Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30
RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

4.4

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The best!

on 6/12/2017 12:27:00 AM

Triple bad...The universal tint is not flattering. Rather a dull beige. Use if you want to look like you are recovering from the flu. Super drying. Even when I apply over squalane, my skin feels tight and dry. The longer I wear the sunscreen the more mask-like it feels. Red bumps. After a few days of consistent wear, I now have red bumps on my cheeks. Not acne. Some kind of rash.

Costly product -- extra costly considering I paid $CND and shipping -- so, I'll use it up on my hands.

on 11/23/2016 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

After trying out 100s (feels this much!) of facial sunscreens, this one is my absolute favorite! It's about time! I am sent and I order samples all the time because I have my esthetics license. I've tried everything from Oil of Olay to Clinique, from Skinceuticals to SkinMedica, and Andalou Naturals to Jane Iredale, and even a few Japanese sunscreens I ordered straight from Japan (on Amazon).....just to give an idea of the many diverse brands I've tried. I'm 47 years old, and my skin is (still) extremely oily (thanks menopause!), clog and acne prone, sensitive, can easily flake, and it's very pale. I love how light this feels on my skin, and how it's tinted, which helps prevent white casting. The tint is enough to even out my pale skin tone (blends in beautifully), and I add a bit of powder and gloss for a very casual daytime 'my skin but better' look. It wears beautifully under powdered mineral makeup or when I use a foundation stick. While it doesn't control oil, it certainly does not add any or feel at all greasy and heavy on my skin. I should have written this review a couple of years ago, but I still wanted to see what was out there. Physical sunscreen protection is one of the best products to care for your skin to maintain it's youth and prevent photo damage. Sunscreen also protects your investments in skin products and treatments. When I'm asked what is the one product I need to prevent wrinkles and hyperpigmentation, my answer is always sunscreen. This is a full spectrum UVA/UVB, physical sunscreen. EWG rates this as an overall 1.
You can order samples for a very small fee...I suggest ordering a few to try it out for at least a few days...which is how I prefer to try out new products for myself as well as for my clients.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Merp. Not a "universal tint" (what kind of wording is that anyways? low key racist...). I consider my skin to be essentially neutral undertoned (with very very slight yellow tint) and medium in color (as in, medium on the global scale of skin color, not medium for Caucasian skin). That puts me at about a less yellow NC40-42. This sunscreen is wayyyy too pink and pale if you're as dark or darker than myself. And because you really should use 1/4 tsp to get the full protection, it looks absurd. Not as bad as a pure white cast, but still kind of odd and dull. I also have oily skin and this does NOT sit well through the day. It ends up looking kind of pasty by the end of the day and my skin looks greasier than if I use something like Trader Joe's Enrich SPF 15. It's pretty nonirritating, however, so if you're somewhere around NC20-30, you could probably get away with this and it's nice to use only physical sunscreen filters. Wish they offered this in various color ranges. I do appreciate how this doesn't have a totally orange undertone.

on 11/18/2016 3:20:00 PM

Finally a sunscreen that doesn't break me out! For years, I've been looking for a good moisturizer with proper spf, but all the moisturizers with SPF or face sunscreens have broken me out or been too oily. I have combination skin that can get really oily from the T-zone with wrong moisturizer. However, this moisturizer actually mattifies my face and slightly tightens pores on my cheeks. The product is a very thin lotion that absorbs fast.

The moisturizer is tinted so it doesn't leave any whitecast. The colour works pretty well with my skintone (NC15, EL 1N1), but the pink undertones clash slightly with my neutral skin. Therefore, I use the product only under makeup.

The scent of the moisturizer is the only drawback. The product is supposed to be fragrance free, but it has a chemical smell. It's pretty strong and seems to attract insects in the summer, which is annoying. However, the scent hasn't given me any irritation. I have repurchased the product since it keeps my skin in good condition.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I suppose this is the closest I will get to strongly liking a Paula's Choice product. I've tried a bunch, this was my favorite.

Despite following the 1/4 tsp rule & avoiding the sun; I still wish this was SPF 50 rather than SPF 30. The price is pretty steep too because I pay about half for better protection from Asian brands. HOWEVER with my Rosacea, I began growing paranoid about what chemical UV filters could be doing to my skin. So I decided to search some more options. This P.C sunscreen is strictly zinc oxide (meaning physical UV filters). Zinc Oxide tends to be gentler on sensitive skin.

Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense sunscreen is tinted. I am extremely pale leaning neutral. I match with MAC's NC10 at my darkest. This sunscreen is WAY too dark for me. It's about NW15-20. Initially I was either going to throw it away or save it for spray tans. Recently I read about pale girls wearing too-dark tinted sunscreen under their foundation & I was inspired to try this. My favorite foundation is super full coverage. It had no trouble covering this, because the coverage of the tint in the sunscreen is sheer. Perfect. ***If you are wondering why so many companies ruin formulations of physical SS by adding a tint, it's to avoid whitecast***

The antioxidants in this product should help boost the sun protection efficiency. I like that this was moisturizing enough to smooth out flakes & help my foundation glide on. It isn't thick, nor greasy. But what I liked more than that, was it dried to a demi-matte finish. I've always said that a good sunscreen is a good primer.

All in all this is a decent sunscreen. Now that I've worked past the god awful tint issue I'll probably repurchase.

on 4/14/2016 12:03:00 PM

pricey but it works!

i use pc's bha gel at night, so i have to use a sunscreen throughout the day.

this is the only one that i'll use on my face. i like the tint, i have some redness in my skin - but after applying this, i can skip foundation. i have been using this for over two years now. never caused any problems. it is rather drying, which works for me - i don't get shiny or oily by the end of the day or after a strenous bike ride in hot weather.

it has a little bit of a smell, not unpleasant but distinct. this goes away after a few moments.

one tube lasts me about 9 months (but i only apply on days i have to leave the house and be outside a lot.)

on 1/31/2016 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I guess this is a BB cream as it has some tint and provides a bit of coverage & blurring for me. I've been using it since summer and found it keeps the oil at bay. It is a bit drying during the winter months, so I blend it about 50/50 with Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum. It works great by itself or beneath a light layer of mineral powder foundation. It is the best sunscreen option I have found when trying to wear make-up, so it's worth the price to me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the only foundation that I have found to be light enough for my fair skin. Love the sheer coverage, moisturizer and sunscreen.

on 10/30/2015 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of my all-time holy grails of any product ever. I have severely dry skin with plenty of eczema, yet I also get an oily t-zone, especially in warm weather. It is very hard to find products to satisfy my entire face. I used to use Clinique City Block Sheer with great success, but they must have changed the formula because now it triggers my eczema.

The Resist Super-light is a mineral sunscreen/tinted moisturizer that dries down matte but does not dry out my skin in any way. I do use a good moisturizer underneath, as my skin is VERY dry. It is slightly tinted so no white cast. It does even out the skin tone ever so slightly, as any tinted moisturizer would do. It would be great if they came out with different shades, but honestly it is so sheer you can't even notice that it leans pink (the tint is there to neutralize the white cast). It is amazing for eczema prone skin, or any skin! I can use this in the summer or Canadian winter. Feels like nothing on the face. Loaded with antioxidants. Love love love!!!