Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30
RESIST Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30

4.2

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13% (broad-spectrum sunscreen agent). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone suspending agent), PEG-12 Dimethicone (silicone-based thickener), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidants), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Lauroyl Lysine (skin-conditioning agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Trihydroxystearin (thickener), Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Haemstococcus Pluvialis Extract (astaxanthin/antioxidant), Hydrolyzed Corn Starch (thickener/mattifying agent), Polysorbate 80 (emulsifier), Hydrolyzed Silica (thickener/mattifying agent), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (silicone-based binding agent), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (emollient thickener), Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate (texture enhancer), Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol (preservatives), Sodium Chloride (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), Iron Oxides (natural pigment).

on 12/4/2016 7:28:00 PM

This was awful on my skin.
I have tried many sunscreens over the years (chanel, clarins, bioderma, la roche posay, avene and more) I think this has to be the worst.

It emphasised dry areas and fine lines / was not greasy but was not totally matte either- and I have dry-normal skin / make up did not sit well over this.

It was definitely not worth any hype, will be trying out Caudalie's Soleil Divin Anti-Ageing Face Suncare SPF 50 which I have been meaning to try.

on 5/23/2016 12:53:00 PM

My skin is sensitive, dry-combination(oily nose, normal cheeks, dry patches), rosacea-prone, very fair.

PROS: I love the tint, it's perfect for my skin tone. It covers my redness and most of the time I don't need to wear foundation over top. When I've prepped my skin properly (see below) my skin looks great. Next, the active ingredients in this SS are effective and I always trust PC for knowing their stuff. Finally, I love that the product did not irritate my skin and doesn't have a strong fragrance.

CONS: It is VERY drying on me. Unless I wear a heavy moisturizing cream underneath, or apply a layer of oil before applying this (I use Seabuckthorn), my skin feels incredibly uncomfortable, tight, and looks really dehydrated. Also, at US$32 plus shipping, it's quite pricey (I am in Canada) and it's inconvenient to have to wait for it in the mail. For me it's quite a "high-maintenance", expensive product, and for that reason I likely won't buy it again. I'll stick to my Avene SS which doesn't dry me out, and I can buy it in-store easily.

Pros - The tint isn't obtrusive. It isn't quite on the level of a BB cream. Instead, it is meant to prevent the "white cast" that otherwise comes with mineral sunscreens - and I actually love the very sheer tint. Very gentle, even around the eyes. Leaves a dewy, semi-matte finish.

Cons - Small amount for the price, considering that you must use liberally to get proper sun protection. Not moisturizing enough for dry skin without using a separate moisturizer. Unfortunately, there is no comparable PC product for dry skin.

Due to the size/price ratio and the fact that I must use a separate moisturizer, I'm currently looking for a different product. If PC elected to make this in a larger size, for a better price, and in a formula suitable for dry to very dry skin, it would be my HG.

on 12/29/2014 3:50:00 PM

How I love this product. It really feels light but slightly moisturising, have worn this in cold weather without becoming dry and flaky. The slight tint helps and the lotion feels gorgeous on the skin.
It's like a light moisturising version of my adored Clinique's City block, that I use in the summer.
Love.

on 11/1/2014 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

To answer "...would you buy this product again?"...Yes, I have purchased twice as back ups. I'm not sure how this will do once real winter dryness kicks in. I have dry skin normally and have been able to use this during that late summer/early fall with a moisturizer underneath. I am sensitive to chemical sunscreen, but the physical sunscreens for dry skin are just so heavy. If I need to switch to a dry skin formulation this winter I will, and then gladly come back to this for spring, summer, and fall. This works very well as sunscreen and primer. It wears well under a variety of foundations I have tried it with. It blends in easily and doesn't leave a white cast or feel heavy. It is fragrance free, another area of sensitivity for me. I really enjoy it.

UPDATE (12/16/2014): my skin started to feel dry and tight, and foundation looked horrid as we entered into fall/winter weather. I switched to a more rich formula and hated it! I couldn't wait to wash my face. Paula's Choice released Resist Intensive Relief Cream and the Resist Oil Booster which I started to use. (I love these BTW.). Adding a more moisturizing base has allowed me to run back to this! It wears well, and is fabulous under foundation. I will use this year round!

