Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30
RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

4.6

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

For an SPF product, this gets a holy grail in my book. I have to be very very very careful what I put on my face. This is bonifide safe for your face if you have acne prone skin (at least mine and I try a lot). I can't see myself repurchasing a different SPF anytime soon.

on 4/14/2016 12:03:00 PM

pricey but it works!

i use pc's bha gel at night, so i have to use a sunscreen throughout the day.

this is the only one that i'll use on my face. i like the tint, i have some redness in my skin - but after applying this, i can skip foundation. i have been using this for over two years now. never caused any problems. it is rather drying, which works for me - i don't get shiny or oily by the end of the day or after a strenous bike ride in hot weather.

it has a little bit of a smell, not unpleasant but distinct. this goes away after a few moments.

one tube lasts me about 9 months (but i only apply on days i have to leave the house and be outside a lot.)

on 2/3/2016 9:51:00 PM

Works like no other sunscreen I've used. I have combo skin and this works perfectly under foundation helping to keep my t-zone shine free. Highly recommend. Always come back to this after trying other sun protection products.

on 10/30/2015 8:16:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

There are only a handful of products that I repurchase. Usually I shop around trying to find something better - ever hopeful. I'm giving this 5 lippies because I'm repurchasing.

It just seems to do exactly what it's supposed to do for me. Even though it's only very lightly tinted (hardly at all really), it instantly makes my skin look a little better. On the weekends, I can go with this project with no other face makeup. For work I wear either liquid foundation over it, or powder, and it plays well with both. (With the exception of my Armani foundation which doesn't go well over anything else, so I don't blame this Resist sunscreen for that problem).

It's not shiny, but also not too matte - i.e., it doesn't look dry and powdery. And it doesn't cause me to break out.

The only downside is the price, which seems a little high for the size of the tube. But still, I throw away so much product that doesn't work, paying this price for something I will actually use makes it worthwhile.

I'm in my 60's, so I don't expect miracles. I'm just happy when something works for me.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best face sunscreen I've found so far that doesn't use chemical sunscreens, which I avoid.

on 5/8/2015 9:23:00 AM

I'm quite surprised that so many people with various skin types like this because in my experience this is only suitable for people with oily skin. Physical sunscreens suck out the moisture from my skin, and in this case there is nothing to counteract the drying effect. I couldn't wait to wash it down in the evening, it was so drying, although I used it with the Skin Recovery moisturizer without SPF.
The texture is quite runny, but it solidifies quickly after the application, forming a kind of mask that has to be bombed down with a good make-up remover at the end of the day. It has a slight tint, which is a nice color, unnoticeable, if you use a small amount, but when I applied it liberally, I could see the border of the product by my ears and my neck, because it was too dark. It is extremely mattifying, which must be a huge plus for people with very oily skin, but it looked unnatural on me.
To sum it up, I think it's a good product, but only for people with oily skin. If you have dry skin, try the Cellular Defense from the Resist line, if your skin is normal or combination, I recommend Clinique's City Block SPF 25.

Edited to add: For my normal/dry skin I can use it with Paula's Oil Booster. It works fine this way.

For me, this is the same as a BB or CC. The color is a good match and all I do is apply powder (Flower PP1, Prestige in Wheat, or Nuance in Light/Medium) when this has been brushed on. I am an NW20 and all of these work since they're so neutral. Nice, right? Well, since the Resist is $29.00 and there are so many other, less costly, options out there, I wouldn't waste my money on this. Paula's products are just what she used to target other companies for. Soon she'll be selling out to Estee Lauder or L'Oreal.....

on 1/30/2015 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I am very conflicted on this sunscreen. I wish it had higher UVA protection like French or Asian sunscreens (but I blame the FDA for that, not Paula's Choice). HOWEVER, everything else about this sunscreen is perfect.

First, there is no greasiness at all. It reminds me a lot of those "liquid-to-powder" foundations. It feels like it dries down immediately, similarly to Asian sunscreens except Paula somehow manages to do it without the alcohol. Amazing.

Second, it is slightly tinted so I actually stopped wearing tinted moisturizer. I wear the proper amount (1/4 tsp) and it does NOT look cakey at all, unlike tinted moisturizers with SPF if I try to wear the same amount. There's no white cast at all. However, I am NC20. I can see the tint being a problem for darker skintones.

Also, no fragrance! Yay!

The only reason I will stick to French and Asian sunscreens is the superior UVA protection. I am still on the hunt for the perfect sunscreen, but this one has come closer to perfect than any other sunscreen I have tried.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I stockpile this product because I don't ever want to be without. It's my go-to sunscreen. I have tried other face SPFs from higher-price boutique brands but I keep returning to this particular product because:

1) price is reasonable
2) I trust Paula with regards to effective overall UVA/UVB sun protection
3) the product is not tested on animals.

I literally have ordered five at a time when this product goes on sale. It's fabulous for oily skin, as it mattifies slightly but certainly doesn't add any oiliness. It's gorgeous under foundation or with no foundation at all.

I highly recommend. One of the best Paula's Choice products there is, in my opinion.

on 6/12/2014 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a foundation with sheer coverage. The color is light to medium and may look chalky on darker skin tones. This is very emollient and best suited for dry skin. Although it may be suitable for combination skin as well.The zinc oxide offers broad spectrum sun protection.