels creamy but is still mattifying without drying me out. You also can't beat the broad spectrum UV protection. Because it's mineral based, it's gentle enough to use on the eye area. My only complaint about this that the tint does not work for all skin tones as Paula's Choice claims. It is too dark for me, and I imagine it must be too light for people with darker skin. It would be great if this were sold in multiple shades.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

THE product for oily faces!!!
I never knew it was possible to live without an oily face before I discovered this amazing product. For oil control, this is an HG product. Until using this, all of the other make up products I had tried, whether a liquid, cream, powder, bb cream, or tinted moisturizer caused me to get slick within a few hours and by the end of the day (around 5-6 pm) I would be super shiny and caked in grease. I thought this was unavoidable.
Until I found Paula's Choice. WIth this tinted moisturizer topped off with a finishing powder (I just use a mineral powder) I don't see any oil appear at all until very late at night, if I choose to keep it on that long. Friggin amazing!!!!!

*Coverage is perfect, not too little, not too much.
*Consistency is beautiful-goes on nicely, does not dry too fast or pill.
*Color is beautiful and does not oxidize.
*Lasts all day.
*Has improved the tone and look of my skin since I've began using it
*The 30 spf, antioxidants, and reservatrol are a nice bonus

on 2/11/2014 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

UPDATE 12/30/2015 - I recently tried this product again and after using it consistently for over a month, I'm happy to report NO breakouts or other issues. My skin has become considerably less oily over the past few years, so maybe that has something to do with it (I'm now 41). Whatever the reason, I'm glad this is working for me. Furthermore, I don't need foundation or powder for coverage, as I find the tint of this product provides sufficient blurring/diffusing of any little sun spots I have. I'm glad to have found an SPF that my skin likes and that gives a nice, healthy, glowy (but not shiny) finish.

Original review - I despise sunscreen. There - I've said it. When Paula introduced this product, I ordered several samples and was pleasantly surprised ~ no thick, goopy, heavy texture, no ghost white cast . . . I thought I'd found my HG, and so during a recent sale, I ordered the full size tube.

Sadly, after using this consistently, I began to develop little bumps on my cheeks as well as clogged pores. I can't say I'm completely surprised, because cyclopentasiloxane is the second ingredient, followed by other silicones that tend to be less problematic for my skin.

Overall I think this is one of the best SPFs on the market, particularly if your skin can tolerate silicone-based products. In my experience, my skin is MUCH clearer and smoother when I avoid them, and when I apply fewer products in general. (All that layering Paula recommends - toner, BHA, C serum, antioxidant serum, SPF - wrecks havoc on my skin. Not to mention, I simply don't have that kind of time in the morning.)

For the time being, I'm laying off of SPFs. Whatever protection I get from my mineral makeup is sufficient for the limited amount of sun I'm exposed to on a daily basis. (Personally, I think fear of the sun has been blown way out of proportion, but that's just my opinion.)