Oh yes, it is effective sunscreen. I have attended several fall outdoor sporting events and my face hasn't burned or darkened.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have been using this practically since it came out. It is my HG, desert island product. No joke! This evens out my pale skin, has a finish that somehow looks better than my real skin and doesn't irritate me at all - not even around the eyes. I love that it has anxtioxidants and physical sunblock. I love that it doesn't have fragrance or alcohol or a mix of physical and chemical, or all-chemical sunblockers. I also love that it has never separated in the tube (like natural peanut butter, I find some physical sunscreens separate in the tube, what a mess!).
I have to wear serum and/or moisturizer under this, which I recommend for the drier folks. This sunscreen has never balled up over them. It probably takes longer to set, though. It works fine under concealer, blush (cream and powder) and does not appear to oxidize on me. I don't generally wear foundation, so I cannot say how this would work beneath it. I can say that I really don't need any foundation when I have this. It is a lovely tinted face treatment that evens out my imperfections quite well on its own.
While not as elegant-appearing as the price tag might suggest, I do like the practical stand-on-its-head squeeze tube that this come in with its flip-top cap and its ingredients helpfully listed on the back. It stands up, nice and sturdy, and for us klutzes, it's pretty hard to accidentally knock it over. And if you do, nice, non-shattering plastic keeps it safe. For me, this is an absolute must-have. It has everything I ever wanted in a sunscreen. And nothing I don't.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Resident PC-fan here! Used the products for 10+ years - NOT affiliated!!! I had been using the PC Skin Recovery SPF as my HG but my skin has been more combo lately and, I felt like I was overdoing my moisturizing. Also, the Skin Recovery SPF is very shiny. So I changed to the PC Hydralight - really like it - matte, but still moisturizing enough for me. Intrigued by the tinted formula but put off by the higher price point, I had been wanting to try this Resist Super-Light but the samples had been sold out for MONTHS. Finally they had a flash weekend sale - 30% and free shipping of SPF. So I bought this one. (sidenote - the DAY I received it in mail - the samples came back in stock - Grrrrrr!)

So glad I tried it! LOVE IT!!! The tint is great on my NC20 (slightly more neutral and lighter). It doesn't provide "coverage" but does help unify/even skin tone *just* a bit. I like wearing it to go walking or yardwork. For super casual run to grocery store, this looks good with mascara and tinted balm. It doesn't feel heavy but I think the name "super" light is a stretch. It is marketed to oily/combo skin but I think drier skin types could wear this. I use some moisturizer around my eyes which are usually dry.

I'm kind of bummed I love this so much b/c of the price, but I never buy PC without a promo code or eBates so that helps a little.

on 4/8/2014 8:18:00 PM

I have dry skin and I don't like the feel of sunscreen on my face, nor the smell of sunscreen that is supposed to be unscented. I was using the Resist Cellular Defense SPF 25, but I could still feel it on my face an hour after I put it on, so I bought this. For the most part, I was very happy with it. I don't wear foundation, so the tint is really nice; there is absolutely no white cast. Paula's Choice says that does not not provide any coverage, but my skin is very pale and it definitely adds a tint to my skin (which is fine with me because it helps to even out my skin tone). Of course, the bad news about using a non-greasy sunscreen on dry skin is that it doesn't really moisturize, and my new retinol serum is causing some flaking. I found a solution, though.

I have been thoroughly mixing the two Resist sunscreens in my palm before application for the past few days, and it's been perfect for me. It soaks right in, there is no smell, it doesn't leave a white cast, it provides some moisture, and my skin feels soft after I put it on. This is the first time in my life I haven't dreaded putting sunscreen on my face.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is a really nice, effective sunscreen for normal to oily skin. My skin tends to be on the normal to dry range so this sunscreen tends to be a bit drying (definitely no shine or oil!) and it dries to a matte finish. I like the tint as it removes any whitish cast, and I also like that it's a Zinc Oxide formula! It is pretty pricey for a Paula's Choice product ($27 for 2oz.) so I will probably put this in rotation with less expensive facial sunscreens with moisturizer (Olay, etc). Even though the package says "moisturizer" on it, I don't feel dewy or moisturized, but no biggie because the sun protection is phenomenal, and when we get down to it, that's what we all really want, right?

on 3/12/2014 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Where has this been all my life? Paula's Choice products are either hit or miss for me and this is definitely a HIT - It's the best moisturizer/sunscreen combo I've tried by far. The texture is silky and it glides on smoothly and the best part is that it dries matte!! (I won't accept anything other than matte). My skintone is NC 45-50/ MUFE 173 and at first when I squirted this out, a feeling of dread came over me because of the beige-toned color of the product. I thought it was going to make me look like a ghost-face, but surprisingly, the product actually blended in pretty well. My face looks slightly made-up after I put this on, like I'm wearing some sort of light makeup or powder which I like but I would prefer NO tint because it does make my face a little lighter. I have dry skin, so I wear it over another moisturizer and I have no problems. Sometimes when I'm in a hurry I just squirt some directly into my moisturizer in my palm, mix them, and apply. Most sunscreens do not feel good on my skin and I always look forward to washing it off - this is the first sunscreen that doesn't make my skin uncomfortable.

It's also great that it has added antioxidants and Paula claims that it will visibly reduce wrinkles and dark spots (haven't used it long enough to judge that, but ok). Fragrance-free, paraben-free, no alcohol, no dyes. Finally found a product that will get me to wear sunscreen on a daily basis.

Update: Wore this on vacation in 88 degree weather and humidity and it stood the test of time. This is a keeper!