Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30
RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

4.2

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

on 5/7/2018 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My HG moisturiser with SPF! I have sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin. This is the only SPF that doesn't break me out or adds to my oiliness during the day because of its super light formula. The package is a simple squeeze tube, nice to travel with but nothing fancy. The only downside is that you can't see how much is left. I really don't want to go without, so I always have a backup. It has a very sheer tint (beige) to it, so you have to shake it before use. I think so the pigment is distributed well through the formula. I am a NW15-20 in Mac and it suits my skin tone perfectly, I honestly don't even see it on my face. However, if you are much lighter or darker, it might leave a dark or white cast. The smell is okay, kind of nutty, but it disappears upon application. I choose this because it is a physical sunscreen, whithout any nasty filters like oxybenzone. Makeup applies nicely on top, no pilling or slipping. It doesn't feel heavy or sticky, but I do always set my face after makeup with a powder.
I have never been burned when wearing this, but I prevent getting my face for a prolonged time in the sun anyway. It is kind of pricey, but good SPF is the cornerstone of any skincare regiment so I don't mind paying a bit extra. Will continually rebuy for I have not find a better (or similar!) replacement and don't expect to find it anytime soon. SPF30 without 'bad' filters, alchohol or other irritating ingredients is rare, so I stick with my favorite! (My only wish is that they make a SPF50 version...)

on 4/21/2018 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Unfortunately too visible on my NC/NW 15 skin. I have hormonal adult acne and melasma, so I need high daily spf that won't increase my acne...

A "shake-well" formula, a thin fluid that is quite easy to spread. The consistency is fine, but my problem is that it feel like it sits on the top of the skin.... I guess all mineral sunscreens do that, but you don't always "feel" them. When i touch the face i can feel it's there...

It also gives that typical mineral look after a while - just as mineral makeup can do especially on scarred and blemished skin - a floating tinted residue....

It contains a lot of silicones- on a normal/mixed skin I think this could work perfectly as a primer under makeup. My skin usually breaks out by silicones so I didn't care to use the whole tube up.

Summary; really good formula for maybe mixed skin darker than NW/nc 15 and that does not have active acne.

on 1/5/2018 7:44:00 AM

I love this sunscreen/moisturiser combo! I have combination skin which runs combination/oily in the summer, and this is the first sunscreen which doesn't leave my skin with either a grey/white cast or feeling super greasy. It is as light as it says, does dry matte (doesn't make my skin look dull, just natural) and stays on all day - I've never burnt in this (note: I have medium skin and am not prone "lobstering" in the sun). The only slight drawback is the price - it's not cheap but it works well so I pay the money through slightly gritted teeth.

on 12/15/2017 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have been using this for about a year or so. Great product. It’s hard to find mineral sunscreen that’s not completely white and this one has a slight tint to it. Still makes my skin a bit white but not too crazy once I blend it. I have medium dark skin tone (nc42-44). Overall I love this moisturizer/sunscreen. Never broke me out. I use it after I apply my paula choice light serum in the daytime.

on 5/11/2017 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Overpriced and too light a tint for my NC 30-35 skintone. I have combination skin, tending towards dry, but this is also a bit too moisturizing and rich (however, most reviews find it too mattifying and drying and recommend it for oily skin). I don't think it broke me out and I used it extensively last summer. But, I don't think I will repurchase. If I wanted a tint, Roche posay tinted sunscreen is more flattering, easier to blend etc and my skin is more comfortable with it. I found the review of Shizuku2 below very helpful.

on 2/9/2017 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

If you hate the chemical smell and oily texture of most sunscreens, this is the one for you. It is a mineral zinc oxide sunscreen that is tinted so you won't get the white cast inherent with physical sunscreens. This is not a tinted moisturizer or foundation so don't expect coverage. You can expect good sun protection with a matte neutral finish. Texture is like a lotion - not thick cream, so it spreads easily. It's great around the eyes - doesn't sting like chemical based formulas or even chemical/physical combination formulas.

on 12/6/2016 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Love this sunscreen. Didn't break me out. Also tinted for the days when you feel lazy about your face :D

on 12/4/2016 7:28:00 PM

This was awful on my skin.
I have tried many sunscreens over the years (chanel, clarins, bioderma, la roche posay, avene and more) I think this has to be the worst.

It emphasised dry areas and fine lines / was not greasy but was not totally matte either- and I have dry-normal skin / make up did not sit well over this.

It was definitely not worth any hype, will be trying out Caudalie's Soleil Divin Anti-Ageing Face Suncare SPF 50 which I have been meaning to try.

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is a tinted spf mattifying moisturizer. The tint looks too dark for me as I am quite fair but it blends out and I can't even tell it's on.
The sunscreen has been good, no sensitivity. It doesn't make me itch. It does not have a white cast. It does not smell like sunscreen. I am very breakout prone and I've never broken out from this. The cream is a medium thickness and smooths on beautifully and works under makeup.
It does help me control oil. I'm more of a combo but if I don't wear anything mattifying on my face, I can't handel how oily my face is at the end of the day. But I've never been a blotter so I'm not THAT oily. I have gone through 2 tubes (one tube lasts me close to a year of daily use) of the this and am quite pleased with it. I feel the price point is fair, especially if you wait for 20% off which happens frequently. I kind of want to try something different the next time I run out, but I always come back to this because finding a mattifying spf moisturizer is tough. Also, I do not use primers under makeup. Just this. Primers usually make me oily or do nothing for me. My makeup lays just fine over this. Lately I've had issues with flaky dry patches which I think is from some lactic exfoliation I've been using and my foundation hasn't worn very well. So I definitely wouldn't recommend this moisturizer if you have dry patches.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

HG. Oily acne prone this never breaks me out. Im on my 3rd bottle.