Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30
RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

4.5

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

on 5/7/2018 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My HG moisturiser with SPF! I have sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin. This is the only SPF that doesn't break me out or adds to my oiliness during the day because of its super light formula. The package is a simple squeeze tube, nice to travel with but nothing fancy. The only downside is that you can't see how much is left. I really don't want to go without, so I always have a backup. It has a very sheer tint (beige) to it, so you have to shake it before use. I think so the pigment is distributed well through the formula. I am a NW15-20 in Mac and it suits my skin tone perfectly, I honestly don't even see it on my face. However, if you are much lighter or darker, it might leave a dark or white cast. The smell is okay, kind of nutty, but it disappears upon application. I choose this because it is a physical sunscreen, whithout any nasty filters like oxybenzone. Makeup applies nicely on top, no pilling or slipping. It doesn't feel heavy or sticky, but I do always set my face after makeup with a powder.
I have never been burned when wearing this, but I prevent getting my face for a prolonged time in the sun anyway. It is kind of pricey, but good SPF is the cornerstone of any skincare regiment so I don't mind paying a bit extra. Will continually rebuy for I have not find a better (or similar!) replacement and don't expect to find it anytime soon. SPF30 without 'bad' filters, alchohol or other irritating ingredients is rare, so I stick with my favorite! (My only wish is that they make a SPF50 version...)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

EDIT 3-9-17: Ended up returning. Just couldn't get over the caking and discovered it was causing red welts and itching. I've NEVER had luck with any physical sunscreens and keep falling for the idea they are better for sensitive skin. Not Me. I will continue search for gentle, chemical sunscreen!

Pros:
- I'm about NW20-ish and the tint is perfect but very very sheer. Really all it does for me at least is "blur" out my skin but that's to be expected
- keeps my oily skin nice and matte for a reasonable length of time
- very easy on my sensitive skin. No breakouts or redness flare-ups
Cons:
- impossible to wear concealer or powder foundation over it! It does a really weird thing to even the tiniest spot concealing-like it sucks it up or something
- tried a couple of different powder foundations (MUFE and Shiseido) and even applied as lightly as humanly possible they looked awful and caked very badly. Only thing that added any coverage was to very lightly dust LM loose powder over.

I will not repurchase but keep to wear in yard, golf course, beach, etc. I think if it was more of a liquid and less of a cream it might work under makeup. If I didn't want to add any concealer or foundation at all it would be pretty great.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This sunscreen is soooooo amazing! It actually has a matte finish that I don't even need a primer anymore because this sunscreen just keeps my face matte (with minimal oil by the end of day). This is amazing for anyone who has oily skin. Also I love how this doesn't feel sticky at all and doesn't have a shiny finish like other sunscreen! The tint is suitable for most skin tones too (maybe not for darker skin tones?).
This is probably something that I would just continue using for the rest of my life because I have never actually found a sunscreen that mattifies my oily face! LOVE!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After starting on Retin A last summer my face became ultra sensitive to chemical based sunscreens so I thought I'd give this a try. It goes on very smoothly and does not irritate my skin at all. There is a slight tint but its barely noticeable. Somedays I skip foundation and my face looks fresh. This may be due to the product or that Retin A is working too. Anyway the combination is working for me. I put it on over CeraVe moisturising lotion, I'm on my third bottle and always have a spare one as I don't want to be without it! I have been using Paula's choice products for several years now and the price of her products is certainly going up and bottles are getting smaller but still great products and more cost effective and better performing than some higher end products.

on 2/3/2016 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am required to use a sunscreen as noted by my physician because I use Retin-A, Benzoyl Peroxide, and Clindamycin (and birth control) to control my adult hormonal acne from hell. I hate sunscreen because none of them that I've tried does a good job at protecting my skin and they feel horribly sticky/oily. This is the only sunscreen I can use that does not burn the hell out of my skin (due to chemical sunscreen) or turn me white as a ghost (due to physical sunscreen) or make my skin feel sticky/oily. The tint used to reduce the white cast from the zinc oxide provide enough color to do the job well and I have cafe au lait colored skin. It goes on like a cream and mattifies very quickly to make your skin feel dry. I use this consistently, daily and have noticed my sun spots fading (thank you Retin-A as well). It also has antioxidants that are supposed to fight free radical damage to the skin; I'm still not sold on this so I don't care much about the antioxidant ingredients, as long as they don't make me break out (which they don't). My only wish is that they included Titanium Dioxide along with the Zinc Oxide to provide a better full spectrum physical sunscreen that can repel the rays from a supernova. Until that time, I will continue to use this product cause it gives me life.

