Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30
RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

4.1

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

on 11/23/2016 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

After trying out 100s (feels this much!) of facial sunscreens, this one is my absolute favorite! It's about time! I am sent and I order samples all the time because I have my esthetics license. I've tried everything from Oil of Olay to Clinique, from Skinceuticals to SkinMedica, and Andalou Naturals to Jane Iredale, and even a few Japanese sunscreens I ordered straight from Japan (on Amazon).....just to give an idea of the many diverse brands I've tried. I'm 47 years old, and my skin is (still) extremely oily (thanks menopause!), clog and acne prone, sensitive, can easily flake, and it's very pale. I love how light this feels on my skin, and how it's tinted, which helps prevent white casting. The tint is enough to even out my pale skin tone (blends in beautifully), and I add a bit of powder and gloss for a very casual daytime 'my skin but better' look. It wears beautifully under powdered mineral makeup or when I use a foundation stick. While it doesn't control oil, it certainly does not add any or feel at all greasy and heavy on my skin. I should have written this review a couple of years ago, but I still wanted to see what was out there. Physical sunscreen protection is one of the best products to care for your skin to maintain it's youth and prevent photo damage. Sunscreen also protects your investments in skin products and treatments. When I'm asked what is the one product I need to prevent wrinkles and hyperpigmentation, my answer is always sunscreen. This is a full spectrum UVA/UVB, physical sunscreen. EWG rates this as an overall 1.
You can order samples for a very small fee...I suggest ordering a few to try it out for at least a few days...which is how I prefer to try out new products for myself as well as for my clients.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I suppose this is the closest I will get to strongly liking a Paula's Choice product. I've tried a bunch, this was my favorite.

Despite following the 1/4 tsp rule & avoiding the sun; I still wish this was SPF 50 rather than SPF 30. The price is pretty steep too because I pay about half for better protection from Asian brands. HOWEVER with my Rosacea, I began growing paranoid about what chemical UV filters could be doing to my skin. So I decided to search some more options. This P.C sunscreen is strictly zinc oxide (meaning physical UV filters). Zinc Oxide tends to be gentler on sensitive skin.

Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense sunscreen is tinted. I am extremely pale leaning neutral. I match with MAC's NC10 at my darkest. This sunscreen is WAY too dark for me. It's about NW15-20. Initially I was either going to throw it away or save it for spray tans. Recently I read about pale girls wearing too-dark tinted sunscreen under their foundation & I was inspired to try this. My favorite foundation is super full coverage. It had no trouble covering this, because the coverage of the tint in the sunscreen is sheer. Perfect. ***If you are wondering why so many companies ruin formulations of physical SS by adding a tint, it's to avoid whitecast***

The antioxidants in this product should help boost the sun protection efficiency. I like that this was moisturizing enough to smooth out flakes & help my foundation glide on. It isn't thick, nor greasy. But what I liked more than that, was it dried to a demi-matte finish. I've always said that a good sunscreen is a good primer.

All in all this is a decent sunscreen. Now that I've worked past the god awful tint issue I'll probably repurchase.

on 8/2/2015 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have terrible trouble getting sunscreen that's right for my skin, it was basically impossible before this product existed. Almost all my boxes are ticked by it; fragrance free, non greasy, alcohol free, "physical" sunscreen, cruelty free, full of antioxidants and beneficial ingredients, doesn't seem to clog my pores or cause spots, matte finish but not drying/doesn't emphasise dryer areas. Basically perfect. The only thing I don't like is the tint, I'd much prefer a colourless sunscreen. It's also a bit on the dark side for my pale olive skin so I have to mix it with Paula's colourless Hydralight sunscreen. Ideally I'd give four and half lippies for that reason. Hydralight is slightly oily on its own but mixed with Resist they make the perfect texture. Obviously that means buying both at once, but then it lasts twice as long, so it doesn't really make a difference to the price.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I wanted this to work for me but in the end it did not agree with my oily skin.
It made me more shiny and made my makeup slip around more.
The light tint does not offer coverage.
My skin felt like it could not breath.
Only gave 2 lippies because it has ingredients that are good for skin and of course SPF.
I did not notice any improvement in skin using this and in the end my complexion looked weighed down, tired, and dull.

on 1/21/2015 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Just bought this as my moisturizer after reading good reviews. I have very oily skin and this is my HG for a moisturizer before my makeup. I applied some on after washing my makeup off last night and woke up this morning still matte! Amazing product. It does have an interesting tint to it but once you apply your foundation over it, it blends right in. Please never discontinue!

on 6/24/2014 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is by far the best facial sunscreen I have tried. I have very oily skin and most sunscreens leave me feeling like an oil slick, but not this one. I love that it is 13% zinc, which is quite high compared to other facial sunscreens on the market, but it doesn't leave any white caste like other zinc sunscreens I have tried. My only gripe is the price and small size. $27 dollars for a tiny 60ml tube is a bit much - however I will re-purchase as having a good sunscreen for your face that you actually like to use is so important.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product is alright. It has a nice subtle tint and controls oil alright for a couple hours. It is not very hydrating, though, and it feels slightly chalky when it dries. It wears HORRIBLY under foundation, so I would not recommend it as a daily sunscreen moisturizer for those who often times wear makeup. I'll still be on the hunt for an HG daily moisturizer for my combination, acneic, clog prone skin!

on 8/11/2013 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Update 2015: No longer wearing sunscreen everyday for various reasons (except around my eyes), but this remains my HG and the only sunscreen that has worked for my skin 100%. Only gripe is that I wish the tube was bigger considering the price. Additional new issue: my commitment to sun avoidance has lightened my already ghostly skin and this is now about 2-3 shades too dark. Would like to see it with less pink or a version with no tint at all.

UPDATE 9/21/13: I am still using and loving this sunscreen. I do notice that, when applying the correct 1/4 tsp amount, it stays slightly tacky in humid weather. I just slap some powder on and no more problem. Still no breakouts or irritation and it's the perfect "weight" for my oily skin. HG status.

This is Paula's newest sunscreen and I have been using this daily for about a week. For reference, my skin is very sensitive and oily and I've never been able to try any of her other sunscreens due to clogging ingredient inclusions/can't use chemical s/s. This is a very light 13% ZnO sunscreen with the addition of quite a few antioxidants. It has a tint which is pretty much the same shade as my very fair skin. The tint disappears, however, and eliminates any white cast. This sunscreen has a matte finish and does not have an overly siliconey feel upon dry down. This is the first time I have used a sunscreen and truly forgotten about it after application. It also makes for an excellent makeup base and does not irritate my eyes. Regarding removal, I am able to get everything off by doing a double wash with my regular cleanser. It is ever so slightly drying applied to bare skin, but not nearly as drying as something like Burnout Eco Sensitive. It also doesn't have a tacky after feel. The ingredients, for me, are excellent and contain none of my clogging triggers. At $27 for 2 oz it is expensive, but I was able to get it for around $22 on the latest sale and looks like you can get a sample for $1. Despite the price, this is the very best sunscreen I have ever tried and I will gladly buy it again and again in the future. Beats out Shiseido Urban Environment Cream, Replenix SPF 30 Spray, and Burnout Eco Sensitive for me. Enthusiastically recommended as an every day, cosmetically elegant sunscreen.

In Review...
Pros:
Extremely cosmetically elegant
Fast dry down
Absolutely no white cast
No tacky/sticky after feel
Matte finish
Cruelty free
All physical and contains numerous antioxidants
Void of any infamous cloggers (however I know that some people can't use cyclops)
Non-irritating and no breakouts or clogging (for me)
Holds up well in hot/humid weather

Cons:
Price for amount received