on 11/19/2015 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i love paula's product, i use several of her products
but i really hate this sunblock, because its whitecast, a big no no for me
it doesnt break me out, control my oil, need serum/moisturizer before apply this, because it can be so dry and hard to apply in the face

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this product for almost a week now. I hardly ever write reviews...UNLESS, I find the most amazing product!!! I have melasma and have been on the hunt for the perfect moisturizer with spf for a few years. I ran across this product and ordered about five samples to test it out. The first day I wore it, I was amazed!!! Needless to say, I just placed an order for a full size tube! it's very lightweight, absorbs quickly, has anti-aging benefits, smooths large pores, controls my super oily skin all day, evens out my skin tone...and most important, doesn't leave any signs that you're wearing sunscreen! This product is a true winner for me, and I'm VERY particular about my skincare products! Give it a try, you won't be disappointed...you'll actually be AMAZED!!

on 11/5/2014 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

it's a miracle, i have finally found a sunscreen that DOESN'T BREAK ME OUT!! for me, this is unheard of! it is also SUPER GENTLE. i have very sensitive skin. i love the tint, which is extremely suddle. it seems to even out my skin tone without changing the color of my skin at all. i am nw20. texture is great, finish looks very nice (not shiny at all). packaging is convenient and hygienic. formula has lots of skin beneficial ingredients. paula's choice doesn't test on animals.

my favorite and i wear it daily!

on 10/11/2014 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product. I have searched for so long for a moisturiser with spf that is matt and that doesn't go shiny after 2 hours and that doesn't sink into my pores. This is it. I have tried everything, and this is the best. Mac oil free lotion/DR. jart/Mac bb cream/clinique city block/bare minerals prep and prime / la roche posay/chanel spf 50 etc the list goes on they don't even come close to this. I am pretty pale and can get away with the tint in this moisturiser. I put it on and wait 10 minutes and it dries down almost completely and then I put on my makeup (bare minerals powder). I was using a primer over this but it looks better with just this and my makeup. This moisturiser also gives a bit of coverage if you want to wear it alone. And I love that I know im protected from the sun. My skin is super oily but I only have to top up with powder once a day now whereas before it was 3-4 times. One issue I have is with the cap on this, I find that after a few weeks of use it doesn't close back properly, there's a little gap left, and Im always afraid there is air getting in to compromise the sunscreen. Please make this product with a screw on cap!! The other issue is because I live in Europe and shipping costs 15 euros, the total price of this product for me is actually 46 euros (not 31) which is pricey along the chanel lines. But I wont even dock a mark for these issues as the product is so good!! This product gets holy grail status!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

THE product for oily faces!!!
I never knew it was possible to live without an oily face before I discovered this amazing product. For oil control, this is an HG product. Until using this, all of the other make up products I had tried, whether a liquid, cream, powder, bb cream, or tinted moisturizer caused me to get slick within a few hours and by the end of the day (around 5-6 pm) I would be super shiny and caked in grease. I thought this was unavoidable.
Until I found Paula's Choice. WIth this tinted moisturizer topped off with a finishing powder (I just use a mineral powder) I don't see any oil appear at all until very late at night, if I choose to keep it on that long. Friggin amazing!!!!!

*Coverage is perfect, not too little, not too much.
*Consistency is beautiful-goes on nicely, does not dry too fast or pill.
*Color is beautiful and does not oxidize.
*Lasts all day.
*Has improved the tone and look of my skin since I've began using it
*The 30 spf, antioxidants, and reservatrol are a nice bonus